Kate's Law

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
The above was placed into the Congressional Record by an elected official of the United States House of Representatives.

Ah, a professional politician says so, and you believe it. We've located your problem, Connie.

In a constitutional republic, elected officials are representatives of the people from their district or state. If you have a problem with a representative republic (which you probably do), take it up in my Founding Fathers thread.

I would like to thank you for sharing the Breitbart article though. Certainly you didn't purposely leave the following out did you?

There are 21 people on death row with ICE notices on their files. 12 are illegal aliens.
595 immigrant inmates are serving*life sentences, and 62 percent, or 370 are illegal aliens.
1260 other illegal aliens are in TDCJ for sentences of more than 21 years.
These 1,875 inmates represent 1.3 percent of the entire prison population.
Leading crime for incarceration: Sexual abuse of a child, with 1,731 inmates, and just under 1,200 are in this country illegally. Murder ranks second.
Mexican nationals are the largest group of inmates, and 78 percent of them are illegal aliens. Honduras and Nicaragua follow in the rankings.

That being said, I must have missed your attempt at a rebuttal of the Government Accountability Office's report on illegal immigration and crime.

CRIMINAL ALIEN STATISTICS
Information on Incarcerations, Arrests, and Costs
http://www.gao.gov/assets/320/316959.pdf

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The above was placed into the Congressional Record by an elected official of the United States House of Representatives.

Barbarian chuckles:
Ah, a professional politician says so, and you believe it. We've located your problem, Connie.

In a constitutional republic, elected officials are representatives of the people from their district or state.

And voters severely punish any politician who doesn't lie to them. That's why we have the leaders we do.

If you have a problem with a representative republic...

Sorry, no bunny trails for you today, Connie.

The point is that Sessions lied to you; in his own state, illegal aliens are more law-abiding then native-born Americans. And the incarceration rates clearly show it.

Deal with the numbers. This is why places like El Paso with a huge number of illegal aliens, is one of the safest metropolitan areas in the United States.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Does this mean that we can finally talk about the GAO report entitled

You only want to count federal prisons. That's why your numbers don't line up with law enforcement data like that from Texas, which shows that illegal aliens are underrepresented in Texas prisons, compared to their population in the state.

How can that be? If you thought about who outlaws illegally entering the country, I bet you could and Musty could together figure it out.

Did you really need me to help you with that? Seriously? You know, you're reinforcing your reputation here when you do stuff like that.

And I don't mean self-loathing.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Does this mean that we can finally talk about the GAO report entitled

You only want to count federal prisons...

Appendix III: SCAAP Criminal Alien Incarcerations in State Prisons and Local Jails

When are you going to put in your Libertarian spiel for open borders?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
From your source:
The number of criminal aliens in federal prisons in fiscal year 2010 was about 55,000, and the number of SCAAP criminal alien incarcerations in state prison systems and local jails was about 296,000 in fiscal year 2009 (the most recent data available), and the majority were from Mexico.

There are 42.4 million aliens in America:
http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/now-we-know-how-many-illegal-aliens-really-in-u-s/

According to your source 351,000 of them are incarcerated.

A bit less than one percent of aliens are in prison in America.

There are roughly 2.5 million people incarcerated in the United states. Or about 2,149,000 native born people in prison.

Or about 1%.

But we have to subtract anyone in prison whose offense is only being here illegally. As you learned, some of them have not committed any crime at all (if they came here legally and just violated the terms of their visa, as Melania Trump did).

However, this table:

Will show you that of the aliens incarcerated, the majority of them are either legally here or brought to the United States for prosecution.

Feel free to look into that, but it won't really help you. As you now see, your own data tell you that immigrants are generally more law abiding than native-born citzens.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Based on our random sample, GAO estimates that the criminal aliens had an average of 7 arrests, 65 percent were arrested at least once for an immigration offense, and about 50 percent were arrested at least once for a drug offense. Immigration, drugs, and traffic violations accounted for about 50 percent of arrest offenses. About 90 percent of the criminal aliens sentenced in federal court in fiscal year 2009 (the most recently available data) were convicted of immigration and drug-related offenses. About 40 percent of individuals convicted as a result of DOJ terrorism-related investigations were aliens. SCAAP criminal aliens incarcerated in selected state prison systems in Arizona, California, Florida, New York, and Texas were convicted of various offenses in fiscal year 2008 (the most recently available data at the time of GAO’s analysis). The highest percentage of convictions for criminal aliens incarcerated in four of these states was for drug-related offenses. Homicide resulted in the most primary offense convictions for SCAAP criminal aliens in the fifth state—New York—in fiscal year 2008.

