Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've added many insightful posts on the subject and related issues in this thread and in the other 'Jesus is God' thread by Beloved57 here. Perhaps you should go back thru the threads and follow along if that's not too intellectually exhausting for you.

pj

Well, I would if it weren't for the fact, that you're a full fledged
cultist and I'm a Christian Brother. You believe in alien beings
(like the Scientologists) who came to earth and used a human conduit to
speak through and write a book entitled: The Urantia Book." I just
can't get past that for some unknown reason? I'd rather place my
faith in Christ and the Bible. But hey, it's a free country and you can
believe in anything you want.

keypurr

Well, I would if it weren't for the fact, that you're a full fledged
cultist and I'm a Christian Brother. You believe in alien beings
(like the Scientologists) who came to earth and used a human conduit to
speak through and write a book entitled: The Urantia Book." I just
can't get past that for some unknown reason? I'd rather place my
faith in Christ and the Bible. But hey, it's a free country and you can
believe in anything you want.

You don't act like a brother.

Oh wait, I got four of them and you do, sorry.

God's Truth

You don't act like a brother.

Oh wait, I got four of them and you do, sorry.

Ha ha ha ha Same here and same to you!

I have four brothers who do not act as brothers, and you have treated me the same way they have treated me.

Shame on you for acknowledging how a brother should not act, but doing exactly as them!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
AN APPROPRIATE METAPHOR:God presents us with an infinite orchard of cherries, which we call "reality." Since we are finite humans, we cannot expect to harvest the entire crop.

The results of my own cherry-picking:

Jesus of Nazareth did not refer to himself as the Messiah, nor did he claim to be a divine being who came to earth as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.
In fact, the first instance of the "died for our sins" theology did not make an appearance until around the year 900 in the writings of Christian theologian Anselm of Canterbury.

In the last 10 years or so, I have become persuaded that Jesus did not hold an apocalyptic view of the reign (or kingdom) of God. In other words, he did not hold that that God was about to bring history to an end and bring a new, perfect order of life into being. Even if we are to take the statements of a coming apocalypse literally (which I do not; I see them as creations placed into Jesus' mouth) he was totally wrong.

Jesus "did not teach as the Scribes." He did not use propositional theology or dogma. He spoke in parables, teaching the reign of God is a vision of what life in this world could be, not a vision of life in a future world that would soon be brought into being by a miraculous act of God.

At the heart of Jesus parabolic teaching and actions was a vision of a life under the reign of God (or, in the empire of God). He believed in a God of mercy, not sacrifice. He communicated to his followers a reality in which God’s generosity and goodness is regarded as the model and measure of human life.

It's easy to condemn me as disruptive and blasphemous, but be forewarned that any mockery or name-calling will be seen for what it is. I crave criticism using information from the Bible and other ancient sources. This is the only way I can learn new information and I am always on the lookout for others' opinions and positions that totally undercut and dislocate my own strongly-held beliefs and thinking. I just ask that--if you are able--to respond both respectfully and mature.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And that condemnation is necessary but we will not hear it from anyone else but the Master of the House when he comes, and therefore Messiah says, "I am the Resurrection and the Life: he that is faithfully-trusting into me, though he shall die, yet shall he Live", and only after that death he then says, "And whosoever Lives and is faithfully-trusting into me shall absolutely never die!"

I used to fancy myself almost as if a minor prophet but I was a pseudo-prophet drunkard getting drunk with the drunkards. And it comes to pass in a certain day that the names of the idols need to be cut off out of the land, (for every man has his own land which he is put in charge over while the House Master is away) that the idols of the man in his land should be remembered no more, and the prophet and the unclean spirit needs to be caused to pass away out of the land. The same day comes to pass upon every true son, so that when any shall yet prophesy, then his Father and his mother covenant that begat him shall say to him, "You shall not live: for you speak lies in the Name of YHWH." And his Father and his mother covenant that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesies. And it comes to pass in that day, that every so-called prophet shall be ashamed; every one of his vision which he has prophesied, (and he with his land shall weep and mourn like the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart, and like the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart) neither shall they anymore wear a rough garment to deceive. For thus has YHWH said, "Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, says YHWH Tsabaoth: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered; and I will turn My hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, says YHWH, two parts therein shall be cut off and breathe out his last; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My Name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people! and they shall say, YHWH is my Elohim!"

Yes, and Peter and Paul both affirm this in their preaching of the gospel.

1 Peter 5:10 KJV

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while , make you perfect , stablish , strengthen , settle you.

1 Peter 5:9 KJV

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1 Corinthians 3:15 KJV

15 If any man's work shall be burned , he shall suffer loss : but he himself shall be saved ; yet so as by fire.

No more a prophet am I . . .
But a tiller of the soil am I . . .
For the Son of man purchased me from my youth! :)

1 Corinthians 9:10 KJV

10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written : that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

j4jesus09

Jesus is God

and our God and Savior.

I won't disagree with you're understanding, I just wish the bible would have declared it as plainly as you did. Jesus is God, is verse that is not plainly ever stated. God said he was God plainly in the Old test over a billion times. Plain. I still have learning to do for the correct interpretation I guess.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God the Father delegates creative powers an authority to his Sons. In my theology there are more than 700,000 creator Sons across a vast universe containing more that 7,000,000,000,000 inhabited worlds.

Jesus, aka "Christ Michael" is the Father of our world, one of 10,000,000 inhabited worlds he created.

To have seen Jesus was to have seen the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God the Father delegates creative powers an authority to his Sons. In my theology there are more than 700,000 creator Sons across a vast universe containing more that 7,000,000,000,000 inhabited worlds.

Jesus, aka "Christ Michael" is the Father of our world, one of 10,000,000 inhabited worlds he created.

:darwinsm: Now at least my God has given me "power, and love, and self-control." Not a Spirit of Stupidity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Sounds like Scientology ridiculousness to me. However, Urantian
stupidity and Scientology share an amazing ability to sound
stupid/moronic and absurd. What a duo. The dynamic Knuckleheads!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:darwinsm: Now at least my God has given me "power, and love, and self-control." Not a Spirit of Stupidity.

"All power and authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd."