Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

Jose Fly

What I actually said... "Science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Neandertals are descendants of first Adam, and people that Last Adam went to Calvary for.
Are you now saying that science hasn't confirmed that Neanderthals are "descendants of first Adam"?

Already answered, but I will re-post it. Science has helped reveal the humanity of Neandertals, exactly as we should expect when all humans are "one blood"... descendants of Adam and Eve.
Neanderthals have always been in the genus Homo, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Why were evolutionists so wrong about Neandertals?
As explained earlier, you're trying to dishonestly recreate history. "Evolutionists", aka "scientists", were on both sides of all those debates you listed. So some scientists were right, others were wrong. That's how science works.

They start with a false belief system (start with the conclusion) then try make the data fit. They failed, and continue to fail using their non-falsifiable belief system.
Um no, you're projecting your own anti-scientific framework onto science.

Science supports Scripture....ALWAYS
Exhibit A.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you JR for the explanation of the hydroplate (HP) theory.

I did actually watch (much of) the video, so I recognise that your description comes from the hydroplate guy, who you tell me is a Phd and an engineer.

I want to tell you why the theory just will not fly, is a damp squib, and why the guy is an idiot, so that you can move on to believing something more possible and FACTual.

At the heart of the HP theory is the idea that there was water in the earth, and earth convulsed and squeezed this water out of the crust at escape velocity, so that water (and rock) shot up with such force that it escaped earth's gravity, still had enough velocity to keep on going and throw rocks on the moon such that they formed craters on the near side of the moon. Have I got the theory right?

Here are the problems with the theory...

To escape earth's pull, each drop and rock has to be ejected at the escape velocity from Earth which is about 11.186 km/s (6.951 mi/s; 40,270 km/h; 25,020 mph) at the surface. This is mach 33.

A water jet cutter can, with all its technology get a jet of water up to mach 4 only.

And even if you pointed a water jet cutter up to the sky, the drops would not go far because they would bleed off momentum so quickly due to air friction. Water under this pressure and speed would be hot and would vaporise. If water ever reached space, it would evaporate in the vacuum of space.

And with all this high pressure ejection, poor Noah and the animals would be subjected to the tidal waves, and debris falling back which does not make it into space.

There is no chance that water or even rocks ejected from earth could make it to the moon, and then, slow down and fall back on the far side. To do so they would have to have been ejected at escape velocity plus plus - which even the explosion from a super volcano cannot do. And a super volcano would destroy most life on earth and the tidal waves would sink the ark.

This is a half-baked, pie-in-the-sky piece of non-science, you would do well to reject.
:rotfl:

You've got no science training at all and have read next to nothing about HP theory, but you're equipped to explain it all away?

You're a hoot, Vowels.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I presume you accurately gave the gist of the theory, which involved the foundations of the deep blasting water into space at mach 33, which is 6 times faster than industrial water jet steel and rock cutters. If his theory does not involve this tell me that you described it wrong, and I will examine your link.
:darwinsm:

The Einstein of the HP theory has asserted a universal speed limit for water.

"H2O has a constant velocity in a vacuum."

:chuckle:

6days

Jose Fly said:
Are you now saying that science hasn't confirmed that Neanderthals are "descendants of first Adam"?
Im not saying anything different than I did tbe first time... here it is again... "Science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Neandertals are descendants of first Adam, and people that Last Adam went to Calvary for.
Jose Fly said:
Neanderthals have always been in the genus Homo, so I'm not sure what your point is.
If you want to know what the point is you should read the post. I will post it for you again, showing how evolutionists started with false beliefs about an ' ape man'... science corrected those false beliefs.

In the case of Neandertals you ask about...
Evolutionists claimed that Neandertals were incapable of articulate speech.

Science has shown Neandertals were as capable of articulate speech as you and I are. A distinguishing trait of humanity.

Evolutionists claimed Neandertals had a stooped over posture somewhat similar to knuckle walkers.

Science has shown

Neandertals walked upright like all humans do.

Evolutionists claimed Neandertals never interbred with 'modern' humans.

Science has shown we are descendants of Neandertals. We are the exact same kind.

Evolutionists claimed Neandertals had no culture.

