Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

glorydaz

The Father is God, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Did you notice this verse that says the Holy Spirit is God....not the Father?

Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

glorydaz

You will never admit to being wrong to accuse another of false witness, even in the face of clear evidence. Immature.

Your complaint to Rosenritter about his avatar included whining about Anime. Oddly, your "defending yourself" amounted to using the same tactics that were being used against you. Immature again.

How proud you must be of all your Avatar represents (not the armor of God): https://alchetron.com/Heironeous-2942423-W

Sigh.

AMR

Kingdom Rose thinks my avatar is promiscuous.:rain:

God's Truth

Did you notice this verse that says the Holy Spirit is God....not the Father?

Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

That scripture says one God and Father, and it says who is through all the saved. That proves the Spirit is God the Father.

glorydaz

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

That scripture says one God and Father, and it says who is through all the saved. That proves the Spirit is God the Father.

Rather some see this as proof of the Trinity. Thanks for reminding me. :)

ONE GOD

Over all as Father of all spirits. Heb. 12:9KJV

Through all as the Son. Galatians 3:14KJV

In all as the indwelling Spirit 1 Corinthians 3:16KJV

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kingdom Rose thinks my avatar is promiscuous.:rain:
Heh!

Female Prayer Warrior avatar is promiscuous? I wish prayer warriors were more indiscriminate. Certainly is an improvement upon a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy diety that has been used since the 1980s being held up as a representation of the truth of God. :AMR:

AMR

God's Truth

Rather some see this as proof of the Trinity. Thanks for reminding me. :)

ONE GOD

Over all as Father of all spirits. Heb. 12:9KJV

Through all as the Son. Galatians 3:14KJV

In all as the indwelling Spirit 1 Corinthians 3:16KJV

Shows one Spirit.

The Father is Spirit.

The Son is Spirit.

Must be the same one.

glorydaz

So you're going to ignore the IN ALL part? It's the Spirit that is IN ALL believers. Why not try reading what I wrote again, and try to consider it instead of just donkeying down?

God's Truth

So you're going to ignore the IN ALL part? It's the Spirit that is IN ALL believers. Why not try reading what I wrote again, and try to consider it instead of just donkeying down?

I just don't see it as different Spirits; or should I say I don't see it as two different Persons and a Spirit?

I wish there was a way that I could convince you. I wish there was a way you could ask God if it were true or not.

God's Truth

There is ONE Spirit....the Holy Spirit.

There is ONE God....and the fullness of God is comprised of Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Just to clarify: You say the Father is a Person, and Jesus is a Person, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit. Right?

How can the Father and Jesus be Person's and not Spirits?

glorydaz

Just to clarify: You say the Father is a Person, and Jesus is a Person, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit. Right?

How can the Father and Jesus be Person's and not Spirits?

Well, let's face it, person is not the perfect word since it usually refers to human beings.

The way I see it is God is spirit (invisible). That means that the entire Godhead is spirit (invisible) until the Word (God) became flesh and dwelt among us. So, God is spirit (invisible) but that is not the same as the 3rd person of the Godhead who is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a distinct person in the Godhead. He can be lied to, grieved, etc. Sometimes I think it's easier to call Him the Comforter or Holy Ghost so he is not confused with other spirits (which simply means invisible beings).

glorydaz

Glory,

Tell me, do you think the Holy Spirit has a voice?

A "still small voice" would be my answer. He speaks to our spirit and interprets for us with "groanings".

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.​

Clearly the Holy Spirit prompts us, leads us...even nudges, and He does that by bringing things to our remembrance from the Scripture. Paul was kept from going to Asia by the Holy Spirit. It doesn't tell us specifically how He did that, but Paul knew.

Acts 16:6
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,​

Personally, I wait on the Lord until I have peace, and then I know it's alright to go on. Or I'll read a particular verse, and seemingly out of nowhere, it comes alive and relates to my particular situation...an answer to prayer, for instance.

In short, Yes. :)

God's Truth

Well, let's face it, person is not the perfect word since it usually refers to human beings.

The way I see it is God is spirit (invisible). That means that the entire Godhead is spirit (invisible) until the Word (God) became flesh and dwelt among us. So, God is spirit (invisible) but that is not the same as the 3rd person of the Godhead who is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a distinct person in the Godhead. He can be lied to, grieved, etc. Sometimes I think it's easier to call Him the Comforter or Holy Ghost so he is not confused with other spirits (which simply means invisible beings).

Okay, I think I understand better. It is like the Father and Son are supernatural Persons, but not themselves a Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is their Spirit.

God's Truth

A "still small voice" would be my answer. He speaks to our spirit and interprets for us with "groanings".

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.​

Clearly the Holy Spirit prompts us, leads us...even nudges, and He does that by bringing things to our remembrance from the Scripture. Paul was kept from going to Asia by the Holy Spirit. It doesn't tell us specifically how He did that, but Paul knew.

Acts 16:6
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,​

Personally, I wait on the Lord until I have peace, and then I know it's alright to go on. Or I'll read a particular verse, and seemingly out of nowhere, it comes alive and relates to my particular situation...an answer to prayer, for instance.

In short, Yes. :)

Thanks for the explanation. I would agree about that.

But, do you think that the Holy Spirit has ever had or has an audible voice?

Do you think that Jesus, or the Holy Spirit ever talks to people in an audible voice, nowadays?

glorydaz

Okay, I think I understand better. It is like the Father and Son are supernatural Persons, but not themselves a Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is their Spirit.

Yeah, it's complicated, isn't it? I always think 1st person (Father), 2nd person (Son), and 3rd person (Holy Spirit) in the one Godhead makes it easier to keep track of. Each in the other...always together. That's why we see the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are said to be dwelling in us through the 3rd person of the Holy Spirit. I'm sure glad we're a simplified version of God. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Thanks for the explanation. I would agree about that.

But, do you think that the Holy Spirit has ever had or has an audible voice?

Do you think that Jesus, or the Holy Spirit ever talks to people in an audible voice, nowadays?

No, I don't think so. God communicates with us through our spirit.....His Spirit to our spirit...no vocal chords required.

God's Truth

Yeah, it's complicated, isn't it? I always think 1st person (Father), 2nd person (Son), and 3rd person (Holy Spirit) in the one Godhead makes it easier to keep track of. Each in the other...always together. That's why we see the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are said to be dwelling in us through the 3rd person of the Holy Spirit. I'm sure glad we're a simplified version of God. :chuckle:

I wonder if you had never ever heard of the trinity doctrine, what would you say to describe it.

glorydaz

So those who say that Jesus spoke to them are nuts?

Not necessarily. I can say something inside my own head, and it sounds like it's coming through my ears.

I can be sitting right here in the living room, and think I heard someone say something, but when I ask what, they look at me like I'm crazy.

I just let others worry about what they hear....I have enough troubles of my own. :chuckle: