Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

People become outspoken on the subject of rape because it gilds one's flashy moral compass.

It's disturbing to think about the amount of people who will perpetuate what one knows is a lie if it benefits them.

So you are not alone???

Arsenios

Arsenios

I have a rapist friend... He was an escaped con when I met him... Had to live the straight and narrow, but was addicted to raping women... It was a big city, and he befriended street hookers, took them to his place, got high with them, and lent them money - $100 normally - and the next week he would pick them up, take them to his place, get high, and ask for his money back, and would be refused, and he would then rape the hooker... The hooker would be back the next week, to get another loan...

So he straightened out some, got married, lived straight for some years... Divorce landed him in the clutches of the local FBI - She was pretty mad at him - And he went back to prison and completed his time plus the escape...

His re-arrest made the front page of the LA Times...

These kinds of passions are hard to overcome...

First off, you have to want to overcome them...

Then you have to get serious help...

Western psychotherapy is pretty clueless, except for a few mavericks...

And those few are not all that good...

It takes an Orthodox Christian Spiritual Father...

And good ones of these are also hard to find...

But they do exist, and can be found...

I haven't seen my friend in some 30 years...

He was going to remarry...

I pray for him...

Arsenios

Last edited:

Feral Phoenician

I've tried to write something numerous times, and every time, I discovered I'd violated HIPAA (inadvertently).

Since I was 19 (I'm now 32) I have worked in a Mental Health capacity. Been to University (ASU) for Psychology, plan on going back and eventually nabbing that PhD.

I cannot begin to tell you what rape does to it's victims, or what childhood sexual abuse does to it's victims. Their abusers are evil, meeting the criterion for a formal diagnosis of ether Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) or Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).

Do some people falsely claim rape? Yes. They are a minority. Do some people falsely claim sexual abuse? Yes. They are an extreme minority.

Don't let the inflammatory words of SJW's (Social Justice Warriors) fog your mind. You'll find precious few victims in their ranks. If you want "the straight dope", reading Andrew Vachss (and his wife, Alice) are a great way to start.

If you think rape/abuse can just be "shaken off", research Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) ,Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD), and Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD). You'll also discover the comorbidities that overlap.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...rape is an inconvenience...

Like death...

not like death - death is permanent..

Not really getting it then, are you.

pretty sure i am

death is permanent

rape is temporary

doser said:
rape, on the other hand, is a momentary instance of trauma that the victim can choose to internalize, dwell on and make a permanent scar on their psyche, and continually pick at
town said:
Rather, rape is usually a deeply scaring event

i suspect that one would indeed be scared :idunno:

town said:
, a trauma that may take years to recover from.

indeed, it may

in other cases, it may not

town said:
Many never fully do.

and many do

town said:
Your description of rape as an inconvenience was trivializing something

nonsense - it wasn't trivializing it, it was putting it in context

doser said:
or, the victim can choose to quit whining about it, get over it and get on with their life
town said:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, concludes another episode of "Ask a Sociopath". Keep those cards and letters coming and Sod will respond as quickly as is inhumanly possible. :thumb:

i see you're back to playing with your pop-culture understanding of sociopathy - always amusing to see a layman posturing as an expert :chuckle:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
"The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. 6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment."

If you're thinking of this passage a lot, you've probably lost the plot, and forgotten your first love.

Remember.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. 6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment."

If you're thinking of this passage a lot, you've probably lost the plot, and forgotten your first love.

Remember.

I have noticed that verse being repeatedly thrown out by at least one individual in an effort to green light and downplay any type of physical abuse (rape included) from a husband towards his wife.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

this passage refers to Christians, in a Christian marriage

non-Christians can do whatever the hell they want :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
pretty sure i am
Didn't get that one either then...this is going to take a while. :plain: Or, your posting is a blunderland.

I used death and a couple of other things in rebuttal and provided the contextual reason for people like Sod and Cruc, who might not understand otherwise. Here it is again:

"
Like death, taxes or the lion's share of your posts then. Well there's something to be said for grotesque understatement. And that certainly said it."

rape is temporary
The act, but what follows can do so for a lifetime, your empathy free valuation and advice notwithstanding.

it wasn't trivializing it, it was putting it in context
A trivial context. No reasonable person would describe rape as an inconvenience. It's beyond understatement. It's as trivializing as had you described someone else's cancer as an inconvenience.

Here's the advice that followed:
quit whining about it, get over it and get on with your life
That's missing something essential to being a human being...or at least a decent one.

i see you're back to playing with your pop-culture understanding of sociopathy
It's true that I'm not offering a professional diagnosis.

- always amusing to see a layman posturing as an expert
Well, no. Supra.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...attempting to play your typical, tiresome, eighth grade boy's attention-seeking games
Actually, it's called rebutting your latest nonsense. Given how you're trying to meet it, I'm satisfied on the point.

just go away, you silly tiresome bore - go seek attention from somebody who actually wants to read the crap you write
That just gets funnier and funnier every time you say it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.