Science has revealed the humanity of Neandertals. They created and wore jewellery, cosmetics, cared for the young and elderly... just like us. (Neandertals r us)

Evolutionists claimed neanderthals did not bury their dead. ( evolutionists are always a little too quick to try and dehumanize what might be a human fossil ... there is no glory in discovering humanity so they attempt to remove it.

Science has show

Neandertals buried their dead with ceremony... just like we do. They were people like us.

Evolutionists claimedNeandertals were dimwitted.

Science has shown Neandertals were intelligent. we don't know for sure but they may have been more intelligent than our selves. (We have a few thousand years of mutations since then)

Evolutionists claimed Neandertals didn't use tools.

Science has shown Neandertals were ingenious in their use of tools.

Evolutionists claimed (museum display) Neandertals had hairy beastlike bodies.

Science has shown Neandertals are us. Their DNA is 99.7% exactly the same as you and me, and their body features are within the range of humans on the earth today.

Why were evolutionists so wrong about Neandertals? They start with a false belief system (start with the conclusion) then try make the data fit. They failed, and continue to fail using their non-falsifiable belief system.

Jose Fly said:
"Evolutionists", aka "scientists", were on both sides of all those debates
Exactly right! Not all scientists jumped to false conclusions which were totally belief based. It was not science that said Neandertals were dimwitted and covered in body hair.

Science always supports Scripture. We are all one blood... descendants of Adam and Eve.

Jose Fly

Im not saying anything different than I did tbe first time.
One clear way to tell if you're trying to have a conversation with someone who doesn't want to have one, is when you ask them to clarify and they refuse.

That you refuse to clarify your own statements says quite a bit about you.

Why were evolutionists so wrong about Neandertals? They start with a false belief system (start with the conclusion) then try make the data fit. They failed, and continue to fail using their non-falsifiable belief system.

Exactly right! Not all scientists jumped to false conclusions which were totally belief based. It was not science that said Neandertals were dimwitted and covered in body hair.
That's quite a series of accusations against a fairly large number of professionals. Any actual evidence to back them up, or do you lack any sense of moral obligation?

And since you agree that "evolutionists" were on both sides of these debates, why do you exclusively focus on those who were on the wrong side? Why aren't you praising the "evolutionists" who were on the right side?

6days

Jose Fly said:
That's quite a series of accusations against a fairly large number of professionals.
Accusation? I don't think that is quite the right word. That word implies what I said has not been proven.

Jose Fly said:
Any actual evidence to back them up, or do you lack any sense of moral obligation?
That isn't a very nice way to ask for evidence, right? If you aren't aware of all the false claims evolutionists made about Neandertals, you could ask by saying " I am not familiar with that. Do you have some sources to back up your claims?".

I would then suggest you use Google and you would find links such as...http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-science/top-ten-myths-about-neanderthals-001551

Jose Fly said:
And since you agree that "evolutionists" were on both sides of these debates, why do you exclusively focus on those who were on the wrong side? Why aren't you praising the "evolutionists" who were on the right side?
Kudos to the few evolutionists who put science ahead of their belief system. However it was only evolutionists who made all the false claims without a a shred of evidence. Evolutionists want...they need creatures who are human like, yet inarticulate, dimwitted, lack culture etc... so they try get fossils to sing their tune.

Science helps confirm the humanity of Neandertals, and helps confirm the truth of God's Word... There is only one human race...we are all one blood.

iouae

:darwinsm:

The Einstein of the HP theory has asserted a universal speed limit for water.

"H2O has a constant velocity in a vacuum."

:chuckle:

Well its always nice to know what you, JR and 6days consider "normal scientific boundaries" and a reasonable speed for, say, water droplets etc. If mach 33 water drops does not ring alarm bells, then, as they say in the classics, anything's possible, if not on earth, then at least, in your imagination.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well its always nice to know what you, JR and 6days consider "normal scientific boundaries" and a reasonable speed for, say, water droplets etc. If mach 33 water drops does not ring alarm bells, then, as they say in the classics, anything's possible, if not on earth, then at least, in your imagination.
You know nothing about what you're criticizing. Tell us, what magical theory do you have that sets this speed limit for a fountain?

Droplets. :chuckle:

iouae

You know nothing about what you're criticizing. Tell us, what magical theory do you have that sets this speed limit for a fountain?

