Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No his and your ability to open your mind has not been shown. You can not look beyond what you think the scriptures are saying. I know how you are for I was the same way. Then I made my choice as to who would control my thoughts. The church lost.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

It's possible that one can open their mind so wide that logical thinking is no longer in play.

Before the Lord saved me I went down the open mind road.
It was a dead end.

Prove yourself with sound reason according to Scripture.

Satan loves wide open minds who lack the discipline of sound thinking.

keypurr

It's possible that one can open their mind so wide that logical thinking is no longer in play.

Before the Lord saved me I went down the open mind road.
It was a dead end.

Prove yourself with sound reason according to Scripture.

Satan loves wide open minds who lack the discipline of sound thinking.
My thoughts are sound as I have tried to disprove them myself. But the deeper I went the more support I got for my faith. I know hoe difficult it is to see Jesus Christ as a creation when you think he is God. I know also that Sunday is not the day the Lord set aside for worship. I also found it hard to think that I will rest in the grave until he comes for me instead of just rising like smoke when I die. These are huge faith changing things to digest Steko. But I did, and it cost me some family members and friends. But my God was calling and I do for him, not me.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My thoughts are sound as I have tried to disprove them myself. But the deeper I went the more support I got for my faith. I know hoe difficult it is to see Jesus Christ as a creation when you think he is God. I know also that Sunday is not the day the Lord set aside for worship. I also found it hard to think that I will rest in the grave until he comes for me instead of just rising like smoke when I die. These are huge faith changing things to digest Steko. But I did, and it cost me some family members and friends. But my God was calling and I do for him, not me.

Too bad that you don't understand that the Law, including the seventh day Sabbath was given to Israel as a commandment inextricably linked to all the rest of the Law for Israel. The Law is a unit and cannot be dissected and applied in pieces.
If your righteousness is of the Law and you have broken the law of the Sabbath in any way even once, you are to be stoned to death by the congregation.
So....get on with it.

Right Divider

Body part
No his and your ability to open your mind has not been shown. You can not look beyond what you think the scriptures are saying. I know how you are for I was the same way. Then I made my choice as to who would control my thoughts. The church lost.

• Your "open mind" has lead you astray from the truth and allows you to believe foolishness as fact.
  • We KNOW what the scripture says; it ain't rocket surgery.
  • You're so proud of "controlling your own thoughts".
  • You keep trying to use that "guilt by FALSE association" tactic and it's childish rhetoric instead of fact.
  • Who's feet will stand upon the mount of Olives when the LORD comes to judge the nations?
    Zech 14:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
    (14:1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (14:2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (14:3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (14:4) ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (14:5) And ye shall flee [to] the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, [and] all the saints with thee.

Acts 1:9-12 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (1:10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (1:11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (1:12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Believe the truth keypurr.

keypurr

Too bad that you don't understand that the Law, including the seventh day Sabbath was given to Israel as a commandment inextricably linked to all the rest of the Law for Israel. The Law is a unit and cannot be dissected and applied in pieces.
If your righteousness is of the Law and you have broken the law of the Sabbath in any way even once, you are to be stoned to death by the congregation.
So....get on with it.
The law is spiritual, not to be kept for salvation. But to be kept out of love for the creator. I never said that it will save anyone. Did the scripture tell us to be Holy as he is holy? Is he not returning for the folks who keep his commandments and the testimony of Jesus Christ? If these are not true, why did John write them down? Is not the content of the law love? To fullfill the law we must love God and mankind. Jesus, my Lord, taught them and kept thrm, so did the Apostles. Why should I not do the same?

marhig

• Your "open mind" has lead you astray from the truth and allows you to believe foolishness as fact.
  • We KNOW what the scripture says; it ain't rocket surgery.
  • You're so proud of "controlling your own thoughts".
  • You keep trying to use that "guilt by FALSE association" tactic and it's childish rhetoric instead of fact.
  • Who's feet will stand upon the mount of Olives when the LORD comes to judge the nations?
    Zech 14:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
    (14:1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (14:2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (14:3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (14:4) ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (14:5) And ye shall flee [to] the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, [and] all the saints with thee.

Acts 1:9-12 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (1:10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (1:11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (1:12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Believe the truth keypurr.
You do realise that all that has a spiritual meaning don't you and that Jesus isn't going to come floating on a natural cloud out of the sky?

Right Divider

Body part
You do realise that all that has a spiritual meaning don't you and that Jesus isn't going to come floating on a natural cloud out of the sky?
You do realize that "spiritual meaning" does not cancel the literal things, don't you.

Indeed Jesus will do just that. It has been confirmed many times in the scripture and Jesus also confirmed it while on earth:
Matt 24:29-30 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:29) ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matt 26:64 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:64) Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Rev 1:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

You "spiritualizers" are just unbelieving pretenders.

marhig

If we can't believe GOD as to what He plainly says, then who is the final authority that we should go to in order to receive the correct 'spiritual' meaning?
They didn't understand Jesus when he told the parable of the seed, he had to explain it to them. The whole Bible is full of deeper meanings.

The seed, the trees, the cloud, the rivers all have deeper meanings. Jesus said those who have ears to hear, hear and we only hear once God opens our understanding.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, but 'spiritual' begs a definition.
Many assume its' definition and also assume its' meanings are univocal.

OK, let's assume Paul's definition: "So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." (1 Corinthians 15:42-44)

A natural body would be of nature, a spiritual body is not of nature.

Paul further explained, "However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man."
(1 Corinthians 15:46-49)

Our material body will be changed into a non-material body.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, let's assume Paul's definition: "So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." (1 Corinthians 15:42-44)

A natural body would be of nature, a spiritual body is not of nature.

Paul further explained, "However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man." (1 Corinthians 15:46-49)

Our material body will be changed into a non-material body.

You've proved my point.
Spiritual does not mean non-material/physical.
It means non-corruptible and non-natural.

'Changed/allaso' means just that. It means that something which exists is altered. It doesn't mean that something that exists is disintegrated an another thing takes its' place.
There is a continuity between the seed and the plant.
There is a continuity between the corruptible body/flesh and the noncorruptible body/flesh.
The body which Christ inhabited on earth was not anhiliated/disintegrated. The body/flesh of Christ that died on the cross was 'changed/altered' and walked out of that grave alive again.
Believers are promised the same Phil 3:21.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So do you believe like the Jews that the Messiah hasn't come yet?

Nope, their Messiah came to His ownand His own received Him not...though some of them did.

He came and He's coming again....physically/bodily, as He said.
And, His people will be willing in the day of His power. Psa 110:3