Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

Truster

Neanderthals can be seen in the many Towns and Cities of Wales on weekend nights. Wearing short skirts and lots of make-up. They reveal their true nature when they attempt to speak.

iouae

While there was some interbreeding with them in Europe, modern homo sapiens is not descended from Neanderthals.

Stuart

Yes, God used about 5% of Neanderthal genes, if I remember correctly in Homo sapiens.

But Homo sapiens was a separate, unique creation of a new hominid species, 6000 years ago (give or take).

6days

iouae said:
God used about 5% of Neanderthal genes, if I remember correctly in Homo sapiens.
It is hereticsl to suggest God created sub humans. Why would you deny the humanity of Neandertals? The answer is that you reject Scripture telling us that sin, then death entered our world from first Adam. BTW.... It isn't 5% ... try closer to 98%.

Science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Neandertals are descendants if first Adam, and people that Last Adam went to Calvary for.

iouae

It is hereticsl to suggest God created sub humans. Why would you deny the humanity of Neandertals? The answer is that you reject Scripture telling us that sin, then death entered our world from first Adam. BTW.... It isn't 5% ... try closer to 98%.

Science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Neandertals are descendants if first Adam, and people that Last Adam went to Calvary for.

"Prüfer and Pääbo say that, based on the new high-quality genome, modern populations carry between 1.8 to 2.6 percent Neanderthal DNA—that’s higher than the previous estimates of about 1.5 to 2.1 percent. More specifically, East Asians have about 2.3 to 2.6 percent Neanderthal DNA, while people from western Europe and Asia have retained about 1.8 to 2.4 percent DNA. African populations have virtually none because their ancestors did not mate with Neanderthals."

https://gizmodo.com/humans-have-even-more-neanderthal-dna-than-we-realized-1819182225

Jose Fly

Do YOU realize 'air' isn't just oxygen?
No way! As a biologist for the last 25 years, this is the first I've ever heard of such a thing. :rolleyes:

The funny thing here is how you post that like it's some sort of revelation and/or means for you to demonstrate your immense knowledge. Hilarious.

I realize articles to date are hyped on the 'organisms that don't need oxygen' but it is a misnomer and hype/sensationalism. Worse? You picked this hype to 'try' and make points. Snarky ones. You failed. :wave:
Ok, now I've seen everything. You're actually saying the concept of anaerobic organisms is "a misnomer and hype/sensationalism" and that's what's really going on with your ignorant gaffe?

Thanks Lon. As you know, entertainment is one of the reasons I'm here and you've provided that in spades. :thumb:

Jose Fly

By sequencing the genome of Neanderthal, among other things...

kgov.com/neanderthal
And what specifically did they find that allowed them to "establish" that humans and neanderthals were related? And what exactly led them to "establish" that neanderthals were "descendants of the first Adam" as [MENTION=15431]6days[/MENTION] claimed?

iouae

"Prüfer and Pääbo say that, based on the new high-quality genome, modern populations carry between 1.8 to 2.6 percent Neanderthal DNA—that’s higher than the previous estimates of about 1.5 to 2.1 percent. More specifically, East Asians have about 2.3 to 2.6 percent Neanderthal DNA, while people from western Europe and Asia have retained about 1.8 to 2.4 percent DNA. African populations have virtually none because their ancestors did not mate with Neanderthals."

https://gizmodo.com/humans-have-even-more-neanderthal-dna-than-we-realized-1819182225

I don't really know what they mean by saying we have a few % Neanderthal genes.

As far as I have read we have a 90-something percent similar genes to monkeys, so I would assume we would have 90-something percent similar genes to Neanderthals.

Can anyone explain this perhaps?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And what specifically did they find that allowed them to "establish" that humans and neanderthals were related? And what exactly led them to "establish" that neanderthals were "descendants of the first Adam" as [MENTION=15431]6days[/MENTION] claimed?

Neanderthals are closer genetically to humans than one chimp is to another chimp.

See also kgov.com/caveman

Jose Fly

Neanderthals are closer genetically to humans than one chimp is to another chimp.

See also kgov.com/caveman

Are you saying that merely being genetically "close" is sufficient to establish relatedness?

And again, exactly how did science "establish" that neanderthals were "descendants of the first Adam"?

Jose Fly

It means certain human populations have genetic sequences they inherited from neanderthals. It varies by percentage, as was noted earlier.

As far as I have read we have a 90-something percent similar genes to monkeys, so I would assume we would have 90-something percent similar genes to Neanderthals.

Can anyone explain this perhaps?
Not sure what you're asking, but here's a good recent read: https://gizmodo.com/humans-have-even-more-neanderthal-dna-than-we-realized-1819182225

Stuu

Yes, God used about 5% of Neanderthal genes, if I remember correctly in Homo sapiens.
You remember a god putting 5% Neanderthal genes into homo sapiens? You seem not to have remembered any of that in your previous post.

Homo sapiens and Neanderthal took a bit of a fancy to one another for a short period before the Neanderthals went extinct.

But Homo sapiens was a separate, unique creation of a new hominid species, 6000 years ago (give or take).
No, we weren't.