Droplets. :chuckle:

When I think of the fountains of the deep opening up, I visualise artesian wells bubbling out of the ground all over the place, not explosive jets of water which can saw rock and steel to bits.

I don't need explosive jets of water from earth to crater the moon, and neither do you. Why not just say that debris from space hits and craters the moon just as we see happening every day with shooting stars being meteors striking earth?

And why is the side of the moon facing earth more cratered (if it is). One possibility is that more stuff hits the far side of the moon, causing mass to pile up there. But attraction of earth's gravity on the moon rotates the moon so that the heaviest side will ALWAYS face earth. Thus moon and earth are locked today such that the densest side of the moon always faces earth, and if something really heavy strikes the far side of the moon tomorrow, the far side will slowly rotate so that side faces the earth.

It's so easy not to have to create screwball theories and conspiracies to explain everything.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I think of the fountains of the deep opening up, I visualise artesian wells bubbling out of the ground all over the place, not explosive jets of water which can saw rock and steel to bits.
When you've finished fantasizing, figure out what it is you're discussing. That way, you might figure out something useful to say.

iouae

When you've finished fantasizing, figure out what it is you're discussing. That way, you might figure out something useful to say.

Do something useful and explain the symmetrical reversals of magnetism in rocks on either side of mid-ocean ridges.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do something useful and explain the symmetrical reversals of magnetism in rocks on either side of mid-ocean ridges.
There aren't any.

Nor are there any "droplets." :chuckle:

iouae

There aren't any.

Nor are there any "droplets." :chuckle:

You did not go to a very good school did you? Probably the school of Mom and Pop.

But I know you can read. Magnetism changes either side of mid-ocean ridges. This is a measured FACT - but "FACT" seems to be a four letter word with you. Read the following evidence - or don't. I am not here to educate you if you are determined to remain igorant.

https://www.ck12.org/earth-science/...gnetic-Evidence-for-Seafloor-Spreading-HS-ES/

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You did not go to a very good school did you? Probably the school of Mom and Pop.

But I know you can read. Magnetism changes either side of mid-ocean ridges. This is a measured FACT - but "FACT" seems to be a four letter word with you. Read the following evidence - or don't. I am not here to educate you if you are determined to remain igorant.

https://www.ck12.org/earth-science/...gnetic-Evidence-for-Seafloor-Spreading-HS-ES/
FACT:

30-60 mile thick continents put a lot of pressure on an average of a mile deep chambers of supercritical water. Combine that with tidal pumping, and you've got something far more powerful than a water cutter...

iouae

FACT:

30-60 mile thick continents put a lot of pressure on an average of a mile deep chambers of supercritical water. Combine that with tidal pumping, and you've got something far more powerful than a water cutter...

Glad you are into FACTS JR. The only need for this theory that I can see for YEC's is to explain pock-marking of the moon and maybe the asteroids.

Do you know that water evaporates in the vacuum of space. Let's stretch all incredulity and say that water droplets made it to space. In seconds these would evaporate. That's the FACT.

Here is another fact. If stuff sprayed out of earth, and some collided with the moon, then we have to assume that the vast majority missed the moon if stuff sprayed randomly in all directions. There is not enough stuff on earth to spray the sphere of space with the same amount of stuff that hit the moon.

This comes from the inverse squared law, that the area squares with the distance. The moon is 384 400 km from earth. The area of space at this distance is 4 x pi x r squared where pi = 3.14159.

Sphere of space is thus 4 x 3.14159 x 384400 x 384 400 km squared = 1.86 raised to the power of 12 km squared. The surface area of the moon is only 38 million km squared. So divide sphere of space by half the surface area of moon = 48864/2 or 24432.

What this means is that 76000701 times more stuff goes past the moon than hits the moon. To my mind, this is as utterly impossible that so much stuff could be ejected from earth, as are mach 33 droplets.

With so much stuff being thrown out from earth, imagine the energy involved to do so. To think earth, not to mention Noah could survive these mach 33 jets and the sheer volume of stuff being thrown into space - would make me as a YEC want to look for a simpler theory. Such as the water fell from above, and rose from artesian springs from below, and flooded the earth. Forget the moon.