JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
To Nihilo, re. post #457....

I thought you said you were not Catholic.
Right.

Being Catholic is not like being many other types of Christian. If you find yourself agreeing with one or another Christian denomination or ecclesial community, mostly you can begin identifying as that type of Christian right off. But while I confess the Catholic faith, I have not been received into the Catholic Church, and that means I'm not Catholic, until and unless that ever happens.

So I receive the teaching authority of the popes, in all matters of faith and morals, but I am not "bodily" Catholic, not until and unless I am formally received into the Church, during some Easter Vigil in the future.

If you have any other questions let me know.

daqq

Daqq, I don't share your view that His Resurrection from the dead on the third day, is like any other doctrines that can be called "this or that."

That is a false accusation insinuation. Just because you do not understand what people mean when they say such simple things that is no reason for you to assume what they mean and put words in their mouths. And if you do know what I meant by that simple statement, which was clear enough, then you are a hatemonger spreading intentional lies and false reports through insinuating forked-tongue accusations and evil speaking. I only meant that you can say you believe whatever you want about the Messiah, (anything you say you believe, hence "this or that", including the resurrection), but if you do not believe his words then I do not believe your claims.

I do follow Paul's plain explanation (to me), that believing in His Resurrection constitutes the entirety of Christian faith. Every other truth of the faith is anchored in, and finds its foundation upon, this fact of history.
Fine, but I do believe His testimony, every word of it, and I do so through the infallible lens that He gives us, His ordained teachers, the college of bishops of His Church, all those bishops in communion with the successor of Peter, the supreme pastor of the whole Church.
Because they shalt not be saved. Romans 10:9 (KJV)
I'm not rejecting His testimony.
I can and do read what everything says, but I am not authorized to interpret Scripture independently of what the Lord's own chosen teaching office teaches, and I don't.

There is a wall that the Lord constructed, saying, "Upon this Rock I will build My Church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." If the Trinity is false, then He lied, because if the Trinity is false, then the gates did prevail against the Church, and in spectacularly fast fashion; the Church was virtually stillborn, that's how long it didn't take, for His promise to be broken, if the Trinity is false.

Perhaps any other particular error may be endured, but not this kind of blasphemy---and it is high blasphemy if the Trinity is false. This is death, and Christ said that the Church He would build upon Peter would not die, but if the Trinity is false, then He lied, and the Church has been long dead by now.

I don't accept that position, which is why I don't accept that the Trinity is false.

And I see by the rest of your post that you do exactly what was already said: you claim to believe the Testimony of Messiah but you do not actually believe it in the whole and rather believe what your mother church tells you to believe about his words. So all the "this or that" you are rambling on about is neither here nor there because I do not believe you truly believe the Testimony of the Master. You've already rejected his words quoted right here in this thread.

glorydaz

The 'nature' of 'God' is Spirit, Love, Light, Energy, Essence, Pure Consciousness, etc. God is 'Infinite Intelligence',.....and still 'God' is more, being the omnipresent absolute reality. If you like dive into the 'divine nature' itself, it is something prior to religious concepts (which includes a 'trinity) and transcends any mind-construct,...it is prior to 'relativity'. So, as to 'nature', I see that as the pure essence, spirit, energy-consciousness at the heart of my own 'being' which cannot be separate from the One Original Reality, the Infinite I AM. (my true essence is not separate from that, neither could it be, since 'God' is ONE). God is One. God is all. Nothing can exist separate from or outside of the Infinite.

Obvioulsy my response to KR previously was a 'play' on the versatility of personalities within the 'Trinity - concept'. The whole belief in Jesus being YHWH is a later doctrinal development, as the orthodox concept of a Trinity was being formalized a few centuries after Jesus and his original apostles had passed away, but was rather different since they were true monotheists Unitarians, recognizing that only YHWH was the Most High and ONLY God, the Elohim of Abrahman, Isaac and Jacob, and that any true 'Messiah' would be a man after the lineage of David, a man anointed and empowered by YHWH.

One cannot bypass the clear Messianic passages in the OT as showing that the Messiah is always a man anointed and appointed by YHWH, the invisible Infinite Spirit Deity, who Alone is MOST HIGH, while Psalm 110 is a clear example of such, David recognizing that one coming from his own line would be his "lord" anointed by The LORD GOD (YHWH), being the Messiah.

