Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

No, I just refrained from saying you were making a false accusation of me by pointing back to the source material.

No, you have been making false accusations. The works in the scripture you brought up is CIRCUMCISION. This scripture proves it:

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands—

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you have been making false accusations. The works in the scripture you brought up is CIRCUMCISION. This scripture proves it:

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands—

What about deeds, and going back I have to think you are wrong. What commentator did you look at? Titus 3:5 NASB.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, it does not. It says "the world."
Which it has already limited in John 1 to "His own."

The balance of John 1 identifying both who were "the as many as received him" and what they believed "thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel."
You know that Calvinists have to defend Calvinism on the prima facie, first blush meaning of John 3:16 also, right? You also know that this Gospel was written after both Peter (cf. John 21:19) and Paul had already died, right? Probably decades after. You know that, right?

John 3:16 means just what it says, and so does John 6:55-59. "These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum."

What I mean is, there's a law against drinking blood, in the Law. Jesus taught to those in the synagogue John 6:55-58.

Danoh

You know that Calvinists have to defend Calvinism on the prima facie, first blush meaning of John 3:16 also, right? You also know that this Gospel was written after both Peter (cf. John 21:19) and Paul had already died, right? Probably decades after. You know that, right?

John 3:16 means just what it says, and so does John 6:55-59. "These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum."

What I mean is, there's a law against drinking blood, in the Law. Jesus taught to those in the synagogue John 6:55-58.

No. I hold to a earlier, pre 70AD writing for the entire "NT."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What did Paul "destroy"?

I don't know. I see verse 17.

Wasn't looking at it before. Have seen this before. Just remember the verse (part of it). Maybe I am thinking of Romans 3:31 NASB. Or that salvation is by faith and that obedience or good works comes out of salvation, follow after faith, are a part of faith, or are the natural outworkings of faith. A person who has faith is obedient to God.

God's Truth

Explain this further?

God made the plan for salvation before He created anything.

1 Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

It is about the PLAN of salvation being made before anything was created.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I looked at the scripture you posted. I look at all the scriptures.

Paul is speaking about the PLAN for salvation not being made because of anything any human said or did, for the plan was made BEFORE the creation of the world.

I don't have an answer for you. That is not how I read it when I memorized these two. Now, what do you say to this?

Romans 4:5 NASB - 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

God's Truth

I don't know. I see verse 17.

Wasn't looking at it before. Have seen this before. Just remember the verse (part of it). Maybe I am thinking of Romans 3:31 NASB. Or that salvation is by faith and that obedience or good works comes out of salvation, follow after faith, are a part of faith, or are the natural outworkings of faith. A person who has faith is obedient to God.

Jesus saves us all on his own. He chooses whom he will save.

Who does Jesus save? Jesus saves those who obey him. See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, I asked you to explain what grace means, could you explain?

Could I? Can I? Will I? I may. I can try. But really I just have verses that talk about these three, grace, faith, and works. Works are the result of faith, not the cause of it or of salvation. Grace can be seen to be unmerited favor. But when did you ask me God's Truth? I'm not thinking of a particular grace.

John 1:16 NASB - 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.

See, Romans 5:2 NASB - 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.