Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Lon

And now we get to the root of the problem.

You using the opinions of other men to attempt to justify your assumption. you conflate the Quran and writing of the Baha'i to be dangerous to the Gospel because of the words of others, then you use the opinion of others to bolster your stance. Did you ever think one might call you out on it as I did many posts ago when I asked you to give your meaning or understanding and not those of others.
:chuckle: You ARE grumpy! Just as long as you know I had a 'little' help, I 1) first had a good half of them already and 2) am not alone in answering 'your' question so it can't be 'just' me with an answer you don't like. I'm sorry, I just cannot take you seriously right now. You've become a caricature of mean, old, and grumpy. I might need to get off your lawn while I'm at it and I'll try not to knock out your walker from under you while I'm running past. :e4e:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Word of God IS GOD. God IS SPIRIT.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Walk where you've been led......

John 16:13 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

God's Truth

Walk where you've been led......

John 16:13 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

What point are you trying to make?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What point are you trying to make?

That nobody has it all.

Philippians 3:12-16King James Version (KJV)

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

glorydaz

Begotten..... :think: :)

Bible Verses Like 1 John 5:18
“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.”

I don't think John is talking about Jesus coming in the flesh there.

1 John 5:1-2
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.​

That's okay by me.

I've said before I don't always differentiate.

I kinda think some of it comes down to the soul, same soul, man or lamb or GOD. :)

Last edited:

God's Truth

That nobody has it all.

Philippians 3:12-16King James Version (KJV)

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

What you do have is error.

God's Truth

:doh:

It was the Word of God who came in the flesh....not the Spirit of God.

It is ignorant false things like this that proves you don't know God at all.

You said the Word of God came in the flesh and the Spirit of God did not. hahahaha

I gave scripture that says GOD IS SPIRIT.

The Word of God IS GOD and God IS SPIRIT.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now read that scripture after being corrected:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the Spirit, and the Word was the Spirit.

Looks like you have to accept the truth and realize Jesus is the Spirit of God, or you can keep denying the Truth and dig a deeper hole.

popsthebuilder

You don't know the difference between Christian and whitewash. :chew:

You go right ahead and look at the outside, and pretend that you're clean.

You aren't. I can hear the venom seeping out of that mealy mouth of yours from way over here.
Never said I was perfect.

I hope on the Lord GOD.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments."

I am glad you seem to becoming slightly more works oriented. We all work one of two directions.

popsthebuilder

You don't know the difference between Christian and whitewash. :chew:

You go right ahead and look at the outside, and pretend that you're clean.

You aren't. I can hear the venom seeping out of that mealy mouth of yours from way over here.
But I am the accuser aye.

God's Truth

Never said I was perfect.

I hope on the Lord GOD.

You remind me of something she used to preach here all the time. She said when she sins she can say "What sins?" because Jesus washes them away right away and without her repenting of it.