Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well it has, because you said that Jesus loved Satan enough to die for him...

Jesus died for sin regardless of whom the sinner is. Also, I have read Jesus' story about the prodigal son.

I'm not saying Satan will repent but we can always hope for the best. The Father takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

beameup

Once a "heavenly host" rebels against God, they can never be redeemed.
God the Son became a man to save mankind from eternal separation from God.
He didn't die for any of the "heavenly host" (angels, archangels, seraphim, etc.)

robrog8999

Jesus is below God. God is Almighty. Alpha and Omega. Jesus Himself is the SON of God. What he teaches comes FROM God (Father). The Trinity is a man-made doctrine.
Unfortantley. soon after Jesus left, the Church become corrupt and full of error, and sadly, the trinity is part of the corruption that still exists today.
The bible does NOT teach the trinity, or even support it.
The bible is clear that Jesus is below God. As He is the SON. The Son is always below the Father. There is ONE son, ONE father. We have God and then we have the SON of God. Jesus is the Son. God is God (Father, Jehovah).
The Father presents Himself throughout scripture. but Jesus also.
However, Jesus never claimed to be His Father and never once said to pray to Him (He said to pray to the Father). Jesus himself even prayed to God. Why would Jesus pray to himself? Ironic, right? yes!
But He did not. He was praying to His Father, who is "Greater then I".
God is not uncomprehensible, as the trinity states. God wants us to know him and love him. And fortunatly, hes made it very clear who He is and who we are to worship.
Jesus is our Savior and only way to God. God has given Jesus the power to save us, to redeem us, however, He did not make Him God. He simply gave His "Only Begotten" to atone for our Sins.
It's as simple as that. It's really not complicating or "hard to understand".
Satan is a great deceiver, and He makes it His mission to confuse the masses. And sadly, we see it happening amongst most the Christian Churches today. Most are in error and mislead. This does not mean the followers wont be saved. As long as they have faith in Our Savior and trust and love him fully, AND live by the commandments and live a good life and try as much as possible to not Sin. Then we all get the opportunity to be saved. However. that is between you and God.. and a whole other subject.
With that said, it's not a matter of heaven or hell (Which the idea of Hell is also another big deceiver of many, with hugely false teachings.) But it is an important topic and extremely vital to KNOW who God is, otherwise, h0w can one love God if he doesnt know who God is?
If you seek the scriptures, read and study it and forget everything man has told you... you can find all the answers within the pages. Also, ask of God.. who reveals all things through the Holy Ghost.
As I said, it's really not a confusing doctrine or idea. God clearly teaches us who He is, and Jesus also. Jesus is our Brother. Spiritual Brother. And loves us greatly and is happy to answer our questions in faith. Just ask!
Amen brothers!

Rivers

Why did you just ignore what I said in regard to the fact that Paul said that the Lord Jesus exists in the "form of God"?

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Yes, and this "form of God" (visible appearance) refers to the "glorious body" Jesus had in heaven at the time Paul was writing the letter (Philippians 3:21). Paul saw this when the met on the road to Damascus (Acts 26:13-15).

So since the Lord Jesus is in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appears to the inhabitants of heaven. And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

This is not the case. Paul expected all the saints to have a "glorified body" just like Jesus and nobody concludes think this means that all the saints become "God" (Philippians 3:21).

KingdomRose

Simple!

Even though the Lord Jesus was "in the form of God" He made Himself of no reputation and took upon Himself the form of a "Servant":

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

That explains why the Father sent Him.

Then how do you explain what He said here:

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (Jn.14:9).​

And how do you explain this?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isa.9:6).​

Because even though the Lord Jesus was "in the form of God" He made Himself of no reputation and took upon Himself the form of a "Servant":

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

And since He was made in the form of man "in all things" (Heb.2:17) then like all men He had a God.

Now it is your turn to answer a simple question. Jehovah says that He will come out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth (Isa.26:21).

And here we see that it is the Lord Jesus who does that:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt.25:31-34,41).​

How do you explain that?

"

You didn't answer the question. The question was: How can Jesus BE the Father if the Father sent him? That was not explained.

You quoted John 14:9. Jesus said "you have seen the Father if you have seen me." That is exactly like saying, "I REPRESENT my Father, and I am a mirror image of him.....Like Father, like Son." Jesus did things just the way the Father would do them, and indeed, the Father COMMANDED JESUS to do things a certain way. That is why he could say to people that they see the Father in him.

"Jesus answered...'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner." (John 5:19, NASB)

"For I did not speak on my own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say. I know that His commandment is eternal life, therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me." (John 12:49,50)

Does that look like Jesus and the Father are the same Person?

KingdomRose

I am only showing that this verse shows the plurality of God:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."
(Gen.1:26).​

Why does God speak of Himself using a PLURAL pronoun unless more than one Person makes up the Godhead?

You have not been saying that there is more than one Person that makes up God. You have said that JESUS IS THE FATHER, JEHOVAH. Big difference (even though neither one is true).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Once a "heavenly host" rebels against God, they can never be redeemed.
God the Son became a man to save mankind from eternal separation from God.
He didn't die for any of the "heavenly host" (angels, archangels, seraphim, etc.)

Yeah, lots of people don't believe Paul. They can't refute him so they just don't believe him.

Well, at least you're one of many.

KingdomRose

Why do you keep ignoring the following verse?

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones" (Isa.57:15).​

Why do you continue to close your eyes to the truth concerning the identity of the One who that is of a contrite and humble spirit? Do you think that if you will just ignore it long enough it will just go away? Again, who do you say is being referred to in "bold"?

You just IGNORE the verses which demonstrate that the Lord Jesus is God:

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us"
(Mt.1:23).​

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isa.9:6).​

You can also continue to IGNORE the following words of Thomas spoken to the Lord Jesus:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​

Here Paul is not speaking of the first Person of the Godhead who is included within the pronouns "us" and "our" in the following passage which speaks of Jehovah:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him" (Gen.1:26-27).​

Instead, the Father of which Paul speaks is Jehovah:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand"
(Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

We can also see the following verse which speaks of the Lord Jesus:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father" (Isa.9:6).​

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

YOU are ignoring spiritual truth as found clearly in the verses that have been shown to you. The verses you keep quoting are ambiguous at best, and some are just taken way out of context---out of context with the entire Bible!

Matthew 1:23---Jesus is "God With Us." Can't it be understood by that that Jesus is the means by which God is "with" us? God SENT Jesus, and thus it can be said that God is with us. It doesn't say ANYWHERE that Jehovah came down AS Jesus and was physically here with men on the earth.

John 20:28 is one of the most ambiguous verses in the Bible. It just might be that Thomas was merely making an exclamation under his breath. Have you ever said, "Oh my God!" when you saw something amazing? That must be the sum and substance of it, because John, who wrote that verse, didn't say anything about Jesus being God in subsequent verses. He said, "These have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God; and that believing you may have life in his name." (John 20:31)

Really, how could Jesus BE the living God, Jehovah, if he is Jehovah's SON?

Jesus was the conduit THROUGH WHICH Jehovah created everything. It was Jehovah's power that Jesus was privy to, and by which Jesus created. Jehovah was the SOURCE; Jesus was a master workman using his Father's "tools."

Isaiah 9:6 calls Jesus "the everlasting father" in most Bible versions (not all). But this very well could mean that Jesus is a SPIRITUAL "father," just like Paul was, as Paul said many times, e.g., I Corinthians 4:14; Galatians 4:19, and Paul was never a literal father. He had thousands of spiritual offspring, and so does Jesus. In addition, Jesus is THE life-giver to mankind (the means by which Jehovah saves us), so he is a "father" in that respect---a life-giver to all humans.

You only use verses that can be taken more than one way. None of your verses are clear. You cannot provide a single verse that says that Jesus is "God the Son," or where he says that he is God, plainly, in unmistakable terms. On the other hand, there are many verses where he plainly says, "I am God's Son." A Person can't be HIS OWN SON.

Jerry Shugart

This is not the case. Paul expected all the saints to have a "glorified body" just like Jesus and nobody concludes think this means that all the saints become "God" (Philippians 3:21).

Yes, the saints will put on bodies like His glorious body but their faces will not be the face of God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

The Lord Jesus is said to be in the "form"of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus is in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appears to the inhabitants of heaven. And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid, I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."

