Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Nope; ignorance, by definition is not knowingly doing a thing and if I am not knowingly demeaning you and had no intent of demeaning you, then you can not justifiably accuse me of such. Why do you defend her against me and also accuse me like her?

Rhetorical

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You are just like her.

popsthebuilder

No, what you say is mumbo jumbo. You are twisting and turning.
Oh; so an angel of the Lord ismt used to speak expressly of GOD in the OT?

What is of heaven is not of GOD?

The Quran is the law written of the heart and the faith given to the believer?

All rhetorical; I know you know the correct answers

popsthebuilder

No, you say bad names to me just like she does.
WHAT!!!!!?

I said you are a funny lady.

Not negative, not bad, not satan, not Antichrist, no not lying, not .....

I can't....I don't know exactly why you won't see it, but you won't.

Good bye.

I meant what I said about to you earlier; and I am not referring to anything that you percieve as me attempting to demean you, which I did not do here or today, but may have done at some point in the past.

God's Truth

Oh; so an angel of the Lord ismt used to speak expressly of GOD in the OT?

What is of heaven is not of GOD?

The Quran is the law written of the heart and the faith given to the believer?

All rhetorical; I know you know the correct answers

I have already proven the truth to you.

Show where the sura which speaks about Gabriel is old sura and that of the Holy Spirit is new sura.

God's Truth

WHAT!!!!!?

I said you are a funny lady.

Not negative, not bad, not satan, not Antichrist, no not lying, not .....

I can't....I don't know exactly why you won't see it, but you won't.

Good bye.

I meant what I said about to you earlier; and I am not referring to anything that you percieve as me attempting to demean you, which I did not do here or today, but may have done at some point in the past.

Even Satan comes as an angel of light.

Even demons know that there is one God.

Even demons know that there is one God and do something.

You are so funny that you think that the only mistake you made was calling me funny lady?

popsthebuilder

I have already proven the truth to you.

Show where the sura which speaks about Gabriel is old sura and that of the Holy Spirit is new sura.
What in the heck are you talking about.

I said one is speaking of the quran and the other of personal gift of faith.

Please leave me alone.

You don't care to hear me and will not listen and I do not want to don't is for no reason.

Please please leave me alone.

You have made your choice.

Continue to conflate me with her all you want.

Just don't expect me to address or respond to you anymore. I can assume I will still defend you at times though, as I do not percieve you to be going further into error, just that you won't be learning any more.

I am considering leaving this forum wholly and permanently.

There were a few who I was staying for....that number has lessened significantly of late.

I do not want to fight for no reason which is what we are doing of we can't here one another.

leave me be;

peace

God's Truth

What in the heck are you talking about.

I said one is speaking of the quran and the other of personal gift of faith.

Please leave me alone.

You don't care to hear me and will not listen and I do not want to don't is for no reason.

Please please leave me alone.

You have made your choice.

Continue to conflate me with her all you want.

Just don't expect me to address or respond to you anymore. I can assume I will still defend you at times though, as I do not percieve you to be going further into error, just that you won't be learning any more.

I am considering leaving this forum wholly and permanently.

There were a few who I was staying for....that number has lessened significantly of late.

I do not want to fight for no reason which is what we are doing of we can't here one another.

leave me be;

peace

You even sound like the demons in the Bible..."Go away! What do you want with us,...", "What do you want with us,..."

Why do you want me to leave you alone so badly? You are here to debate, are you not?

popsthebuilder

You even sound like the demons in the Bible..."Go away! What do you want with us,...", "What do you want with us,..."

Why do you want me to leave you alone so badly? You are here to debate, are you not?
No. Good night gt....I am going to sleep

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Koran respects Jesus

Koran respects Jesus

God came in the flesh is what it means and islam doesn't believe it, just like you. The words I highlighted are telling you that you don't hear God's word.

All is a matter of interpretation, as Jesus is a special prophet of Allah, being God's servant, submitting to God's will, DOING God's will, which is the pattern Jesus revealed for us to do likewise.

'Allah' is just another name for 'God' (in Arabic).

John's passage must be contextually referenced for it claims Jesus as the Son of God come in the flesh, for the Spirit, water and blood testify of the Son. This is the main focus of John's letter. There is no reason or necessity for a Trinitarian interpretation here either, as 1 John 5:7-8 is an interpolation not found in the earliest manuscripts (conveniently added later by scribes).

I gather pops is referring to the Islamic view of Jesus being God's 'word' (message/messenger) made flesh (manifested) at a special place in time, although not in a Trinitarian sense, but a truly Unitarian sense. There is no emphasis on God having a Son or children, as Allah is regarded as so holy and transcendent as being unrelated to and different than all others. The koran does however retain the title 'Christ' for Jesus -

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.

-koran 3:45

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God is the Sun giving light and knowledge to all.......

God is the Sun giving light and knowledge to all.......

Oh, you mean the Jews who crucified the Lord of Glory when He came, and were without knowledge of God's righteousness. Gotcha.

All I wrote stands concerning true orthodox Abrahamic monotheism. Jesus and his original 12 apostles were true to the essentials of Judaism, and Islam as well (per monotheism) as there is no God but The one God (Allah, Elohim, YHWH).

As far as who crucified Jesus the Romans did, no matter how many Jews were instrumental in his death. The koran holds Jesus did not die thru crucifixion but God took him up to himself and he shall return again as God's messenger.

Hey pops, he speaking your language. Get your prayer rug and bow down to Allah. :wave:

I speak for myself and have done so adequately here and elsewhere, respecting the religious history and main principles of each tradition concerned, addressing the actual subject here, showing that the revelation of God is not exclusively constrained or limited to judeo-christian writings, because God is both universal and infinite.

God's Truth

2:136 We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them . . .

However, the Holy Bible says there is a difference.

Matthew 12:41
The men of Nineveh will stand at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now One greater than Jonah is here.

Matthew 12:42
The queen of the south will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and now One greater than Solomon is here.

Hebrews 3:3 3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.

A kingdom cannot stand against itself.

The Qur'an cannot say different things than the Holy Bible and still be called same.

God's Truth

Jesus was crucified. He is the greatest love.

John 15:30 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

Romans 1:4
and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by His resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him in our dealing with you.

4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";-but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.

popsthebuilder

Jesus was crucified. He is the greatest love.

John 15:30 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

Romans 1:4
and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by His resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him in our dealing with you.

4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";-but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.
We know the Spirit cannot be killed though the flesh is but temporary.

popsthebuilder

He was crucified and the Qur'an says he was not.
No, it says that He was, but that He didn't die.

You know the Spirit of GOD cannot die. You know Jesus was filled with the Spirit of GOD.

why argue on that point?

Do you really think the Spirit of Jesus was killed or just His physical body?

God's Truth

No, it says that He was, but that He didn't die.

You know the Spirit of GOD cannot die. You know Jesus was filled with the Spirit of GOD.

why argue on that point?

Do you really think the Spirit of Jesus was killed or just His physical body?

Galatians 3:1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

God's Truth

5:75 Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food.

God's Truth

Popsthebuilder,

I have read your testimony and there is no mention of the Qur'an in it. So why do you say that the Qur'an led you to Jesus?