Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jamie
Years ago I prayed that if Jesus loves you as a brother he would work with you.

The time has come to see if he does.

Christ is the spirit of the Father. Show me where he had it at his birth. And then tell me why he needed the Dove.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

:thumb: Ruach Elohim - Genesis 1:2, Matthew 3:16, Romans 8:9, (πνευμα θεου = πνευμα χριστου)

And in Gen 1:2 Ruach Elohim broods or flutters over the face of the waters, (like a Dove). :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You therefore do not understand what you are reading in that text because it speaks not of a Spirit as entity but rather speaks of the Testimony of Yeshua...

:rotfl: You are so funny. Will you be here all week?

Zeke

:thumb: Ruach Elohim - Genesis 1:2, Matthew 3:16, Romans 8:9, (πνευμα θεου = πνευμα χριστου)

And in Gen 1:2 Ruach Elohim broods or flutters over the face of the waters, (like a Dove). :)

Yet the light of life lights all who come into this world so the baptism would be a quickening or transcendent graduation from wrestling with the elements to wrestling with the Spirit that plays all parts in the theatrics of life. Jew Gentile Barbarian Male Female etc..all particulates of the same Divine imagination that precedes creation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ is the spirit of the Father. Show me where he had it at his birth.

What makes a person holy? Would it be the Spirit?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

Holy from birth. Your fictitious son would have added nothing to Jesus who was holy from birth to be the Savior of humanity.

daqq

That is actually what rachaph means.
Is it my fault your favorite translators do not tell you what it says?
You only laugh and ridicule truth because it sounds so foreign to your ears.

Genesis 1:2 YLT (Young's Literal Bible Translation)
2 the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness is on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God
fluttering on the face of the waters,

H7363 רָחַף rachaph (raw-chaf') v.
1. to brood.
2. (by implication) to be relaxed.
[a primitive root]
KJV: flutter, move, shake.

"Yerushalem, Yerushalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her: how often I would have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you would not, (and yet), Wisdom is justified by all her children!"--

Tisk, tisk, Wisdom is surely only a laughingstock to the dead and dying . . . :shut:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And then tell me why he needed the Dove.

The English term "Christ" is from the Greek christos meaning anointed.

The Spirit appeared as a dove to anoint Jesus as the Anointed One by contact, a symbolic laying on of hands

Jerry Shugart

The dove is not equal to the sky as it descends because it descends within the confines of its own body with the backdrop of the heavens or sky around it. Likewise the sky itself containing the dove is still not equal to the Father; for all things of creation are within the Father who is over and above all.

Could you answer a question for me concerning the things of creation of which you speak?

The Apostle Paul makes it plain that all created things were created by the Lord Jesus (Col.1:16). That being true, if He is a created being then how can we possibly believe that He created Himself?

daqq

I see, you quoted something else from before. Perhaps next time quote the whole post so others can see what was actually said. I see no need to go back and rehash all that was said in that post because you actually have not responded to it other than your silly display of a game show mentality.

Zeke

Head knowledge of words only goes so far, Galatians 1:12 is the only interpretation one needs to experience 1Cor 13:1-13 takes care of the rest.

daqq

Could you answer a question for me concerning the things of creation of which you speak?

The Apostle Paul makes it plain that all created things were created by the Lord Jesus (Col.1:16). That being true, if He is a created being then how can we possibly believe that He created Himself?

I do not agree that Colossians 1:16 says what most people believe that it says:

Colossians 1:16 W/H
16 οτι εν αυτω εκτισθη τα παντα εν τοις ουρανοις και επι της γης τα ορατα και τα αορατα ειτε θρονοι ειτε κυριοτητες ειτε αρχαι ειτε εξουσιαι τα παντα δι αυτου και εις αυτον εκτισται

The ASV gives a perfectly acceptable and appropriate rendering:

Colossians 1:16 ASV
16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;

IN (εν) and THROUGH, (δια), and through denotes the channel of an action meaning that Messiah is the VESSEL through which the creative Power of the Almighty flowed and flows and will flow. This may not sound like much but in theological terms it is gigantic because what it means is that Messiah is not the source of Power but the channel through which the Power of the Almighty created and creates everything. This is exactly the meaning and purpose of the Word of the Almighty from the very beginning.

