Jesus is God.

marhig

There is nowhere in Holy Writ where we are told to 'fight Satan' for Jesus the Christ DEFEATED Satan on the Cross of Calvary already.

We are told to "Fight the good fight of faith" though.

Satan entered into Judas, he entered into Peter and Satan filled Ananias' heart and he fills ours too if we let him.

Once we give into our lusts and turn to sin, Satan has enters in. That's what we must deny, the sins of our own heart and temptation

What about this parable?

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.*And when he cometh, he findeth*it*swept and garnished.*Then goeth he, and taketh*to him*seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last*state*of that man is worse than the first.

The above parable shows you what happens if we aren't furnished with the holy spirit, notice the man was garnished, he looked right on the outside but empty within so the devil's had control of him, Satan took him down deeper with more devil's because he was void of the holy spirit, Satan tempts all of us, but if we have the holy spirit in our heart, we should be denying ourselves and walking away from sin and the spirit will be helping us to overcome.

I honestly never knew until today that there are people who believe in God, who don't know that we have to deny Satan who causes us to sin

What do you think Jesus meant when he said deny yourself? What do we have to deny?

lifeisgood

Is the assurance of your salvation the extent of what you go after when you read your Bible?

I do not read my Bible to get assurance of my salvation. I read my Bible because I am already assured of my salvation. My salvation was given to me the day I heard Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary as the only God's prescribed order of victory.

God's Truth

So, keep on REJECTING the victory of Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary and keep on presenting your fighting VIOLENTLY, THE FORCEFUL will to come into the kingdom of heaven.

God did NOT nail Jesus' words to the cross!

You DISobedint servant.
How, would, you, ever, get that obeying Jesus is disobedient?

Woe to you

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
No.

You SUBMIT to God. Step #1.

No, you’re not SUBMITTING to God, which is step #1. You always off step #1.
Jesus says that he obeyed God and REMAIN IN GOD's love, and that we to are to obey to remain in Jesus' love. Jesus is God. Jesus is love. Our obedience is how we eat Jesus and have His love.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

“Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” (1 Timothy 6:12).

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (II Timothy 4:7).

Nothing about me fighting with Satan or obeying God.

Someday you will get it. I know you will.

Are you kidding? Paul beat his body to make it a slave, so that he would not be disqualified for eternal life as he preached it to others.

Submit to God simply means submit to God. That is step #1. You’re always off step #1.

Submit to God in OBEDIENCE.

How do you EVER get that submit means do not obey?

marhig

Jesus was tempted in the desert and not all the time. How could you ever get that Jesus was tempted all the time?

Jesus was not tempted when Peter said that. Where do you ever get that Jesus was tempted by what Peter said? Peter speaking out of ignorance does not make it so that Jesus was tempted.

God really came in the flesh he did not pretend to come in the flesh.

You are contradicting yourself. Jesus was tempted ONLY IN THE DESERT so that he knows what we go through, but that does NOT mean he kept being tempted after the time in the desert.

How many times are you tempted by the SAME THING AFTER CONQUERING IT? If you have conquered it ?

JESUS’ WILL WAS GOD’s WILL! You are losing focus of what is being said. Jesus is confirming that he is God in the flesh.
I can hardly believe that you have missed it.

The will of the flesh is to not ever suffer, and die, but in our flesh there will be some suffering, and it will die, but that does not mean we are being tempted to sin. You are confusing sin with all things of the flesh.

I'm afraid your way out, if Jesus was tempted in all points as we are, that means Satan tempted him after he left the wilderness. It says in the Bible that he became like his brethren. If that's the case then he was tempted like his brethren too. It says that he was in the likeness of sinful flesh! How can be made like his brethren and not be tempted more than just in the wilderness? That wouldn't be right, Jesus had to go through life, just as we do and he denied Satan in ever single way and taught us to do the same and turn from sinning. If he had a will, that means he had a flesh like nature too. He had to, to overcome. The difference between us and Jesus is he didn't sin!

marhig

That you cannot do anything by your own power, your education, your machinations, your money, your abilities, etc.
I couldn't care less about the things of the world, and your right, I can't do anything about my flesh without God, I'm a disgrace, I know me and I'd be a totally different person without God, without the spirit in my heart I'd be dead in my sins. It's only though Christ and by the spirit that I'm dying daily and I'm alive in God. Christ is helping me overcome!

God's Truth

I'm afraid your way out, if Jesus was tempted in all points as we are, that means Satan tempted him after he left the wilderness.
You are now adding to the scriptures which SAY Satan tempted Jesus IN THE DESERT.

It says in the Bible that he became like his brethren. If that's the case then he was tempted like his brethren too.

In the DESERT he was tempted and did not subcomb.

You do not have to answer to me, but think for yourself, ARE YOU STILL TEMPTED TO DO THE EVIL THAT THIS WORLD DOES? Are you tempted to commit adultery and have many partners? Are you tempted to steal? ETC.