The first and the last what? What was Jesus the first of and the last of?

I'm listening.

:popcorn:

marhig

No, He was equal with God because only God can be the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. And that is exactly how the Lord Jesus described Himself (Rev.22:13).

Hi Jerry, I thought I'd have a read of revelation 22 (below) and I've noticed that the angel who said don't bow down to me I'm your fellowservant and of your brethren and the prophets, worship only God. Is also the same person who said I am the alpha and the omega. This is also the same angel who Jesus sent in revelation 1 after he received revelation from God. Who Jesus also mentions that he sent to testify these things in verse 16 of revelation 22. I'm just wondering what you or anyone else thinks about this? And who is John bowing down to?

Revelation 1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John

Revelation 22

And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Revelation 22:16

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

KingdomRose

You have not answered my response to what you said here:

Only Jehovah can refer to Himself as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending."

And that is exactly the way that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Then why do we read, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus"?

I answered this last night and it took me several minutes. Then when I tried to post it, the server wouldn't let me. Big disappointment, but I'll answer again & try to be brief.

Yes, it is only Jehovah who is the Alpha & Omega. Revelation 22:12-13 is Jehovah speaking and not Jesus. So just because a scripture that we know is Jehovah says something, like Isaiah 26:21, and then we WANT TO BELIEVE that another Scripture that says something identical refers to Jesus, like Revelation 22:13......that doesn't make it so. Why does anyone ASSUME that Rev.22:13 refers to Jesus? The whole Bible was inspired by Jehovah; why wouldn't he say "Behold, I am coming quickly"? He said that He was coming WITH Jesus for judgment.

TWO individuals.

"'Behold, I [Jehovah] am going to send My messenger and he will clear the way before Me. [Then He speaks of 'the Lord,' another Person.] And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to his temple, and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold he is coming,' says the LORD [Jehovah] of Hosts." (Malachi 3:1, NASB)

Do we see more than one individual being spoken of here? I do. And they are "COMING" TOGETHER. Jehovah says that He is going to SEND His messenger, to clear the way before Him.

You say that verse 20 refers to Jesus. Fine. Why does that have to mean that all the other verses apply to him? He came to do his Father's will, and he continues to do his Father's will. When you read Revelation chapter 22 closely, you can see that many individuals are saying something. Why not the Father, Jehovah? He is the supreme one, even above Jesus. (I Corinthians 11:3)

Jehovah is the Alpha & Omega, not Jesus. Revelation 1:8 refers to Jehovah. Revelation 21:5-7 rather plainly identifies the speaker as Jehovah rather than Jesus. It says: "And He who sits on the throne [Jehovah] said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.' And He said, 'Write, for these words are faithful and true.' Then He [Jehovah] said to me, 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end....Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be My son." Jesus didn't refer to his joint heirs of the Kingdom as "sons." He called them brothers. (Matt.25:40) Do you see the difference? They are not the same.

KingdomRose

You have not answered my response to what you said here:

Only Jehovah can refer to Himself as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending."

And that is exactly the way that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Then why do we read, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus"?

I answered this last night and it took me several minutes. Then when I tried to post it, the server wouldn't let me. Big disappointment, but I'll answer again & try to be brief.

Yes, it is only Jehovah who is the Alpha & Omega. Revelation 22:12-13 is Jehovah speaking and not Jesus. So just because a scripture that we know is Jehovah says something, like Isaiah 26:21, and then we WANT TO BELIEVE that another Scripture that says something identical refers to Jesus, like Revelation 22:13......that doesn't make it so. Why does anyone ASSUME that Rev.22:13 refers to Jesus? The whole Bible was inspired by Jehovah; why wouldn't he say "Behold, I am coming quickly"? He said that He was coming WITH Jesus for judgment.

TWO individuals.

"'Behold, I [Jehovah] am going to send My messenger and he will clear the way before Me. [Then He speaks of 'the Lord,' another Person.] And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to his temple, and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold he is coming,' says the LORD [Jehovah] of Hosts." (Malachi 3:1, NASB)

Do we see more than one individual being spoken of here? I do. And they are "COMING" TOGETHER.