Jerry Shugart

The ASV gives a perfectly acceptable and appropriate rendering:

Colossians 1:16 ASV
16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;

This does not change the fact that it was the Lord Jesus who actually created all things. Just because he was the "channel of action" to create all things does not mean that He didn't create all things.

So since the fact is established that the Lord Jesus created "all things" then how can you assert that He is a created being?

These facts also demonstrate that the Lord Jesus existed before He was born of Mary. Do you admit that?

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
You therefore do not understand what you are reading in that text because it speaks not of a Spirit as entity but rather speaks of the Testimony of Yeshua...

Actually this probably should not be allowed to pass because you are actually ridiculing and making light of the Spirit of Grace which is the Testimony of Yeshua and represents the blood of the new Covenant according to the New Covenant authors. Perhaps you should have paid more attention to everything that was said along with the scripture quotes which were used to support what was said:

The Spirit manifested himself in the bodily form of a dove to anoint Jesus as his Anointed One for his ministry as an apostle with regard to the kingdom of God.

The holy Spirit was not available to others while Jesus was human.
On the Last Day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39)

Your postulation is untrue because the word "given", (which I highlighted in bold red italics), appears nowhere in any Greek text but has rather been inserted into the text by your favorite translators. You therefore do not understand what you are reading in that text because it speaks not of a Spirit as entity but rather speaks of the Testimony of Yeshua, which is Spirit, (according to his own Testimony in John 6:62-63), and which Testimony is likewise the Spirit of Grace, (and the blood of our Covenant, Hebrews 10:29), for Testimony is SPIRIT, and the Testimony of Yeshua was "not yet" in the John passage because it was not yet complete until the Master says, at Golgotha, "IT IS FINISHED!"

John 7:39 YLT (Young's Literal Bible Translation)
39 and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive; for not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

The Holy Spirit was not yet because Yeshua was not yet glorified. And Yeshua was "glorified", (meaning exalted or lifted up in this sense), when he was lifted up at Golgotha on the stake, even as he says: as Moshe lifted up the Seraph, on a staff or pole, in the desert wilderness. You are therefore confusing Testimony-Spirit with the Name found in Genesis 1:2 and Matthew 3:16, which Name is Ruach Elohim, (anarthrous, no article, and therefore much more likely a personal pronoun, a name, (denoting entity)).

Yeshua clearly and emphatically states that his words are Spirit as referenced above:

John 6:62-63
62 And what if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

He also says this concerning the Logos-Word which is not himself:

John 12:47-48
47 And if anyone hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but that the world might be delivered.
48 He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him:
the LOGOS-WORD that I have spoken, THAT ONE shall judge him in the last day.

And THAT ONE who is the LOGOS-WORD is the SPIRIT OF GRACE whom you are mocking. The Testimony of Yeshua was sealed and approved by the Father Himself and is (now) holy and Living. Golgotha changes everything: you did not understand what I said anymore than you understand scripture.

daqq

This does not change the fact that it was the Lord Jesus who actually created all things. Just because he was the "channel of action" to create all things does not mean that He didn't create all things.

So since the fact is established that the Lord Jesus created "all things" then how can you assert that He is a created being?

These facts also demonstrate that the Lord Jesus existed before He was born of Mary. Do you admit that?

I do not think you have actually heard what I have been trying to say, (which is much like what Keypurr also believes), Messiah Yeshua has been from the very beginning, that is, Ruach Elohim, from Genesis 1:2. The man Yeshua is not the same being, that is, not until the union at his immersion when the Spirit of the Holy One, (Ruach Elohim), descended from the heavens in somatiko-bodily form as a dove. However, either way, all things were created through the Son, not by the Son, and the difference is in who and where the source of power derives: and the source of power is not from the Son but from the Father Himself who is the source of all Power. The Son, who is the Word, is the conduit or vessel through which the power of creation flows.