Jesus is God.

God's Truth

You do not know the truth about your Lord. There is much more for ALL of us to learn GT.

Daqq is smarter than most and gives a different view of God's Bible. Open your mind and learn friend.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I do what Jesus says, not what you say to do.

You are not going to learn anything until you learn that, for wisdom is given to those who obey. Understanding is given to those who obey.

Do you need the scripture references that say that?

daqq

Well, it is still not worth reporting. The mods have better things to do.

I guess the rules are different in this board; in fact, in most boards you are not even allowed to talk about reports and mod actions: but to each their own ways I suppose. :)

More Bull! You have nothing to offer.

I answered you from Rev 14:12-20, Matt 13:24-30, Matt 13:37-43, and Luke 21:27-28. Why do you deny that I already answered you? You are supposed to be binding the tares of your fields for burning; but you apparently do not understand the parables of Yeshua, yet this pertains to the will of Elohim. Therefore the tares overrun your fields; and in some such cases the entire field ends up being burned down in the harvest.

Revelation 14:14 KJV
14 And I looked, and behold
a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Luke 21:27-28 KJV
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming
in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Yes, straighten up, lift up your head, (and stretch out that neck), your redemption-purchase-buyback from the earth is at hand. But first you have need to do the will of Elohim so that you may receive The Promise, (Hebrews 10:36). :chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yes,....Jesus was begotten at the time of the heavenly proclamation at his baptism

Yes,....Jesus was begotten at the time of the heavenly proclamation at his baptism

Follow the sheep through the door my friend, it's all there, (and here).

This is an important thread (linked above),...of which I will finish reading, since the purposed omission of "today I have begotten you" from a few places in the gospels shows a motive to support the 'Eternal Son' doctrine, since if God spoke to Jesus at his baptism as being begotten THAT DAY, then this would contradict the 'eternally begotten' doctrine held by the Trinitarians and seem to support Adoptionism. Anyways more later,...my former posts here still hold,...since no matter what Christology you hold, you are still called to follow the teachings of Jesus, live the religion he lived, if you are his true disciple, otherwise its just doctrine worship, or some other peculiar form of religiosity we're engaging in. - hey its all good all things being 'relative', but some points of view are more tenable than others ;)

I still say that a mere statement that 'Jesus is God' means nothing to anyone but the stater, unless he can qualify and properly contextualize his statement or 'claim'. Jesus as the Son of God & Son of Man is clearly differentiated from God the Father being a 'son' of said 'God'.... and a separate distinct personality. Furthermore there is more to show Jesus is NOT 'God', but the messenger, prophet, anointed one, Son, representative of God more than anything else, and it still stands that knowing such is sufficient unto itself. The gospel of John clearly defines the purpose of it being written,..to testify that Jesus is the son of God. We too who follow Jesus and embrace the Christ-life, enter into the realization of sonship as well.

And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

- John 20:30, 31

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

- John 10:34-38

Do note Jesus claim to Sonship was primary, to reveal the Fatherhood of God and his divinely ordained mission, being His Anointed :thumb: - all else is speculative subject to point of view depending on one's own theology or philosophical orientation, but again,....that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God is the essential revelation according to John (or one of his redactors ;) )

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yes it is.

I suggest deeper research into church history, doctrinal evolution and developments, and less RCC dogmatism and propaganda. There is much MORE to the story....if you will invest the time to research things thoroughly without the 'church' doing all your thinking for you. However, if you choose Catholicism , praise the Lord (I can respect aspects in every 'tradition'), I just say it is not the only or correct presentation of Christianity available, as in the early days after Jesus left the world, there was quite a variety of viewpoints among his followers, while only later did groups begin to 'dogmatize' and 'institutionalize' a religious community, equipped with a governing priesthood, bishopric and so forth....leagued with the ruling socio-political powers of the day.

