Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

MennoSota

Uh, you mean the people who read your link and asked questions about it?

Those people?

The ones you ignored?

:chuckle:
I don't know what you are talking about.
Did radiation start when God said "Let there be light"?
Traditionally, young earth proponents dismiss radiometric dating as wildly inaccurate. The article I provided details the method used and the reliability of radiometric dating. No one discussed the article. What happened was a poster asked for the origin point of radiation on earth. The method for assessing that origin point would be to trace backward in time to find it. How? By using radiometric dating techniques since light is the original moment of creation by God.
Thus, science is able to observe that God creation begins billions of years ago, not approximately 7000 years ago. This means it is reasonable for a Christian to acknowledge an old earth rather than a young earth. I have therefore answered the question of the OP.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
That is really not responsive to my comment.
Then explain what you meant by 'he had to redo the earth within a few thousand years,' because I don't know what you're talking about---so that I can respond more directly.

Idolater

This is the first time on this site. No other names have been used.
We're all anonymous, and there have been plenty of users here over the many years who have logged in and participated as different accounts. Your thinking isn't the most original I've ever seen, so it's obviously suggestive of someone who's been here before as a different alias.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Traditionally, young earth proponents dismiss radiometric dating as wildly inaccurate. The article I provided details the method used and the reliability of radiometric dating. No one discussed the article. What happened was a poster asked for the origin point of radiation on earth. The method for assessing that origin point would be to trace backward in time to find it. How? By using radiometric dating techniques since light is the original moment of creation by God.
Thus, science is able to observe that God creation begins billions of years ago, not approximately 7000 years ago. This means it is reasonable for a Christian to acknowledge an old earth rather than a young earth. I have therefore answered the question of the OP.

Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:4&version=NKJV

And God spoke all these words, saying: . . . [JESUS]For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.[/JESUS] - Exodus 20:1,11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:1,11&version=NKJV

Idolater

I post that science points toward God and share about radiation being in the very first moment of God's creation. Then, I get posters who avoid the data
Your estimation of my own view is that I have God deceiving us, when as I've told you, the only ones who have God being deceitful are the ones who think 'six days' meant 'over 13 billion years,' which would be a bald faced lie, on His part---and I don't have God as a liar.
In any case, I enjoy discussing the glory of God. If that bothers you, I make no apologies.
I enjoy that as well. What bothers me is that because I don't share your clavinist view of God's sovereignty, that you don't think that I value the glory of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What do you think, in all the claims of Old Earthers, is the best evidence for the universe being billions of years old, and not about 7000 years old?

Idolater

Yes. Did the first light emanate from a star? No. God created stars including the sun to be the source of light later in the first week.
You see the circularity in that thought?

I addressed your idea. I said that God created everything already 'billions of years' along the decay curve. You said that if God did that, that He is deceptive, to which I responded that the only deception is if everything actually is billions of years old, because He told us, pointblank, 'six days,' which would therefor be a lie.

I believe Adam was created with a bellybutton. I don't think that is deceptive.
You have.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
:thumb:

There would have been no harmful radiation affecting God's creation before the fall.

When God created the sun on day four, sure, there would have been radiation from it, but the atmosphere and magnetic fields of the earth would have been enough to protect it.

MennoSota

We're all anonymous, and there have been plenty of users here over the many years who have logged in and participated as different accounts. Your thinking isn't the most original I've ever seen, so it's obviously suggestive of someone who's been here before as a different alias.
LOL [emoji23]

MennoSota

Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:4&version=NKJV

And God spoke all these words, saying: . . . [JESUS]For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.[/JESUS] - Exodus 20:1,11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:1,11&version=NKJV
I don't disagree. My point is that the first days were longer than 24 hours.

MennoSota

Your estimation of my own view is that I have God deceiving us, when as I've told you, the only ones who have God being deceitful are the ones who think 'six days' meant 'over 13 billion years,' which would be a bald faced lie, on His part---and I don't have God as a liar.
I enjoy that as well. What bothers me is that because I don't share your clavinist view of God's sovereignty, that you don't think that I value the glory of God.

My point is that God is not deceptive. He shows us that his creation is billions of years old. He is not bound by an earth day of 24 hours.

MennoSota

Yes. Did the first light emanate from a star? No. God created stars including the sun to be the source of light later in the first week.
You see the circularity in that thought?

I addressed your idea. I said that God created everything already 'billions of years' along the decay curve. You said that if God did that, that He is deceptive, to which I responded that the only deception is if everything actually is billions of years old, because He told us, pointblank, 'six days,' which would therefor be a lie.

I believe Adam was created with a bellybutton. I don't think that is deceptive.
You have.

Light eminated from God's will. Light produces radiation therefore there is no need for a star.
So you admit that observation shows billions of years of decay? Great! You must believe creation is billions of years old.
Is God bound by an earth day?
You speculate about Adam. We have no means of measurement.

Idolater

Light eminated from God's will.
Sure.
Light produces radiation therefore there is no need for a star.
Light IS radiation; electromagnetic radiation.
So you admit that observation shows billions of years of decay? Great! You must believe creation is billions of years old.
I can either believe 'six days,' or something other. I choose the former. So no.
Is God bound by an earth day?
God is unbound by anything.
You speculate about Adam.
Of course.
We have no means of measurement.
I was making another point about God not being deceitful. God created Adam a full-grown man. He looked just like full-grown men do today. He and Eve alone were not born, but were created full-grown. Like the universe was.

Idolater

Great. So six days does not have to be 24 hours in length. Glad we agree.
How that helps your view is beyond me. Science gives us the 13+ billion year age, but it does so through a detailed order of events, and it does not align with the order of events recorded in Genesis, so you still have God as a liar. 'Six days' equaling 13 billion years doesn't help your problem with the order of events.