James White to Debate Bob Enyart on Open Theism

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does it make "Jesus learned" not mean what it plainly says?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess it cannot be explained simply -- if God cannot change, how did Jesus go from being not a man to taking on flesh.

James White seems to think we should understand it without explanation. :idunno:

S0ZO

I guess it cannot be explained simply -- if God cannot change, how did Jesus go from being not a man to taking on flesh.

James White seems to think we should understand it without explanation. :idunno:

"Orthobox" is not based on divine inspiration (as James would like us to believe).

The hypostatic union is a fallacy.

Jesus is God come in the flesh. He does not have two wills, two minds, or personalities. God died on the cross.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"Orthobox" is not based on divine inspiration (as James would like us to believe).

The hypostatic union is a fallacy.

Jesus is God come in the flesh. He does not have two wills, two minds, or personalities. God died on the cross.

Ewwww . . . several serious errors posted here.

Some "smart" guy needs to learn some decent Christology!!!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Do you admit that God died on the cross? Yes or no?

God the Son died as the Son of Man on the cross.

Triune God did not die.

Nowhere does the Scripture teach that the Father became flesh and suffered death on the cross; neither does Scripture teach that the Holy Spirit became flesh and suffered death on the cross.

Only God the Son, who assumed the humanity and flesh of His brethren, suffered their judgment and died their death in their stead on the cross.

Thus the necessity for the hypostatic union of the full human and divine properties of the Savior.

S0ZO

God the Son died as the Son of Man on the cross.

Triune God did not die.

Nowhere does the Scripture teach that the Father became flesh and suffered death on the cross; neither does Scripture teach that the Holy Spirit became flesh and suffered death on the cross.

Only God the Son, who assumed the humanity and flesh of His brethren, suffered their judgment and died their death in their stead on the cross.

Thus the necessity for the hypostatic union of the full human and divine properties of the Savior.
"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself"

The reconciliation happened at death. God tasted death, for all men. God died on the cross.

You would have us believe that God was not in Christ when Christ died.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I notice the argument is again about hypo static unions instead of a simple explanation for my query.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself"

The reconciliation happened at death. God tasted death, for all men. God died on the cross.

You would have us believe that God was not in Christ when Christ died.

God being the Christ who died as a Man does not equate with The Father, and the Holy Spirit suffering such a bloody death.

Triune God cannot die.

God the Son, who assumed flesh as a the Son of Man, certainly suffered death on behalf of all the souls the Father gave Him to redeem.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is embarrassing to see so many mistakes in the Bob Enyart's post debate radio programs being pointed out by James White. I mean, assuming RC Sproul, Jr. is one of White's pals, or completely taking what has been said and twisting it to meet an agenda seems a wee bit desperate. Denial of the hypostatic union and the Chalcedonian Definition underlie the misunderstandings White noted in Enyart's post debate programs. I get that unsettled theists think God changes daily, but these errors noted by White are only serving to illustrate the lack of serious attention to rigor and detail is missing within the unsettled theist camp.

AMR