If you have truly overcome sin then you cannot be tempted by it anymore If you do fall into sin after you are saved, you can still be forgiven, but JESUS NEVER SINNED and HE was not constantly being tempted to do evil as you claim he was.

It says that he was in the likeness of sinful flesh! How can be made like his brethren and not be tempted more than just in the wilderness? That wouldn't be right, Jesus had to go through life, just as we do and he denied Satan in ever single way and taught us to do the same and turn from sinning. If he had a will, that means he had a flesh like nature too. He had to, to overcome. The difference between us and Jesus is he didn't sin!

Jesus' will WAS to do His Father's will. That is Jesus telling us he is God in the flesh.

lifeisgood

What about this parable?

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.*And when he cometh, he findeth*it*swept and garnished.*Then goeth he, and taketh*to him*seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last*state*of that man is worse than the first.

The above parable shows you what happens if we aren't furnished with the holy spirit, notice the man was garnished, he looked right on the outside but empty within so the devil's had control of him, Satan took him down deeper with more devil's because he was void of the holy spirit, Satan tempts all of us, but if we have the holy spirit in our heart, we should be denying ourselves and walking away from sin and the spirit will be helping us to overcome.

If you do NOT keep yourself anchored on Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary there is no way you can deny Satan whatever it is he wants to do against you.

However, if you DO KEEP yourself anchored on Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, which is the only God's prescribed order of victory, there is no way you CANNOT NOT deny Satan whatever it is he wants to do against you.

If a person is found in Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, Satan has NO power over the child of God.

marhig

You couldn’t deny Satan on your own power if your life depended on it.
Too right I can't, but I can easily obey my flesh and fall i have to pay to God always to strengthen me, Jesus said to Peter that Satan wanted to sift him as wheat, but he's prayed to the father for him. Satan wants to do that to us too and would without God and Christ. I know that I have to deny Satan. I know he tempts me always. And God is saving me, as long as I obey him deny myself and listen to my conscience

God's Truth

I couldn't care less about the things of the world, and your right, I can't do anything about my flesh without God, I'm a disgrace, I know me and I'd be a totally different person without God, without the spirit in my heart I'd be dead in my sins. It's only though Christ and by the spirit that I'm dying daily and I'm alive in God. Christ is helping me overcome!

Have you overcame anything?!

marhig

If you do NOT keep yourself anchored on Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary there is no way you can deny Satan whatever it is he wants to do against you.

However, if you DO KEEP yourself anchored on Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, which is the only God's prescribed order of victory, there is no way you CANNOT NOT deny Satan whatever it is he wants to do against you.

If a person is found in Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, Satan has NO power over the child of God.

I'm afraid your wrong, it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible to keep yourself anchored in Jesus Christ and his finished work on Calvary's cross... No where. It says we have have faith in Jesus and God and obey him and turn from sin.

lifeisgood

You are doing it in your own power, for you do not believe Jesus the Christ is God manifest in the flesh. You deny Jesus' Deity; therefore, you are following "another gospel", "another Jesus", inspired by "another spirit", presenting the work of your own hands which have already been rejected.

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

God's Truth

Too right I can't, but I can easily obey my flesh and fall

You can "easily obey" your flesh?!

We are to OFFER OUR BODIES AS LIVING SACRIFICES.

i have to pay to God always to strengthen me, Jesus said to Peter that Satan wanted to sift him as wheat, but he's prayed to the father for him.

Peter failed and had to be reinstated.

Satan wants to do that to us too and would without God and Christ. I know that I have to deny Satan. I know he tempts me always. And God is saving me, as long as I obey him deny myself and listen to my conscience

Satan is tempting you ALWAYS?! God says Satan WILL FLEE from you IF YOU OBEY

lifeisgood

I'm afraid your wrong, it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible to keep yourself anchored in Jesus Christ and his finished work on Calvary's cross... No where. It says we have have faith in Jesus and God and obey him and turn from sin.

Then you believe in ANOTHER way of salvation.

God only has ONE way of Salvation and that way is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

You do not believe Jesus the Christ is God manifest in the flesh.

You deny Jesus' Deity; therefore, you are following "another gospel", "another Jesus", inspired by "another spirit", presenting the work of your own hands which have already been rejected.

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

marhig

You are doing it in your own power, for you do not believe Jesus the Christ is God manifest in the flesh. You deny Jesus' Deity; therefore, you are following "another gospel", "another Jesus", inspired by "another spirit", presenting the work of your own hands which have already been rejected.

Well that's where your wrong, because I know God is with me, because he's changed my heart completely. I'm a totally different person since I've found the living God. And I'm so grateful to Jesus Christ and God my father for pulling me out of the pit. I've already told you, it's nothing that I'm doing, I'm a filthy rag. It's God that has changed my heart

Be careful who you judge as damned, you don't know the hearts of others.

God's Truth

EVERY SINGLE THING Jesus said IS THE WORDS of God and ARE LIFE.

How do you ever get that believe is the only word to obey?

You are badly mistaken.