You've just chosen to accept one version of the Christ-story and 'Christology'.

daqq

This is an important thread (linked above),...of which I will finish reading, since the purposed omission of "today I have begotten you" from a few places in the gospels shows a motive to support the 'Eternal Son' doctrine, since if God spoke to Jesus at his baptism as being begotten THAT DAY, then this would contradict the 'eternally begotten' doctrine held by the Trinitarians and seem to support Adoptionism. Anyways more later,...my former posts here still hold,...since no matter what Christology you hold, you are still called to follow the teachings of Jesus, live the religion he lived, if you are his true disciple, otherwise its just doctrine worship, or some other peculiar form of religiosity we're engaging in. - hey its all good all things being 'relative', but some points of view are more tenable than others ;)

I still say that a mere statement that 'Jesus is God' means nothing to anyone but the stater, unless he can qualify and properly contextualize his statement or 'claim'. Jesus as the Son of God & Son of Man is clearly differentiated from God the Father being a 'son' of said 'God'.... and a separate distinct personality. Furthermore there is more to show Jesus is NOT 'God', but the messenger, prophet, anointed one, Son, representative of God more than anything else, and it still stands that knowing such is sufficient unto itself. The gospel of John clearly defines the purpose of it being written,..to testify that Jesus is the son of God. We too who follow Jesus and embrace the Christ-life, enter into the realization of sonship as well.

Do note Jesus claim to Sonship was primary, to reveal the Fatherhood of God and his divinely ordained mission, being His Anointed :thumb: - all else is speculative subject to point of view depending on one's own theology or philosophical orientation, but again,....that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God is the essential revelation according to John (or one of his redactors ;) )

Amen Freelight, and yes, it is called the Adoptionist view, and it is no doubt older than the Trinitarian view. :)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
in the early days after Jesus left the world, there was quite a variety of viewpoints among his followers
There wasn't a variety of viewpoints among His Apostles though. Your point is a good one, if the Apostles themselves disagreed about His nature, but I don't think that they did.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Doctrinal developments........

Doctrinal developments........

There wasn't a variety of viewpoints among His Apostles though. Your point is a good one, if the Apostles themselves disagreed about His nature, but I don't think that they did.

:thumb:

Hi Nihilo,

I hear ya,.....Its just a view among some scholars and students that a greater variety of doctrinal viewpoints existed and were being developed in the first 4 centuries until a more powerful church-state began to usurp themselves as the 'orthodox' authorities making all else 'heretics'(u know the drill). - some of those 'heretic-hunters' never rest. We have the early groups of Essenes, Nazarenes, followers of 'the way', Ebionites, etc. that kept more to their Jewish roots (Unitarian in orientation), then the more liberal views among the various Gnostics that favored a divine Christ-figure (of varying degrees), so there are interesting evolutional developments of doctrine that were going on.

Notaclue

Yes! The Son of Man is he that has descended and ascended the heavens; at least we agree on that:But now show me where Yeshua ever says that he himself is the Son of Man: does he not always refer to the Son of Man in the third person? And how many times have we already had this same argument throughout these fora? Maybe not you and I but certainly myself and the same old crowd, over and over, again and again. What generally happens next is that someone will come along and post Matthew 16:13 KJV, (KJV of course), to supposedly "disprove" the truth with the erroneous Textus Receptus rendering of the KJV or YLT rendering; and then I will refute it with the truth once again; and then the same will go on as if nothing happened, continuing with what they want to believe, despite the truth having been placed right in front of their eyes once again.

daqq,

Jn.12:27 “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. 28Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” 29The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” 30Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. 31Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. 32And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die. 34So the crowd answered him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?” 35So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. 36While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.

Jn.8:12. Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Jn.1:4. In him(Word) was life, and the life was the light of men.

Gen.1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Rev.21:22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

The Lamp is the Lamb

Rev.22:3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

They need not the Light of the Lamb....... The LORD GOD will be their Light.

1Jn.1:5 God is light,

Jn.17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with. thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

What are your thoughts on the Seven Spirits of God?

Peace.