So much for being harmless.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Connie just realized that his source doesn't say what he was telling us it said.

I see that you Libertarians are lacking in the debate dept. as well as the moral absolutes dept.

I asked you in an earlier post when are you going to make your Libertarian spiel for open borders (Libertarians aren't only sexual anarchists, they're anarchists in general).

Of course to convince people that immigration laws aren't important, anarchist's must lie and say that those who cross the border illegally aren't a threat.

That claim has been debunked.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
I think Connie just realized that his source doesn't say what he was telling us it said.

(sound of goalposts being frantically repositioned)
I see that you Libertarians are lacking in the debate dept. as well as the moral absolutes dept.

Catch Connie in an attempted deception, and he'll go dirty, every time.

I asked you in an earlier post when are you going to make your Libertarian spiel for open borders

When are you going to make your spiel for drowning puppies? C'mon Connie; you think that kind of thing fools anyone here?

Connie gets confused:
(Libertarians aren't only sexual anarchists, they're anarchists in general).

If you don't know the difference between libertarians and anarchists, then we've found your problem.

Of course to convince people that immigration laws aren't important, anarchist's must lie and say that those who cross the border illegally aren't a threat.

The site you touted just showed us that. Did you even read it?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I asked you in an earlier post when are you going to make your Libertarian spiel for open borders.

When are you going to make your spiel for drowning puppies? C'mon Connie; you think that kind of thing fools anyone here?

The Libertarian Argument for Open Borders
https://www.libertarianism.org/columns/libertarian-argument-open-borders

Libertarian case for open borders
https://openborders.info/libertarian/

Like I said earlier in the thread: Either enforce immigration laws or open the borders for everyone.

Make your case for open border anarchy.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I asked you in an earlier post when are you going to make your Libertarian spiel for open borders.

About the same time you make your spiel for drowning puppies. When will we see that?

The cool thing about strawmen, is they're flexible. Instead of arguing with things you wish I had said, try arguing against things I said. You'll do better, Connie.

Like I said earlier in the thread: Either enforce immigration laws or open the borders for everyone.

Obama chose to enforce the law. I think that's a good idea. If this puzzles you, it goes back to your inability to distinguish between libertarians and anarchists.

Make your case for open border anarchy.

My thought is that we have too many laws, but just ignoring some of them degrades respect for law generally. Get rid of the harmful ones.

The reason we have border laws is to control who gets in. The reason states generally don't enforce them is that we make a profit on the labor of illegal immigrants. Where states have tried to crack down, e.g. Alabama, the result has been economic disaster. So eventually Alabama backed off. The net result is another hit on respect for the law.

Just that simple. We need workable laws for immigration that do not cause damage to America. That's not what we have now.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The reason we have border laws is to control who gets in.

The amazing things we learn from the Libertarian barbarian.

The reason states generally don't enforce them is that we make a profit on the labor of illegal immigrants. Where states have tried to crack down, e.g. Alabama, the result has been economic disaster. So eventually Alabama backed off. The net result is another hit on respect for the law.

Hence, illegal aliens coming into the US and committing crimes, many of them violent.

Just that simple. We need workable laws for immigration that do not cause damage to America. That's not what we have now.

A simple plan from a simple minded Libertarian. "Workable laws" would be something like Kate's law that punishes those with prison sentences who illegally return to the US after being deported.

I'm glad that we finally came to a mutual agreement that Kate's law is a very good thing.

On that note, have a great Libertarian day (I don't wanna know what that entails).

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Barbarian points out to Connie that his own source doesn't support him)

The amazing things we learn from the Libertarian barbarian.

Reading the report would have helped you a little, Connie.

Hence, illegal aliens coming into the US and committing crimes, many of them violent.

But as even your source shows, they don't do crime as much as native born Americans.

A simple plan from a simple minded Libertarian. "Workable laws" would be something like Kate's law that punishes those with prison sentences who illegally return to the US after being deported.

That's already on the books. "Kate's Law" is just political grandstanding, but since it only criminalizes something that's already a crime, it won't do any harm.