Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Cruciform

They ban me when I show the errors in the Bible, they say it's blasphemy.
They wouldn't ban you for showing supposed "errors" in the Catholic Bible, since, as Protestants, they don't accept it as God's word anyway. So go ahead and post your proof. For example...?

genuineoriginal

Well, among some of the Jews that may have been the case, they developed a nationalistic ego trip which is reflected in their books about themselves. To them you were a Gentile dog! The prophets (which were often treated badly by the Zionist types) spoke more Liberally. But not so with the religion of Jesus, ALL men and women on earth are the children of God.

Matthew 15:21-26
21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.​

Jesus did not come for the Gentiles before the crucifixion, though He did aid a few Gentiles that were in the land of Israel.

The change in the Gospel to include the Gentiles happened 3-1/2 years after the crucifixion when the time allotted to the children of Israel ran out.

God's Truth

Jesus died and his spirit returned to the Father who gave it the same as any other human. Jesus would still be dead today if the Father had not resurrected him per their agreement.

Jesus' Savior is my Savior.

Is Jesus your Savior?

Jesus is the Savior.

Titus 2:13 King James Bible
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

oatmeal

No, we aren't the Son of God, preexisting in heaven as eternal spiritual personalities. Jesus had that power, it was self existent within him already as God incarnate.

"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18"No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."​

Besides, if Jesus didn't mean what he said, he could have easily said it the way you guys want him to say it and it would have still been a profound, miraculous statement.

he would have said....."tear down this temple and in three days my Father will raise it up."

He received the commandment from his Father. When we receive commandments from God, God knows we are capable of carrying out those commandments, for He has enabled us.

There are over 20 scriptures that indicate that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Not that God raised himself from the dead, nor that Jesus raised himself from the dead.

Jesus Christ willingly let himself be tortured and crucified, because he believed and obeyed God to do so.

He did not torture and crucify himself.

Likewise, Jesus, by willfully submitting to God to pay the price for our sins, believed that God would raise him up.

He willfully submitted to God.

If Jesus statement is literally true about him raising himself from the dead and if that makes him God,

then "the dead in Christ shall rise first" we then must likewise be God

Do you really want to go there?

oatmeal

You're confusing lord and LORD. They have different meanings.

I am sorry, I didn't tell you that the word lord used for God and Jesus Christ and Abraham is the same Greek word?

No, wonder you are so confused.

When you see all the uses of kurios, lord, then you will see

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus died and his spirit returned to the Father who gave it the same as any other human. Jesus would still be dead today if the Father had not resurrected him per their agreement.

Jesus' Savior is my Savior.

That's fine to believe as you do, but Jesus said he would resurrect himself after three days. He did just that.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Matthew 15:21-26
21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.​

Jesus did not come for the Gentiles before the crucifixion, though He did aid a few Gentiles that were in the land of Israel.

The change in the Gospel to include the Gentiles happened 3-1/2 years after the crucifixion when the time allotted to the children of Israel ran out.

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's fine to believe as you do, but Jesus said he would resurrect himself after three days. He did just that.

Are you suggesting that Jesus was conscious the whole time he was in the tomb?

What do you suppose was the reason Paul said that God resurrected Jesus?

keypurr

I have provided facts but you are being intellectually dishonest.

* Jesus said he had the power to lay his life down and to take it up again.

* Jesus point blanks tells the Jews to kill him (tear down this temple, his body) and he will raise it up again. He does resurrect from the dead and would later ask the apostles why they seem surprised.​

You finally concede Jesus said he would (but you say could) raise himself from the dead to prove his authority to teach as he did, he does in fact resurrect from the dead, but you claim the technicality that Jesus didn't actually redress his statement again. That's just pig headed self deception based on human pride, nothing less!

People wonder how the Jews could still be so blind, you are a good example of that.

I knew what he said, but he did not do it.

Show me where Jesus raised himself if you can.
If he raised himself who in their right mind would think he died? I would not be a believer if he was able to do that. You just do not think things out.

tomlapalm

Jesus was the Son of God, He is also God, the Son. He is also just God. We can't clearly see Jesus as God without seeing Jesus the man. If we need to see Jesus as God we need to look before the body was on earth.

God is Jesus, is more clearly shown in this verse

Zec 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

We can also look unto the time when salvation and thus the savior of man will be finished in Rev

Rev 22:5
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

One source of Light.

Rev 22:1
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

One Throne.

One God

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

What is the word for me in the Hebrew?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Are you suggesting that Jesus was conscious the whole time he was in the tomb?

What do you suppose was the reason Paul said that God resurrected Jesus?

We don't know where the Son was during the time of the tomb, perhaps out conducting universe business?

I assume that Paul assumes that you are families with the story, of what Jesus already said about raising himself from the dead. Considering that Jesus is God Paul would be right.

Another example would be where Paul talks about the "translation of Enoch, but then groups him in with "these all died." He takes for granted that the reader is being honest.

Hebrews 11

5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
=
=
=

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth.

The author assumes you just read that Enoch was translated, that he didn't die. But then god says these all died.

In your technique you are picking the second characterization but ignoring the first.

oatmeal

Jesus was the Son of God, He is also God, the Son. He is also just God. We can't clearly see Jesus as God without seeing Jesus the man. If we need to see Jesus as God we need to look before the body was on earth.

God is Jesus, is more clearly shown in this verse

We can also look unto the time when salvation and thus the savior of man will be finished in Rev

Rev 22:5
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

One source of Light.

Rev 22:1
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

One Throne.

One God

God the Son?

Where in scripture is Jesus ever called "God the Son"?

answer: nowhere

Why is Jesus called the son of God about 50 times in scripture, but not once is he called God the Son?

Because Jesus is not God the Son

Jesus is the son of God

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I knew what he said, but he did not do it.

Show me where Jesus raised himself if you can.
If he raised himself who in their right mind would think he died? I would not be a believer if he was able to do that. You just do not think things out.

The apostles were just as surprised as you are. They didn't seem to believe it either, they saw him die. It wasn't until hind site that they recalled what he had said to the Jews when they pressed him on his authority, asking him for a "sign".

Who in there right mind could believe the miracles either?

glorydaz

God the Son?

Where in scripture is Jesus ever called "God the Son"?

answer: nowhere

Why is Jesus called the son of God about 50 times in scripture, but not once is he called God the Son?

Because Jesus is not God the Son

Jesus is the son of God

It's still a mystery to you, is it? :nono:

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You need to remember that according to scripture the majority is always wrong. The many.
Its the few who are always right. The few. The majority is the wolf.

Matt 7:13-15
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
(NKJ)