Apart from a traditional-orthodox Jewish and Unitarian Christian perspective, all Trinitarians can do is assume that all these distinguishing passages are dealing with Jesus human personality, his human nature, so they have a more 'versatile' canvas to work with, since they believe Jesus is both wholly man and 'God' at the same time, so they can conveniently contextualize anything pertaining to Jesus to his 'human' or 'divine' nature. This allows any reference of Jesus having his own 'God' and 'Father' as meaning this is speaking of the human part of Jesus having a 'God' and 'Father'. So this aspect of Jesus that is NOT 'God', would naturally be said to have such.

I've said previously this gives them an advantage of sorts with 'theological diversity'. The "juggling" of the persons was a humorous jab at this, since in this 'company' the Holy Spirit also gets to be specially endowed as being 'his own person' :) So you see,...the versatilities here you get to play with can be a bit more liberal than a more simple biblical Unitarian Christology.

My former critique on the Trinity being merely a theological concept still holds as one perspective here, since 'God' in pure Spirit, incorporeal, invisible, INFINITE. While your comment with the smiley emoticon may have also been a bit of a humourous jab,...there is certainly a deeper meaning and import in our consideration here, to reconsider the ACTUAL NATURE of Deity itself, as pure incorporeal Spirit, being truly ONE (echad). On this more pure metaphysical plane, I see only the One Absolute Reality that is Love, Light, Truth, Being, Consciousness, Spirit...being All that IS. - all else is but conceptual language symbols used to relate difference, distinction, names, forms, appearances and what have you. All that there is however is 'pure awareness' playing and relating with all these forms in space. That is all that is going on really.

Esoteric gobbledegook. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Then explain those two scriptures. I have asked you in the past to explain even one. I'm still waiting. To speak of two comings is very vague. The issue is whether or not there are TWO PERSONS being depicted in the scriptures, one talking to the other, one anointing the other, etc.

If you asked me anything....I don't recall.

Two comings is not vague, at all.

If you saw a Marine shooting the hell out of some Afghanis, and then you saw that same Marine bouncing his baby daughter on his knee, you'd have the same dilemma. One of your own making.

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KingdomRose
I started the previous post with the same name to encourage people to explain how 2 particular verses could possibly be referring to just one individual. The scriptures are:

Psalm 110

Isaiah 61:1,2

No one has attempted to explain these verses yet. What is the problem? I would like the people who believe that Jesus is YHWH to share their thoughts as to why these verses do NOT refer to two different Persons.
You're having the same problem the Jews had...not recognizing there were two comings...one as a suffering servant and one as a conquering King.

Just two comings not two individuals.

KR quoted, (referenced), Isaiah 61:1,2. Are you aware that the Master quotes from this passage in Luke 4:17-21 and applies it to himself? How then do you say what you do in response to this passage? Are you suggesting that in the first advent he was only "anointed" by the Spirit of YHWH, as he says in quoting that passage, (Isaiah 61:1 reads the Name, YHWH), but in the second advent he will then be YHWH Almighty?

Isaiah 61:1-2 ASV
1 The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me; because Jehovah hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 to proclaim the year of Jehovah's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isaiah 61:1-2
1 The Spirit of Adonai YHWH is upon me; because YHWH hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of YHWH, and the day of vengeance of our Elohim; to comfort all that mourn;

Luke 4:17-21 KJV
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

???

glorydaz

The issue is whether or not there are TWO PERSONS being depicted in the scriptures, one talking to the other, one anointing the other, etc.

Let US create men in OUR own image. The Father speaking to the Son and calling Him God.

With God, and Was God from the beginning. Distinct but not separate.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.​

I'm sure you have just as hard a time understanding how God is eternal. You just don't want to admit it because it doesn't deny that Jesus is God in the flesh. That's where every cult puts on the breaks.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Gobble this...............

Gobble this...............

Esoteric gobbledegook. :chuckle:

Trinitarian metaphysics is just as 'profound' and 'complex', if not more :) But the essential of what I shared remains for those understanding terms and their meanings, with whatever Christology you choose to favor :) - 'God' is an infinite, invisible, all-pervading, all-transcending, incorporeal reality, while all forms and appearances of life are creative expressions of this Infinite ONE. This would fit a trinitarian model of SPIRIT just fine, since the Godhead is a divine company (multi-plex) of divine personalities, who are but the Creators of all other personalities that exist. The whole cosmos is a 'manifold unity' of Spirit, Mind and Matter. Consciousness is the common ground, subtext and context of all that exists,....Consciousness is all there is. - all else in this playground of 'theology' are but preferred model-constructs, conceptual paradigms and 'ways' (interpretations/translations) of looking at 'God'. You are but an individual 'mirror' in vast space of millions of other individual mirrors. Its all an illusion of appearances. - maya(illusion).

