Jesus taught existence after death

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes...Adam was created mortal but to eat of the tree of life and live forever...but when he disobeyed he was cut off...

Lest he reach out take eat and live forever-he was tossed and prevented access by the light sabering cherubim
Just want to point out...

"Adam was created mortal ... and [to] live forever" is a contradictory statement. "Mortal" means "subject to death"...

Anyways... How, then, is it possible, even for God, to destroy something that He Himself designed to exist forever?

I assert that not even God can destroy that which is designed to exist for eternity. Let me put it this way: Let's say you had the ability to create things, and you wanted to make something and have it exist for eternity, would you not design it in such a way that it could not be destroyed? Does that make sense? If you design something so that it lasts for eternity, it's not going to be able to be destroyed by any amount of energy or exertion, because it would take more than an eternity's worth of energy or exertion to destroy it.

way 2 go

Yes...Adam was created mortal but to eat of the tree of life and live forever...but when he disobeyed he was cut off...

Lest he reach out take eat and live forever-he was tossed and prevented access by the light sabering cherubim

so according to you death is not a result of sin but sin caused us to not be able to eat from the tree of life. :kookoo:

lie mixed with truth

way 2 go

you keep saying
absence of evidence is not evidence

right that there is no evidence there is why I didnt use these verses...that the spirit returns from its Giver is learned elsewhere...

spirits or bodies...being carried and resting on a bosom lends itself to being more than spirit...so if jews back then had uncovered graves the bodies would be gone? Poor friend Lazarus didnt even have 4 days of paradise...or maybe his body was carried back?
trying aggressive ignorance now?
spirits separate from bodies

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side

so body or spirit? How far off before Abraham is NOT recognizable...oh and how did rich man know? And the distance the gulf the roar of flames and yet rich man can converse with the other side?
calling Jesus a liar .
Abraham teaches one risen from the dead does not convince...so much for the gospel eh?

Jesus said this :
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"

where is God in luke 3:22 ?

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

heaven sending His spirit in the shape of a dove...why you ask?
So Jesus is not God ?

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
lol...you trying to insert something more than punctuations marks

punctuated by who?...cuz they not be in da originals...
so you have nothing but a red herring.

John the revelator is clear that when He comes He brings the reward with Him
yup
...fluttering about as a spirit prior this is impoverishing that reward
God is spirit & created us in his likeness
Joh_4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

...how does it live unable to eat of the tree of life?

begging the question ,you assume a spirit needs to.

Lon

sadduccees were indeed wrong about no resurrection...but hell not being developed in the Torah is a starting point...sadduccees were wrong again here for thinking who the woman was married to after being dead and raised mattered in the after life...and NOT because she was just a spirit
Er, no, 'badly mistaken...' About what? One of us is reading scripture, the other isn't. Luke 20:36,38 Mark 12:27 Again, He said "badly" mistaken. You can argue with Him about that when you see Him.

scripture with a hellping of tradition pagan no less
Nope. You can argue this with Him as I said. I've simply quoted His words. You? You JUST need to read them. He said 'badly mistaken' to the Sadducees.
but you do as you judge one preist saying she is sleeping as being catholic teaching...it is not despite the fact He said His friend Lazarus was sleeping...then clarified him as dead...NOT on Abraham’s bosom
Thanks for using scriptures, they are the only thing that matters, not inane posturing or asserting. We can but try to prove our points. Where in this passage does 'dead' mean nonexistent? I don't believe you can stretch it.
]praise among men is desired
Yeah, that's an 'ignorant cult' thing to say which mostly amounts to "I'm stupid so God favors me above you. I have to have some kind of delusional in with God because I didn't do well in school. Despite that being mostly my fault, I compensate by being delusional." Grades mean something and NOT some kind of retarded ploy to garner men's praise :plain: You are simply digging yourself in with special pleading. Mine is an observation, no proof, but as I said, Rutherford lied under oath with his hand on the Bible and Smith HAD to compensate for something, not having the intelligence to complete school. Try not to make your digs so transparent. They don't look like honest assessment, just ploys to somehow try to discredit your opponent. Such doesn't work.

so then..he was not teaching catholic doctrine
Again, let it go. If it isn't Catholic, it isn't Catholic, though it is obviously so for some Catholics or it wouldn't have been taught. This part of the conversation is going nowhere. Drop it as exhausted (my suggestion, it is fruitless). It doesn't matter 'who' believes in soul-sleep at such a point and we are getting lost in details. Just say "I don't believe it applies to Catholics" and we can move along. There is no reason to argue for the purpose of just winning an argument that doesn't matter much. I yet think it part of Catholic doctrine, no big deal.
Wuuuh? Wasn’t talking about the early protestant church...but first century church which rome called a superstitious jewish cult...possibly because they looked and behaved thusly...not running around about hell and such...
It didn't have the derogatory carried with it at that point. Accurate comparisons are important. No 'cult' today has the same.

lost track of which passage you are referring
:plain:

you mean like something under the altar representing those deserving vindication?
No, metaphor means something 'is' the other thing. Thus, when the Lord Jesus Christ is called the "Lamb of God" it is literal, not that the Lord was a young sheep, but that He was a literal sacrifice to redeem man. With metaphors, it is imperative to know what 'is' exact. Metaphors are always literal.

]and before that it says he was in a vision...now the seals represent various time lines here and wiki has the fifth seal at:
Where? Revelation 4:1? Revelation 9:17?

Preterist view
This is the cry for vindication by the Christian martyrs who were persecuted by the Jews after Christ’s death and leading up to the fall of Jerusalem in the year 70.[17] Both Ernest Renan and Volkmar, modern rationalist preterists, marked the year 64 as a significant year for Christian martyrdom.[11] The name “Jerusalem” became synonymous with the persecution of the righteous. But God avenged the deaths of the righteous by allowing the Romans to conquer the “holy city” as retaliation for the Jews handing Jesus over to Pilate.[17]

Historicist view
This seal occurred during the rule of martyred Christians who were persecuted by Emperor Diocletian (284-303). This was the tenth period of the persecution of Christianity and the most severe, because of being on a “worldwide” scale. Then with Constantine’s rise to power, Christianity became legalized (313) and the church was thereby vindicated.[17]

Futurist view
This judgment encompasses Christians who will be martyred for their faith in Christ during the Great Tribulation by not bowing down to the Antichrist and by not submitting to the global economic system that forces all people on the earth to receive the mark of the beast. Their deaths place them in good company of the righteous throughout the ages.[17]

Idealist view
The fifth seal is a reminder that, though the Christ inaugurated the "Kingdom of God" through the preaching of the gospels, God’s people suffer during the tribulation that starts from the first coming of Christ to the second coming of Christ. This is known as the end-time tribulation that stretches across world history. Thus the “kingdom of God” is in history, but “not yet” triumphant.[17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_seals

So was John present literally through each and every one of the seals time frames?
Obvious. Obviously future not happened. Obviously in heaven too.

Those souls under the altar were from which time frame just the fifth?
'Presently' so it doesn't matter which view you adhere to, preterist, historical, or else "around the throne" debunks they were/are sleeping.

I mean if they are literal souls crying out not forgiveness but for vengeance...despite it being dust + spirit = soul
Says more about 'you' than the passage considered, doesn't it? It is 'my view' instead. That is never going to convince anyone, Clefty.

nope. Absent the body and to be with Him is NOT absent IS with Him
It is what it says so you are arguing with scripture, not me. It says it.

Still welcome.

Still waiting to see...hell means exactly that His sacrifice was not enough but that eternally burning bodies is necessary to satisfy
Again, metaphor doesn't work this way. It means something has exactly the same feature that another has. The Lord Jesus Christ and 'lamb' both mean sacrifice, not fleece. If you miss the exact comparison, you are misreading and misunderstanding language and scripture.
Even Satan believes He is the Son...and?
You are supporting what I said, not detracting from it.

Man is only mortal.
Genesis 3:22-24 Romans 5:12; 6:23

clefty

Just want to point out...

"Adam was created mortal ... and [to] live forever" is a contradictory statement. "Mortal" means "subject to death"...
take it up with our creator...cars are made to drive...need da fuel no?

Gen 3: 22...”And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.”

Man has become like one of Us...in knowing good and evil...NOT in attaining immortality

A more careful reading of it reveals that the man was prevented from living forever by reaching out his hand and taking from the tree of life...

So denied access from the tree of life man died...

