Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:rotfl: That's hysterical! A cult! You're calling Jesus' real Church a cult! Well, that's what the scriptures say that most people thought about the followers of Jesus back then: "Truly, as regards this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere." (Acts 28:22)

What is a "cult"? It is a group of people following a man who dominates them and tries to cut them off from family members, and usually takes over all their wealth, whatever it may be. None of that applies to Jehovah's Witnesses. And if you were truly informed, you would not say that.

:kookoo:

If you don't mind not having the true Gospel, in order to enter eternal life, that is your right of choice.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are wrong. 1 Corinthians 9:20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.

Paul NO LONGER taught circumcision and the sacrifice of animals, etc. So then, what do you think he was doing when making the vow?
I understand the verse I just don't believe he was being deceptive or duplicitous in any way.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no problem with the logic of saying a person doesn't know if they will be saved. After all, Jesus said, "He who endures to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

So, if we STAY on the narrow road leading to life, we will be saved. It's up to us, and each one of us hopes that we will indeed STAY with Jesus and Jehovah. If we focus on them, we will be OK and in good hands. No one can say NOW that he is saved. Even Paul didn't say that. He admonished all Christians to "keep on" and "work out your faith."

Jesus said, through John, that "the one who conquers and observes my deeds down to the end, will be given authority over the nations...just as I have received from my Father." (Revelation 2:26,27b)

So, Grosnick, you may think you are standing, but beware. You have to KEEP standing.

"Let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall." (I Corinthians 10:12)

Well, to be honest, I don't take the word of cultists. I just don't see the validity in it. Know what I mean? Perhaps not?

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 9:20
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the 5 law, that I might win those who are under the law;

Did you read that? Paul became AS A Jew, as one under the law, as one under the law.

Paul became as one under the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Just believe what Paul says. Paul says he became as a Jew to win the Jews. That is scripture.

You must accept that the Law is good. You do have the following verse in your favor or on the side of your argument. But, you can't see correctly without making any error if you see Paul to be pretending (to be a Jew).

Philippians 3:1-16 NASB - 1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things again is no trouble to me, and it is a safeguard for you. 2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, 4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless. 7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; 16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 9:20
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the 5 law, that I might win those who are under the law;

Did you read that? Paul became AS A Jew, as one under the law, as one under the law.

Paul became as one under the law.

With those without the law He was himself not without the law of God being under the law of Christ (see verse 21. But you need to go back to verse 19 to see what Paul was doing. Read these verses in their context too (or, as well). To make sure you do that. It will help if you only see this verse to read these other verses on either side of it, the one that follows after or these three as a whole, and more if you can.

God's Truth

You must accept that the Law is good.

I am talking about the law WITH ITS REGULATIONS.

Hebrews 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves.

You do have the following verse in your favor or on the side of your argument. But, you can't see correctly without making any error if you see Paul to be pretending (to be a Jew).

You cannot nullify scripture with scripture. Just believe it when Paul said he BECAME AS A JEW to win some over.

Philippians 3:1-16 NASB - 1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things again is no trouble to me, and it is a safeguard for you. 2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, 4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless. 7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; 16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.

How do you EVER get this means Paul did not pretend to be as a Jew to win over the Jews? How do you ever get that Paul did not keep the law for the earthly temple while it stood and while the unbelieving Pharisees and teachers of the law enforced the law?

God's Truth

With those without the law He was himself not without the law of God being under the law of Christ (see verse 21. But you need to go back to verse 19 to see what Paul was doing. Read these verses in their context too (or, as well). To make sure you do that. It will help if you only see this verse to read these other verses on either side of it, the one that follows after or these three as a whole, and more if you can.

You are trying very hard to make that scripture say something else, but it will not work for you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am talking about the law WITH ITS REGULATIONS.

Hebrews 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves.

You cannot nullify scripture with scripture. Just believe it when Paul said he BECAME AS A JEW to win some over.

How do you EVER get this means Paul did not pretend to be as a Jew to win over the Jews? How do you ever get that Paul did not keep the law for the earthly temple while it stood and while the unbelieving Pharisees and teachers of the law enforced the law?

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

God's Truth

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

How many times do you have to have it explained to you?

Paul was found in the TEMPLE.

The UNBELIEVING Pharisees and teachers of the OLD law ENFORCED the REGULATIONS, regulations just to be able to go to the earthly temple.

Acts 24:18
I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How many times do you have to have it explained to you?

Paul was found in the TEMPLE.

The UNBELIEVING Pharisees and teachers of the OLD law ENFORCED the REGULATIONS, regulations just to be able to go to the earthly temple.

Acts 24:18
I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

Paul is explaining here as well that he keeps God's Law. There was nothing wrong with him being in or near the temple.

God's Truth

Paul is explaining here as well that he keeps God's Law. There was nothing wrong with him being in or near the temple.

Just listen to your ridiculous comment...Paul kept the law of circumcision, you say. Paul says HE DID NOT PREACH CIRCUMCISION.

You still cannot do it. You cannot disprove the scripture where Paul claims to act like a Jew to win the Jews is false.

Again, the Pharisees and teachers of the old law ENFORCED the REGULATIONS, or they would put people in prison.

God's Truth

Jacob,

Galatians 3:1
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

God's Truth

Why do you think Jesus was crucified?

Why does Paul say he himself does NOT preach circumcision?

Galatians 5:11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

God's Truth

Please answer, Jacob. You claim I said the law was not good, so tell me, do you understand what fulfillment of the law means? Tell me, why didn't Paul preach circumcision, when circumcision was THE LAW?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Just listen to your ridiculous comment...Paul kept the law of circumcision, you say. Paul says HE DID NOT PREACH CIRCUMCISION.

You still cannot do it. You cannot disprove the scripture where Paul claims to act like a Jew to win the Jews is false.

Again, the Pharisees and teachers of the old law ENFORCED the REGULATIONS, or they would put people in prison.

Paul did not preach circumcision. But if it is circumcision you have trouble with he himself was circumcised and had Timothy circumcised. But I was talking about the Law. He was showing he keeps the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you think Jesus was crucified?

Why does Paul say he himself does NOT preach circumcision?

Galatians 5:11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

These are all great verses. I only disagree with your approach. Paul didn't change the Law. We all need Jesus to be our Savior.