JESUS IS A MAN EXACTLY LIKE HIS BRETHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanJ

Should I believe you - or should I believe the author of Hebrews -
2:17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.?

Yes, he was made LIKE then, not ONE of them. Just another example of how your ilk DON'T read scripture with an eye towards the truth of it, but in a very eisegetical manner, and ignore ALL other scriptures that confirm Jesus' deity.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
First of all, Jesus IS God in the flesh. Christ took care of the sin question about 2,000 years ago. He paid the price for ALL of
mankind's sins. (past, present, and future sins) However, only those who hear the Message will be saved.(Romans 10:17 states: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God ")

(Ephesians 2:8 states: "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:")

Once one has placed their faith in Christ as their Savior, the Holy Spirit, seals them, indwells them, and baptizes them into the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:13 states: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."
"God in the flesh" is a faith statement. It has nothing whatsoever to do with what a camcorder might pick up if it could take a glimpse into the historical past.

Caesar Augustus was also declared to be "God in the flesh." And carved into the stone architecture and stamped on the coins were other titles that literally said "God," "Son of God," "Lord" and even "Savior of the World."

I value intellectual honesty, even though I often have trouble living up to the task. But clearly "Caesar is God" and "Jesus is God" are not literal truths but rival claims. And historical methodology tells us that we are to take both sentences seriously.

The reason Jesus's Kingdom of God preaching was called that meant that Jesus was trying to indicate to his followers what the world would be like if God sat on the ruling throne instead of Caesar.

Today, as in the Roman Empire, the American Empire is also ruled by the powers and principalities that can be easily compared to Caesar's tyranny and violence.

Rome liked to flatter itself by calling its rule Pax Romana, "Roman Peace." And we too often tend to flatter ourselves by claiming our Founder's values are running the world.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Said the moron who rejects most of the Bible.

I don't think it is either true or helpful to denigrate believers by saying they reject the Bible. The truth is, these are simple and moral Americans who have been trained not to pay attention to Jesus's teachings as much as they are directed to focus on ancient theological phrases such as "Jesus AS" Son of God, Savior, born of a virgin, etc.

All of us are doing the best we can with the information and beliefs we have gathered along the way as we navigate through this "vale of tears." It's too easy to put down folks just because you think they "reject the Bible."

I see them as fellow Christians sitting next to me in the pews.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
His brethren did not think He was exactly like themselves...they worshipped Him

You will reply no doubt with a list of scripture which show He was a man....which nobody denies

There are scriptures which show He was God which you do deny
Not all of his followers worshiped him. The idea of bowing down to a person who was supposedly divine would have been a scandal to first-century Jews.

The worshiping came long after Jesus died and was probably given a major boost by the Catholic Church and its focus on statues and icons. Statures are usually made for military kings and gods of the Greek and Roman variety.

The iconography shows me the human confusion around the truths of belief and everyday life.

Jesus was pointing his finger at something and we ended up pointing to his pointing finger instead.

Aner

Not all of his followers worshiped him. The idea of bowing down to a person who was supposedly divine would have been a scandal to first-century Jews.

The worshiping came long after Jesus died and was probably given a major boost by the Catholic Church and its focus on statues and icons. Statures are usually made for military kings and gods of the Greek and Roman variety.

The iconography shows me the human confusion around the truths of belief and everyday life.

Jesus was pointing his finger at something and we ended up pointing to his pointing finger instead.

You will find a study on the word "worship" - the Greek word "proskunew" to be interesting - inc. the reference in Rev3:9 I think where Jesus has unbelievers worshipping the saints... So, yes, men CAN legitimately receive worship contrary to anti-Biblical pagans who think otherwise...:chuckle:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Your theology is obviously modalist - which is a heresy according to Stan and others.... I seem to see that you are dancing around this.

Your theology is Arianism.The Nicene Creed's central term, used to describe the relationship between the Father and the Son, is Homoousios ( ὁμοούσιος), "of the same substance" or "of one being".

Nobody, but nobody is both a pinko commie and a Christian. :loser:

keypurr

your call ? thanks, we never knew those verses existed. we understand that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. your call was to READ, not type. your phone is ringing, you have another call -

Colossians 1:19 KJV -

Ephesians 1:4-5 KJV and 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Colossians 1:20 KJV and 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

you are disgracing Our Lord AND Saviour Jesus Christ

Romans 3:13-15 KJV and 16, 17, 18

Patrick, Aner is bringing you a lot of truth.