Anyways... How, then, is it possible, even for God, to destroy something that He Himself designed to exist forever?
by deny the thing created the other thing needed for it to live forever...

I assert that not even God can destroy that which is designed to exist for eternity.
lol...well He done did it...designed to exist for eternity man was denied what his design needed to do so...so he died

Let me put it this way: Let's say you had the ability to create things, and you wanted to make something and have it exist for eternity, would you not design it in such a way that it could not be destroyed? Does that make sense? If you design something so that it lasts for eternity, it's not going to be able to be destroyed by any amount of energy or exertion, because it would take more than an eternity's worth of energy or exertion to destroy it.

Like one of us is not exactly...in our image is not exactly...only ONE is IMMORTAL no beginning and no end...

Last edited:

clefty

so according to you death is not a result of sin but sin caused us to not be able to eat from the tree of life. :kookoo:

lie mixed with truth

Death is a result of sin...but even the innocent died undeservedly...

And He could have sent man from the garden and prevented access to the source of life without his sinning...but He would rather be known as a good and fair...

Again you dont like the terms or the design?...feel free to believe the serpent’s lie that we will not die...no matter what...lol

clefty

and yet the belief in hell...

trying aggressive ignorance now?
spirits separate from bodies
and man’s spirit returns to his Creator

But for you in your literal application of a folk tale...jewish graves should be empty of corpses or bones...as they are carried bodily to Abraham’s bosom or the other side of the gulf...

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side

calling Jesus a liar .
nope...calling Him up on popular folk tales and re using them to teach another lesson beside after life superstitions

Jesus said this :
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"
yup...its a folk tale so He told it...

And was killed rose and convinced many...but you would make Abraham a liar for saying one rising from the dead is not convincing...as if he actually taught that

So Jesus is not God ?
course He is...

so you have nothing but a red herring.
nope I have Him telling the theif the truth that day

the reward is resurrection with a new glorified body not re-injecting spirits into new bodies...

God is spirit & created us in his likeness
Joh_4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
yes...His Son became flesh...likeness is not exactly...

Yes worship in spirit and truth...not worship Him as spirits in spirit form...

begging the question ,you assume a spirit needs to.
not just any spirit...the spirit of man...which is breathed into him...and then returns to his maker at death...

way 2 go

and yet the belief in hell...
with evidence

and man’s spirit returns to his Creator
is that all the bible has to say , :nono:

But for you in your literal application of a folk tale...jewish graves should be empty of corpses or bones...as they are carried bodily to Abraham’s bosom or the other side of the gulf...
where does it say "carried bodily " ?
the rich mans body was buried and his spirit is in the flames

nope...calling Him up on popular folk tales and re using them to teach another lesson beside after life superstitions
judging Jesus and calling him a liar

yup...its a folk tale so He told it...

And was killed rose and convinced many...but you would make Abraham a liar for saying one rising from the dead is not convincing...as if he actually taught that

Jesus told the truth ,

I'm going to side with Jesus , those who do not believe the bible &
say they need to see a dead person risen are not going to believe.

Luk 16:31 And he said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets,
they will not be persuaded, even though one rose from the dead.

So Jesus is not God ?
course He is...
Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
not even He was in paradise that day...
the criminal on the cross is with God in paradise that day

clefty

with evidence
how retelling a popular folk tale evidence? If it was a documentary on the afterlife how is it that the poor beggar is remembered but not the name of the rich man with 5 brothers? Are we to assume the poor man went to Abraham’s bosom merely because he was poor? Many other indications this is not a documentary...how was Abraham recognized far off?...How is a gulf small enough to speak across? Hades has some very quiet flames...this tale wasnt even used to teach on the afterlife by the Teller...but it’s just assumed

so it counters itself?...in one place in scripture the spirit of man returns to the Creator in another man’s spirit goes somewhere else?

oh sorry...I assumed both the evil and good travelled together or at least same manner...apparently only the good are carried physically as how does one carry a spirit? So all good folk rest physically on Abraham...and bad folk are just spirits

right so the rich man is in flames...so how do physical flames burn spirits? And how does physical water cool spirit tongues?

not at all...I said He was keen to popular folk tales and used this one to teach about forgiveness...

However YOURS are having Him lie for saying His real life friend was merely dead when he was actually on Abraham’s bosom...Now why would He lie and not comfort them with the truth of His friend resting so peacefully on Abraham’s bosom next to the other Lazarus?...for four days...

