Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Originally Posted by Pierac
"Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee by the way ... Take ye heed of him, and hearken unto his voice; provoke him not (be not rebellious against him): for he will not pardon your transgression; for my name is in him" "But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries. "For My angel will go before you… (Exodus 23:20-23).

In this passage the angel was to be for Israel in the place of God; he was to speak God's words, and judge them. In fact the angel expressed God's name; he was God for them. Now if this was true of an angel of the Lord, how much more of the Son of God himself? Hence these sayings:

Agency is fine.

However, Christ has been God's agent from the beginning.

The angel that went before them was Christ.

Christ, who indeed came later in the flesh, was there to drink from all along.

1 Corinthians 10:4 KJV
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them : and that Rock was Christ.

Christ was not literally trailing along behind them, but was leading the way.

keypurr

Agency is fine.

However, Christ has been God's agent from the beginning.

The angel that went before them was Christ.

Christ, who indeed came later in the flesh, was there to drink from all along.

1 Corinthians 10:4 KJV

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them : and that Rock was Christ.

Christ was not literally trailing along behind them, but was leading the way.

Your post is worth the time to ponder over but Christ was so much more than an Angel.

Posted from the TOL App!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes I do, but each page was not recorded the day it happened. So the verse in question is written as a past event. Jesus became the Christ at his baptism. He was anointed with Christ.

Posted from the TOL App!

Still ignores Luke 2:11

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your post is worth the time to ponder over but Christ was so much more than an Angel.

Posted from the TOL App!

Christ is not an angel.

Hebrews 1:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says,

“And let all the angels of God worship Him.”

JosephR

Yes of course I see John 1 , but do you have any comments on the scripture I asked about?

I think you read John 1 like this. IN the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God,and Jesus was God.

So do you think Jesus is God having a human experience and not The Messiah He said He was?

Am I right BR , is this how you read John 1?

genuineoriginal

I believe that Jesus is the second person of the Trinity.
Do you think it would make any real difference if God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit existed without being part of the trinity?

I believe he is God the Son.

I find it difficult to support such a belief since the Bible is very clear that Jesus is the Son of God but has no clear statement that there is even such a thing as God the Son.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think it would make any real difference if God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit existed without being part of the trinity?

I find it difficult to support such a belief since the Bible is very clear that Jesus is the Son of God but has no clear statement that there is even such a thing as God the Son.

Yes, without one of the Trinity God can't exist. The text of the scriptures would be a lie.

keypurr

Christ is not an angel.

Hebrews 1:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says,

“And let all the angels of God worship Him.”

God created everything through Christ, that would include angels.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

How does no Holy Spirit change the Scriptures?

I do not believe that I said no Holy Spirit. I just speak of the trinity in itself. There is no need for a trinity in scriptures. God the Father can stand alone, thats what he was doing before the creation. The son came later as he is an express image of the Father. A spirit.

Posted from the TOL App!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not believe that I said no Holy Spirit. I just speak of the trinity in itself. There is no need for a trinity in scriptures. God the Father can stand alone, thats what he was doing before the creation. The son came later as he is an express image of the Father. A spirit.

Posted from the TOL App!

Then what is the use of the Son and the Spirit, the second and the third persons?

genuineoriginal

Yes, without one of the Trinity God can't exist.
Why not?
God is the self-existing God.

Isaiah 43:10
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.​

The text of the scriptures would be a lie.
I think you are confusing the extra-Biblical doctrine of the Trinity with the scriptures.
The text of the scriptures do not state that there is a Trinity.

The scriptures state that God existed before anything was created.
The scriptures state that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

Not one word of the scriptures would be false if there was no Trinity, but many hundreds of verses have become confusing if there is a Trinity.