Stuart

Stuu

Maybe the first Adam was H.heidelbergensis.

Stuart

Lon

No way! As a biologist for the last 25 years, this is the first I've ever heard of such a thing. :rolleyes:

The funny thing here is how you post that like it's some sort of revelation and/or means for you to demonstrate your immense knowledge. Hilarious.

Ok, now I've seen everything. You're actually saying the concept of anaerobic organisms is "a misnomer and hype/sensationalism" and that's what's really going on with your ignorant gaffe?

Thanks Lon. As you know, entertainment is one of the reasons I'm here and you've provided that in spades. :thumb:

Only for a simple mind, Jose. You just aren't too bright and miss a lot of what is pertinent, even in science. You? You actually 'like' trying to be above your peers. Me? I'd rather you be educated instead of using lame stuff like this for my own fragile ego. You are just this transparent :( It is all you do on TOL and it shows an easily entertained shallow mind. Fact. Sorry again about that, except you probably don't realize what that really means :(

:wave:

6days

iouae said:
God is God. Nothing ever forces Him to do anything. Jesus did not have to do anything - unless the Father wished it. Suppose God asked Christ to die for the sins of the world. This would have been one of hundreds of possible plans of salvation - all of which would have worked
Your belief in an old earth causes your inability to understand the Gospel, and the inability to explain why Christ had to die for our sin. (Rom. 5, Gen. 1-4, geneaologies from first Adam to Last Adam, I Cor. 15

There was no other way for God to redeem us other than the shed blood of Jesus. (Heb 9)

iouae said:
Another reason Jesus died apart from those I mentioned is that a good leader leads from the front. Having Christ die as the first martyr set an example ..
Foolish... see 1 Cor. 1:18

iouae said:
Enoch was saved long before Christ ever died, as were all the OT saints. If Christ had never died they would still have been saved.
Your beliefs are heretical and render the cross to be foolishness. The OT believers were not saved by animal sacrfices. They were saved by the blood of Jesus.

iouae said:
There were iterations of hominids before Adam, the Neanderthals, Denisonians etc. but no indication of them being offered salvation.
Your rejection of God's Word...and of science is noted. (Evolutionists have always tried to dehumanize Neandertals....Fortunately science has proved those beliefs are false)

iouae said:
God was still experimenting with hominids...
Your rejection of the perfect God of scripture has already been noted.

iouae said:
...after seeing that the Neanderthals were almost perfect, God reduced the brain size and musculature of the Neanderthals a bit, and was ready to begin project "Save modern man" beginning with Adam.
'Thanks' for the heretical and psuedoscience story. I'm going to believe God's account though which is found in Genesis and is foundational to the Gospel... and the purpose of Last Adams physical death.

6days

iouae said:

As far as I have read we have a 90-something percent similar genes to monkeys, so I would assume we would have 90-something percent similar genes to Neanderthals
The simple explanation is ....you have suckered by evolutionism. Evolutionism always has tried to humanize monkey / apes/ pigs and lemurs: while they deny humanity of people.

Re. Your DNA silly numbers...

In the past evolutionists claimed we were 98% similar to chimps and that Neandertals were incapable of breeding with humans. Science has shown those claims were false... based on a false belief system, and the rejection of God's Word.

Chimps are NOT 98% similar to human DNA. It actually is impossible to assign a number because we have complete sequences of DNA that chimps do not have and vice versa. But, in any case you can argue the numbers support a Common Designer ... .... not common ancestry(based on God's Word).

Re. Your 2%+ number you used for Neandertals.... you are not the first person to be suckered by deceptive number comparisons. The number is referring to your ancestry....not the % of DNA that is similar to you and me. You might have 75% European ancestry, 20% Asian ancestry 3% Neandertal and 2% South America. Science has helped to show that the evolutionist belief system about neanderthals was totally false...We are ancestors of Neanderthalswho were descendants of Adam and Eve

6days

iouae said:

As far as I have read we have a 90-something percent similar genes to monkeys, so I would assume we would have 90-something percent similar genes to Neanderthals
The simple explanation is ....you have suckered by evolutionism. Evolutionism always has tried to humanize monkey / apes/ pigs and lemurs: while they deny humanity of people.

Re. Your DNA silly numbers...

In the past evolutionists claimed we were 98% similar to chimps and that Neandertals were incapable of breeding with humans. Science has shown those claims were false... based on a false belief system, and the rejection of God's Word.

Chimps are NOT 98% similar to human DNA. It actually is impossible to assign a number because we have complete sequences of DNA that chimps do not have and vice versa. But, in any case you can argue the numbers support a Common Designer ... .... not common ancestry(based on God's Word).

Re. Your 2%+ number you used for Neandertals.... you are not the first person to be suckered by deceptive number comparisons. The number is referring to your ancestry....not the % of DNA that is similar to you and me. You might have 75% European ancestry, 20% Asian ancestry 3% Neandertal and 2% South America. Science has helped to show that the evolutionist belief system about neanderthals was totally false...We are ancestors of Neanderthalswho were descendants of Adam and Eve