I would futher say again, in the light of universal reality, I dont see an advantage, benefit or necessity in choosing Trinitarian dogma over a biblical Unitarian one, or any other wonderful more liberal Christology out there, because so many different opinions and assumptions exist about who Jesus even is (or even existed), let alone the concept of 'Messiah'. So knock yourself out :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Let US create men in OUR own image. The Father speaking to the Son and calling Him God.

With God, and Was God from the beginning. Distinct but not separate.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.​

I'm sure you have just as hard a time understanding how God is eternal. You just don't want to admit it because it doesn't deny that Jesus is God in the flesh. That's where every cult puts on the breaks.

Do you think that maybe God is not calling the son God but saying your throne which is God is eternal?

God being the head of Christ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you think that maybe God is not calling the son God but saying your throne which is God is eternal?

Calling a throne "God"?

No, and there's no way to even imply that in the original Greek. The Father is speaking to the Son, and says "the throne of you, 'ho Theos' [Literally, 'the God', meaning the only God, as the Greeks were polytheistic, and saying this would be unusual in their language], is for all time."

But de regarding pros the ho Son hyios he says, · ho “ Your sy throne thronos, O ho God theos , is for eis all ho time ai?n ho , · ho and kai the ho scepter rhabdos of ho absolute justice euthut?s is the scepter rhabdos of ho your sy kingdom basileia . - Hebrews 1:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:8&version=MOUNCE

ba3004ba2406fa1e7c5457951e808776.jpg

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Calling a throne "God"?

No, and there's no way to even imply that in the original Greek. The Father is speaking to the Son, and says "the throne of you, 'ho Theos' [Literally, 'the God', meaning the only God, as the Greeks were polytheistic, and saying this would be unusual in their language], is for all time."

But de regarding pros the ho Son hyios he says, · ho “ Your sy throne thronos, O ho God theos , is for eis all ho time ai?n ho , · ho and kai the ho scepter rhabdos of ho absolute justice euthut?s is the scepter rhabdos of ho your sy kingdom basileia . - Hebrews 1:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:8&version=MOUNCE

ba3004ba2406fa1e7c5457951e808776.jpg

The kingdom is inside you.

Does your kingdom not have a throne?

Revelation 3:21 21

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And who is victorious but him who believes Jesus is the son of God?

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God(or which is God added by 1Mind1Spirit[/MENTION]), is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The kingdom is inside you.

Does your kingdom not have a throne?

Revelation 3:21

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And who is victorious but him who believes Jesus is the son of God?

Jesus is victorious, and we share in His victory because of the gift He gave to us. Without Him, there is no victory.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God(or which is God [MENTION=15579]1Mind1Spirit[/MENTION]), is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Again, would God the Father call an object "God"?

And because context is important when trying to understand a verse, what about Hebrews 1:9?

You have loved agapa? righteousness dikaiosyn? and kai hated mise? lawlessness anomia; therefore dia houtos · ho God theos , · ho your sy God theos , has anointed chri? you sy with the oil elaion of gladness agalliasis beyond para · ho your sy companions metochos .” - Hebrews 1:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:9&version=MOUNCE

51875b6a18966aab779ed4275be63231.jpg

Can a throne love and hate? Does a throne have companions? No, that would be ridiculous.

The verse is very clearly talking about the Son, who is God, whose throne is eternal and whose scepter is one of righteousness, who loves righteousness and hates lawlessness, who was anointed with the oil of gladness beyond His companions.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus is victorious, and we share in His victory because of the gift He gave to us. Without Him, there is no victory.

Never said otherwise.

Again, would God the Father call an object "God"?

Why do you think the throne of God is an object?

And because context is important when trying to understand a verse, what about Hebrews 1:9?

You have loved agapa? righteousness dikaiosyn? and kai hated mise? lawlessness anomia; therefore dia houtos · ho God theos , · ho your sy God theos , has anointed chri? you sy with the oil elaion of gladness agalliasis beyond para · ho your sy companions metochos .” - Hebrews 1:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:9&version=MOUNCE

51875b6a18966aab779ed4275be63231.jpg

http://www.biblemeanings.info/Words/Social/Throne.htm

Can a throne love and hate? Does a throne have companions? No, that would be ridiculous.

The verse is very clearly talking about the Son, who is God, whose throne is eternal and whose scepter is one of righteousness, who loves righteousness and hates lawlessness, who was anointed with the oil of gladness beyond His companions.

1 Corinthians 15:28 28

When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

glorydaz

No, I don't. Jesus "came out from God".

Jesus is the glory of God. "We beheld His glory...." "The glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ".

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No, I don't. Jesus "came out from God".

Jesus is the glory of God. "We beheld His glory...." "The glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ".

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.