Is it possible that you do not see his view because your misunderstanding the verses you quote?

Aner

Your theology is Arianism.The Nicene Creed's central term, used to describe the relationship between the Father and the Son, is Homoousios ( ὁμοούσιος), "of the same substance" or "of one being".

Nobody, but nobody is both a pinko commie and a Christian. :loser:

WRONG! Not Arian. No personal pre-incarnate entity related to Jesus.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You will find a study on the word "worship" - the Greek word "proskunew" to be interesting - inc. the reference in Rev3:9 I think where Jesus has unbelievers worshipping the saints... So, yes, men CAN legitimately receive worship contrary to anti-Biblical pagans who think otherwise...:chuckle:
I can look at the presidencies of George Bush and Barack Obama to see "the worship of men."

My point was in the historical context of Judaism in the time of Jesus.

The Jews did not worship men, unless they bowed down to the many military Kings and dictators that ruled their lives for centuries. And just like in Jesus's day, there were probably many "collaborated" who revered the divine right of their conquerors.

Aner

I can look at the presidencies of George Bush and Barack Obama to see "the worship of men."

My point was in the historical context of Judaism in the time of Jesus.

The Jews did not worship men, unless they bowed down to the many military Kings and dictators that ruled their lives for centuries. And just like in Jesus's day, there were probably many "collaborated" who revered the divine right of their conquerors.

Did you read Rev3:9? Get the significance??

oatmeal

Jesus is not a man, anymore. He is Spirit like His Father, now.

Who is IS the one mediator between God and men?

I Timothy 2:5 states "the man Christ Jesus"

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

It does not say , "the Spirit like His Father now" Christ Jesus.

He is now in his resurrected body which is far better than this vile body we have, but he is still a human. We will have a similar body at his return for the saints. Philippians 3:20-21, I Thessalonians 4:13-17

RBBI

Jhn 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Jhn 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Now WHO is talking about going somewhere they can't? Common sense. Is it the flesh man?

Even the dull of hearing Pharisees knew it was something about His spirit, because they thought He was going to kill himself so that His spirit would be released to go somewhere.

And WHAT are they supposed to believe or they shall die in their sins? Wasn't it Peter's confession, THAT FLESH AND BLOOD (including the flesh and blood of the man Yeshua) did not reveal to him, but rather that His Father who is Spirit did?

Thou are THE CHRIST, THE SON of the living God.

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

What did He tell Nicodemus? Who do you think was in heaven speaking? It wasn't the flesh and blood standing before Nicodemus. Do you understand who is being contrasted here? Moses, a natural man and the Christ Seed, a spiritual man. One spoke from the literal natural earthly kingdom, and One spoke/speaks from heaven.

YOU CAN'T SPEAK FROM A PLACE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN BEFORE. Peace

RBBI

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

He is now in his resurrected body which is far better than this vile body we have, but he is still a human. We will have a similar body at his return for the saints. Philippians 3:20-21, I Thessalonians 4:13-17

And why do you suppose it's worded CHRIST Jesus? There is flesh terrestrial and flesh celestial. He was a new creation man, the FIRSTBORN among many brethren, the only begotten of the Father, and the Seed of Abraham which is NOT NATURAL, because flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. The flesh profiteth nothing.

You can see Him in heaven now with a celestial flesh body, why is it
you can't see Him on earth with one?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

He was a man before He got crucified. It is not complicated to see.

He became Spirit after He resurrected. that's why His disciples did not recognize Him right away.

6days

....,formal teaching that Jesus is a man....
Yes.... He was. (But not just a man)
He was born of a virgin, so very different from you and I.
He was worshipped by angels, so very different from you and I.
He was worshipped by men, so very different from you and I.
He created everything, so very different from you and I.

Yes, Jesus was a man and,.....

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

begotten of the Father

Aner

Do you really believe Jesus is a man - or do you believe that he is an impersonal human nature actuated by a deity (the hypostatic union)?

Can you help by providing your input to the following two questions?
Do you believe that the Jesus conceived was a created human person - human center of consciousness - just like you and I??

Do you believe this Jesus that was conceived could fully independently function independent of any incarnated deity just like you and I?

Status
Not open for further replies.