Jesus is God.

God's Truth

When did I say you can?
You said Jesus is not God---so then how do you have the spirit of a mere man living inside you?

Taking in him is taking his life into our hearts. Obeying the commandants brought from God and loving God with all our hearts, mind, soul and strength, and our neighbour as ourselves.
You are denying the Truth, for Jesus Christ himself says that he HIMSELF will live inside the believers. So then, do you have Jesus himself living in you? You say Jesus was just an exalted man called the Son of God like us. Tell me, do you have the spirit of a man inside you, or do you have the Spirit of God?

Eating his flesh and drinking his blood is spiritual. It wasn't his real flesh and blood that the apostles ate and drank, just like it's not his real flesh and blood that drink. We are to take his life in and He will be our strength through the spirit of God

What do you think he meant by eat my flesh and drink my blood?

Drinking his blood is as believing. Eating his flesh is as obeying.

We cannot eat and drink the blood and flesh of a mere Man and have Spirit and life.

marhig

You said Jesus is not God---so then how do you have the spirit of a mere man living inside you?

You are denying the Truth, for Jesus Christ himself says that he HIMSELF will live inside the believers. So then, do you have Jesus himself living in you? You say Jesus was just an exalted man called the Son of God like us. Tell me, do you have the spirit of a man inside you, or do you have the Spirit of God?

We cannot eat and drink the blood and flesh of a mere Man and have Spirit and life.

Jesus also said this

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

That doesn't make him God, but that his life is in you! He clearly says we, meaning him and the father. Christ is in our heart through the spirit of God.

QUOTE: Drinking his blood is as believing. Eating his flesh is as obeying

I like the way to put that, and I agree

So if drinking his blood is believing and eating his flesh is obeying, then when we take his life in we believe in him and trust him and we live it out by obeying him in our flesh, right?

And it's in this way, that we are covered in his blood. His whole life covers us, inside and out. We believe in him inside and we obey him outside. And God sees the life of his son in us and not our flesh.

Can you see what I mean?

God's Truth

That doesn't explain why Jesus called God his God? And if Jesus is the father, why did he call God his father? Why pray to the father if he is the father?

And God the father came in a man by the spirit is God entering fully into the heart of Jesus. He isn't God but the only begotten son of God, who has never sinned.

He quoted Isaiah, and said the spirit of God is upon me.

At the end of speaking, Jesus said, today this scripture is fulfilled in your ears

So Jesus said that the spirit of God was upon him, and I believe him!

I answer your questions but you do not answer mine.

Tell me how Jesus Christ himself will live in you if he is not God.

Answer the question.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 17:26 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.

marhig

Spirit is spirit, and flesh is flesh. A man is flesh and when we leave this body we become a spirit. That doesn't make Jesus God.

He is the Christ, at Gods right hand, over everything in heaven, but still in subjection to God. And we only get to God through him, he is a spirit not flesh, man is flesh.

And he said that he will ask the father to send the comforter which is the holy spirit. Why did he ask God to do this if is he God, and if he is the spirit of God, why would he ask God to send him in his name?

I can't see how you can't see it, Christ comes into our hearts through the spirit of God. And the spirit of God changes our hearts to be more like Christs, if we obey him. They are in one heart and mind but they are separate and we are one with them when we obey God and belong to Christ, he is our head and we are the members. We are his church.

marhig

I answer your questions but you do not answer mine.

Tell me how Jesus Christ himself will live in you if he is not God.

Answer the question.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 17:26 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.

I have answered these questions in the post before this one

God's Truth

Spirit is spirit, and flesh is flesh. A man is flesh and when we leave this body we become a spirit. That doesn't make Jesus God.

He is the Christ, at Gods right hand, over everything in heaven, but still in subjection to God. And we only get to God through him, he is a spirit not flesh, man is flesh.

And he said that he will ask the father to send the comforter which is the holy spirit. Why did he ask God to do this if is he God, and if he is the spirit of God, why would he ask God to send him in his name?

I can't see how you can't see it, Christ comes into our hearts through the spirit of God. And the spirit of God changes our hearts to be more like Christs, if we obey him. They are in one heart and mind but they are separate and we are one with them when we obey God and belong to Christ, he is our head and we are the members. We are his church.

You do not respect God's Word.

Jesus SAYS PLAINLY that HE WILL LIVE IN US.

You say no.

I believe Jesus and not you.

marhig

I'm going to have a read of the Bible with my husband, any more questions I'll answer later.

But please know this, I don't feel any bad towards you. And I can see you love God deeply, and God knows the sincerity of both our hearts. I love him deeply too. Yet people who don't know my heart would call me unsaved and going to hell, because I don't believe as they do. We should never judge one another but let the word of God sink deep into our hearts and do the judging and the dividing, he knows us and he knows when have received the truth. He will be 'my judge and yours. I will ponder on the things you have said and go to God. But unless he reveals anything different to my heart, then I must believe the scriptures and to me they clearly say that God is the God of Jesus

By the way, I believe Jesus also, and he said that God is his God, and I believe him. And his apostles did too, they called God the God of our lord Jesus Christ. So if the apostles believe that, then so do I.

So we'll have to agree to differ

marhig

You do not respect God's Word.

Jesus SAYS PLAINLY that HE WILL LIVE IN US.

You say no.

I believe Jesus and not you.

I've never said that Christ isn't in our hearts, I've said he's not God. If Christ isn't in our hearts, then we're not covered by his blood.

I've explained what I mean by this in a post above. I'm not saying it again. I'm going now to read. I'll speak to you again.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Revelation deals with the Tribulation.
The Body of Christ believers won't be here.
There are "hints" in Revelation that, prior
to the Wrath of God (late-Trib), another
"batch" of believers will be removed
from the earth. God will not pour out
his Wrath on the Righteous, he will not
punish the Wicked along with the Righteous.

Read it again, for the first time!

Tribulation/persecution is for believers. It is not for punishment! Wrath is punishment for the enemies of God.

Take note as to when the "man-child" will be caught away? Take note who will be left to go through the tribulation as being "the "remnant" of her seed"? Take note that the "woman' is the "visible" church, i.e., bride of Christ, the entity married to Jesus Christ who has been impregnated with His seed that will consummate in her giving birth to man-child; multi-membered body of Christ; the very elect; the "invisible" church? Again, cf Rev 7:14.

Since the crusades, 300,000,000 christians have been slaughtered! Time to wake up, doncha think?

All believers will be gone, you say? Here:

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV)

Jesus speaking to His disciples concerning the spiritual laziness of their fellow 'followers of Christ":

" . . And [they]knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left." Matthew 24:39-41 (KJV) Both women are Christians!!

Cross Reference

Yes I know???? That doesn't make him God?

I am NOT a Jesus only Christian. However, my quest on this forum has been to make clear the result of what the perfect human intimacy that Jesus had with God achieved for mankind. So perfect was it that he included Himself [John 17:3] and didn't consider it to be easy to understand how the result could be such that for it to be more intimate he would have to be glorified. Jesus exampled this union and demonstrated it from His human "earthbound" flesh until He exhausted every "jot and tittle" example of the glory of God without Himself being glorified. "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." John 17:4 (KJV) AND Jesus had not even been to the cross yet when petitioning God: "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." John 17:5 (KJV)
That is why Paul could say this about the "Earthbound" Jesus:

". . . God was in Christ, [to the fullest possible, by the His use of these words "I AM" said to Pilate] reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)

He was transfigured on the Mt with 3 disciples looking that demonstrated the success of His mission.

I STRONGLY suggest you reread the whole of John 17 from the KJV and be encouraged even more so.

[emphasis mine]

OMT: I believe God has given you His Spirit. I recognize it and thank Him.. . :)

Last edited:

Elia

I have answered you many times. The answer again is, BECAUSE GOD THE FATHER CAME AS A MAN.

Bs"d

No He did not. He strongly warns us not to worship a man:

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

Elia

Bs"d

That is cannibalism.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

Jesus Christ is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Bs"d

The Tanach, for the Christians the OT, teaches very clearly that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H.

People who want to look that over in detail can look here: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/god-of-israel

So if anybody wants to say that Christ was God, or divine, than he has no choice than to say that Christ was Y-H-W-H, because there simply is no other God than Y-H-W-H.

But then you encounter the following problems:

If anybody says Christ is the same as Y-H-W-H then you are stuck with the fact that Y-H-W-H is his own son and at the same time his own father.

Then you are stuck with the fact that when Christ prays to his father, Y-H-W-H is praying to himself.

Luke 22:41-42: “and He knelt down and began to pray, saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

So here Y-H-W-H has a different will than himself???

Even in heaven Christ is subjected to the Father, according to Corinthians 15:28, Matthew 20:23, Fillipens 2:9, and others.

So Y-H-W-H is subjected to himself???

When Christ was hanging at the cross, he cried out: “My God, my God, why did you forsake me?” Matthew 27:46

So Y-H-W-H forsook himself???

Collossians 3:1; “set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.”
Y-H-W-H is sitting at his own right hand???

Y-H-W-H died at the cross, slaughtered by his own creatures?

If so, who resurrected him?

Remember there is only one God: Y-H-W-H who IS one.

By now it should be clear to everybody that it is IMPOSSIBLE that Christ was or is God.

And from that we learn that Christians who worship Christ are idol worshipers.

For more information why Christ was not God and not the messiah, look here: http://MountZion.notlong.com

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

beameup

Read it again, for the first time!

Take note as to when the "man-child" will be caught away? Take note who will be left to go through the tribulation as being "the "remnant" of her seed"?

All believers will be gone, you say? Here:

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." Matthew 24:21-22 (KJV)

Revelation deals with the Tribulation, and especially the Wrath of God on mankind.
Revelation also deals with Israel, -YHWH's elect. A remnant ("woman") of Israel will be sheltered from the Wrath of God.
There would be no need for Jesus to even return to earth... except to save the remnant from annihilation.

PS: there are several groups of "elect", including the Old Testament saints.

daqq

Bs"d

That is cannibalism.

Only to you and carnal Christianity.

The one who descended from the heavens is the Dove, (Shiloh, related to the slav or quail).
The blood in that sense is the "pure blood of the grape" just as he says he is the true Vine.
It is all allegories, parables, idioms, and sayings, like manna from the heavens. :)

Cross Reference

Revelation deals with the Tribulation, and especially the Wrath of God on mankind.
Revelation also deals with Israel, -YHWH's elect. A remnant ("woman") of Israel will be sheltered from the Wrath of God.
There would be no need for Jesus to even return to earth... except to save the remnant from annihilation.

PS: there are several groups of "elect", including the Old Testament saints.

<Oh, my. How sad a commentary:(>

marhig

I am NOT a Jesus only Christian. However, my quest on this forum has been to make clear the result of what the perfect human intimacy that Jesus had with God achieved for mankind. So perfect was it that he included Himself [John 17:3] and didn't consider it to be easy to understand how the result could be such that for it to be more intimate he would have to be glorified. Jesus exampled this union and demonstrated it from His human "earthbound" flesh until He exhausted every "jot and tittle" example of the glory of God without Himself being glorified. "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." John 17:4 (KJV) AND Jesus had not even been to the cross yet when petitioning God: "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." John 17:5 (KJV)
That is why Paul could say this about the "Earthbound" Jesus:

". . . God was in Christ, [to the fullest possible, by the His use of these words "I AM" said to Pilate] reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)

He was transfigured on the Mt with 3 disciples looking that demonstrated the success of His mission.

I STRONGLY suggest you reread the whole of John 17 from the KJV and be encouraged even more so.

[emphasis mine]

OMT: I believe God has given you His Spirit. I recognize it and thank Him.. . :)
I'm not sure why you don't think I would agree with that, but I agree with your whole post :)

I've been saying that all along, but you've worded it better. I have said that Jesus was called Immanuel"God with us" because he had the absolute fullness of Gods holy spirit dwelling in him. He was his express image.

But my point is, Jesus isn't the Almighty God. He is in subjection to God, and God is his God. But he was absolutely the image of God on earth. I will read John 17 again in a bit to try and see why you think I believe differently to you. But I agree with your whole post

beameup

<Oh, my. How sad a commentary:(>

It's pretty standard evangelical Christianity. Any good solid Biblical church that follows dispensationalism would agree. Those that try to "force" Revelation to apply to the Body of
Christ are in error. Revelation centers on the Great Tribulation and punishing man for
believing in the False Gospel of the Antichrist. If you believe in a False Gospel then
you are under the Wrath of God.