Everywhere else He is about telling the truth and comforting people who mourn...and yet here you have Him withholding the truth...

Jesus told the truth ,

Oh sure He did and I believe without having to see a dead body rise...what I dont believe is that Abraham would teach that dead bodies raised would not be convincing...that is exactly contrary the Gospel which is that a dead Body rose thus be convinced...

Why would Abraham lie? Go exactly contrary the Gospel?

Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
lies need to be repeated often...you are doing fine job...be thankful for the punctuation marks invented later

I am actually surprised the translators didnt insert with the parentheses...(in saying this He made all meat clean)...no wait that was about something else...

CherubRam

Would Christ introduce the Pagan concept of Hell into Christianity? The word Hell is not even in the original text of the bible.

CherubRam

with evidence

Jesus told the truth ,

Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise."
Christ resurrection came three days after he was buried.

clefty

Would Christ introduce the Pagan concept of Hell into Christianity? The word Hell is not even in the original text of the bible.

Humans however add to the word of Yah...from the very beginning when even Eve lied and added “He said do not touch the fruit”

Yah did not say that...Eve lied

And ever since man in his zealousness and desire to “Out God” God has corrupted and counterfeited and deceived himself into further error...

As with Hell being inserted...the Trinity concept developed...the word Incarnation also misused to allow the making of images to adore and pray at...the list goes on and on

way 2 go

Oh sure He did and I believe without having to see a dead body rise...what I dont believe is that Abraham would teach that dead bodies raised would not be convincing...that is exactly contrary the Gospel which is that a dead Body rose thus be convinced...
Why would Abraham lie? Go exactly contrary the Gospel?

so you are saying Abraham lied and Jesus repeated the lie or Jesus lied and Abraham never said these things

Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.

way 2 go

Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise."

:nono:

Truly, I say to you, punctuated at least 70 times like this esv
I say unto you, punctuated at least 120 times like this kjv

Luk_23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Christ resurrection came three days after he was buried.

Jesus is God and God is in heaven

CherubRam

:nono:

Truly, I say to you, punctuated at least 70 times like this esv
I say unto you, punctuated at least 120 times like this kjv

Luk_23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Jesus is God and God is in heaven

Three days later

Psalm 16:10
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Psalm 49:9
so that they should live on forever and not see decay.
Acts 2:27
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay.
Acts 2:31
Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay.
Acts 13:35
So it is also stated elsewhere: “‘You will not let your holy one see decay.’
Acts 13:37
But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Three days and three nights[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From Friday evening to Saturday evening is one day, and from Saturday evening to Sunday evening is two days, and from Sunday evening to Monday evening is three days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 27:62[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Guard at the Tomb ] The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and the Pharisees went to Pilate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context[/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Full Chapter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Other Translations[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 15:42[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Burial of Jesus ] It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context[/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Full Chapter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Other Translations[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 23:54[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12:40[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 90:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

Hosea 6:2
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The resurrection of the elect is after two thousand years, and the third day is the end of the thousand years, and it is the resurrection of the sheep and goats.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Matthew 24
22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Matthew 25:32
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Revelation 20
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The time of the end will go beyond what people think. The last end was in 133 AD. Two days from then is 2133 AD.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Habakkuk 2

1 I will stand at my watch
and station myself on the ramparts;
I will look to see what he will say to me,
and what answer I am to give to this complaint.

The LORD’s Answer
2 Then the LORD replied:
“Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a messenger may run with it.

3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it lingers, wait for it;
it will certainly come
and will not delay.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 46:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Isaiah 48:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For my own name's sake I delay my wrath; for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you, so as not to cut you off.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 12:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For in your days, you rebellious house, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Habakkuk 2:2-3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
2. Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a messenger may run with it. 3. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it lingers, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 10:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And he swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, "There will be no more delay!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hosea 6:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 Peter 3:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 1:19-20[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. The mystery of the Seven Stars that you saw in my right hand and of the Seven Golden Lampsticks is this: The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations, and the Seven Lampsticks are the Seven Congregations.

Truth is made known by reason of the facts[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hawkins

Matthew 17:3-5 (NIV2011)
Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

Matthew 17:8 (NIV2011)
When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.

Moses and Elijah may disagree with some people in this very thread.