You say that verse 20 refers to Jesus. Fine. Why does that have to mean that all the other verses apply to him? He came to do his Father's will, and he continues to do his Father's will. When you read Revelation chapter 22 closely, you can see that many individuals are saying something. Why not the Father, Jehovah? He is the supreme one, even above Jesus. (I Corinthians 11:3)

Jehovah is the Alpha & Omega, not Jesus. Revelation 1:8 refers to Jehovah. Revelation 21:6,7 rather plainly identifies the speaker as Jehovah rather than Jesus. It says: "Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son." Jesus didn't refer to his joint heirs of the Kingdom as "sons." He called them brothers. (Matt.25:40) Do you see the difference? They are not the same.

Jerry Shugart

...there are many verses where he plainly says, "I am God's Son." A Person can't be HIS OWN SON.

Let us look how Paul used the term "son of" here when he spoke to Elymas::

"O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?"​
(Acts 13:10).​

The Jews who heard this would understand that Paul was saying that Elymas' "nature" was that of the devil.

And when the Lord Jesus claimed to be the Son of God those who heard Him would understand Him to be saying that His very nature is that of God. And when He said that God is His Father and the Jews understood that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" (Jn.5:17-18).​

If this was just a misunderstanding then surely the Lord Jesus would have denied that He was making Himself equal to God.

In fact, in the same discourse He claimed to be able to raise the dead (v.21) and said that the Father had committed all judgment to Him (v.22). He also said this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him"
(v.23).​

How do you explain what the Lord Jesus said there? If the Lord Jesus is not God then those words are the worst sort of blasphemy possible. How do you defend what the Lord Jesus said there?

You only use verses that can be taken more than one way. None of your verses are clear. You cannot provide a single verse that says that Jesus is "God the Son," or where he says that he is God, plainly, in unmistakable terms.

The words of the Apostle John here cannot be mistaken:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life" (1 Jn.5:3-4).​

John 20:28 is one of the most ambiguous verses in the Bible. It just might be that Thomas was merely making an exclamation under his breath. Have you ever said, "Oh my God!" when you saw something amazing? That must be the sum and substance of it, because John, who wrote that verse, didn't say anything about Jesus being God in subsequent verses. He said, "These have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God; and that believing you may have life in his name." (John 20:31)

Let us look at the words of Thomas again:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God" (Jn.20:28).​

Of course when Thomas used the words "My Lord" he was not making an exclamation under his breath. After all, Jesus had told them that was the proper way to address Him (Jn.13:13). So when He said "and my God" there is absolutely no reason why anyone would believe that those words were nothing more than an exclamation under his breath.

Isaiah 9:6 calls Jesus "the everlasting father" in most Bible versions (not all). But this very well could mean that Jesus is a SPIRITUAL "father," just like Paul was, as Paul said many times, e.g., I Corinthians 4:14; Galatians 4:19, and Paul was never a literal father. He had thousands of spiritual offspring, and so does Jesus. In addition, Jesus is THE life-giver to mankind (the means by which Jehovah saves us), so he is a "father" in that respect---a life-giver to all humans.

Then how do you explain the words here in "bold"?:

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Let us look at revelation 22:12-13 again:

" And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

The Apostle John certainly understood that these words were spoken by the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by His words here:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus"
(Rev.22:20).​

There can be no doubt that the Apostle John believe that the one who said He is coming quickly is the Lord Jesus and no one but the Lord Jesus. So these are the words of the Lord Jesus Christ:

" And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

As you can see, the Lord Jesus identifies Himself as the "Alpha and Omega," and by your own words we can know with certainity that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah God:

Yes, it is only Jehovah who is the Alpha & Omega.

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry, I thought I'd have a read of revelation 22 (below) and I've noticed that the angel who said don't bow down to me I'm your fellowservant and of your brethren and the prophets, worship only God. Is also the same person who said I am the alpha and the omega.

WRONG!

And who is John bowing down to?

To the angel who showed this things to the Apostle John:

"And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things" (Rev.22:22).​

The angel here is clearly distinguished from the Lord Jesus here:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John" (Rev.1:1).​

The one who described Himself as the Alpha and Omega is clearly the Lord Jesus:

how do we know that these are the words of the Lord Jesus? It is because the Apostle John makes it plain that the one who will be coming quickly is the Lord Jesus:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:20).​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the