Is America great?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have spent most of my time here speaking about child sacrifice trying to get Americans to wake and do something before God loses His patience and you tell me to "stay in Santiago". Please tell me what you mean then?

How about this: Stay in Santiago, sell or destroy your Laptop, and
sit in a corner and stare at the ceiling the rest of your life? Just a
personal suggestion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I have spent most of my time here speaking about child sacrifice trying to get Americans to wake and do something before God loses His patience and you tell me to "stay in Santiago". Please tell me what you mean then?

He's just being a jerk.

My countrymen as a rule don't take criticism well, and certainly not outside criticism.

bybee

He's just being a jerk.

My countrymen as a rule don't take criticism well, and certainly not outside criticism.

Indeed that is quite true.
Of course Americans have been labeled "Ugly" by Europeans for years because we visit their countries and don't conform to their standards of behavior.
Now, people come to America and call us "Ugly Americans" because we presume to continue complying to our own standards of behavior in our own country.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He's just being a jerk.

Especially from expats who begin their time here with thread titles like America the Prostitute or You are saved but your country is Not.

bybee

Especially from expats who begin their time here with thread titles like America the Prostitute or You are saved but your country is Not.

Indeed! Of course there is room for improvement in our country. And most of us are working on it.
But there is no other country to compare to this grand republic.
I am grateful to be here.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed! Of course there is room for improvement in our country. And most of us are working on it.
But there is no other country to compare to this grand republic.
I am grateful to be here.
Me too!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Indeed that is quite true.
Of course Americans have been labeled "Ugly" by Europeans for years because we visit their countries and don't conform to their standards of behavior.
Now, people come to America and call us "Ugly Americans" because we presume to continue complying to our own standards of behavior in our own country.

Many of us are obese, rude, and can barely speak our lingua franca (to say nothing of whatever language the locals use wherever we visit). I sympathize, to a degree. Probably doesn't help I live in a very popular destination for tourists pretty much year round. As the bumper sticker asks: "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many of us are obese, rude, and can barely speak our lingua franca (to say nothing of whatever language the locals use wherever we visit). I sympathize, to a degree. Probably doesn't help I live in a very popular destination for tourists pretty much year round. As the bumper sticker asks: "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"
Your lips to my beaches. :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame

This may be true (and a certain foreigner here who acts like he's an expert on American affairs is less informed than a wasp on a windshield). That said, I don't think self-reflection's ever been a big attribute of ours. MANIFEST DESTINY! HOT DOGS! AMERICA!:DK:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Getting back to the OP's question...

We're powerful, but I don't think that's a measure of "greatness" (unless we're talking about something "great and terrible," to get a little archaic).

What are we great at?

Sancocho

I don't hate the US, I hate our current administration and the fact that so few Americans can seem to bothered to do anything but vote for what benefits them.

In fact up until 2008 I had always defended my country, lumps and all, because I believed the good we do overwhelms the bad. That of course changed after starting to read a Protestant news source, World Net Daily, that was replete with facts and figures that opened my eyes, especially the magnitude of abortion. Furthermore, as I read the local news here in the Dominican Republic I could see first hand the US polices of promotion of abortion as legal homicide, promiscuity and homosexual marriage. The final straw was Obama's appointment of a gay activist, who true to any homosexual who embraces his condition, is an arrogant liar whose only goal is to corrupt our youth here. I also learned that while Latin American countries are poor they have been quite effective in resisting abortion and homosexual indoctrination, which caused me to call into question our "greatest political system" on the earth spiel.

Since I have embraced God's Word as a Catholic and then a Protestant I have no fear of the Truth and therefore have no fear of calling a a spade a spade. I am here to tell Americans PER GOD'S OWN WORD IN WHATEVER BIBLE YOU WANT that God will not stay silent forever.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't hate the US,
It doesn't come through and maybe the whole America/Prostitute wasn't the way to communicate the less general position that follows, but good to know.

I hate our current administration and the fact that so few Americans can seem to bothered to do anything but vote for what benefits them.
The last time I looked the electorate was about half and half. So a lot of people were less than thrilled about the current administration.

In fact up until 2008 I had always defended my country, lumps and all, because I believed the good we do overwhelms the bad.
I think that's an easy case to make as a society. As a government? Depends on how you approach it and it varies.

That of course changed after starting to read a Protestant news source, World Net Daily, that was replete with facts and figures that opened my eyes, especially the magnitude of abortion.
Sort of a skewed perspective there, but it makes sense that if that was your primary you'd have a pretty negative view of things.

Furthermore, as I read the local news here in the Dominican Republic I could see first hand the US polices of promotion of abortion as legal homicide, promiscuity and homosexual marriage.
Abortion I'm with you on. Promiscuity? I don't think that's in anyone's platform and homosexual marriage is the natural extension of the argument for individual civil liberty and a compact that isn't an extension of any particular religious view.

The final straw was Obama's appointment of a gay activist, who true to any homosexual who embraces his condition, is an arrogant liar whose only goal is to corrupt our youth here. I also learned that while Latin American countries are poor they have been quite effective in resisting abortion and homosexual indoctrination, which caused me to call into question our "greatest political system" on the earth spiel.
Individuals make moral choices. Nations either allow that latitude, with respect for individual rights balanced among one another, or they treat their populations like children. Ours takes the former route. How will that play out? It's still being worked out.

Since I have embraced God's Word as a Catholic and then a Protestant I have no fear of the Truth and therefore have no fear of calling a a spade a spade. I am here to tell Americans PER GOD'S OWN WORD IN WHATEVER BIBLE YOU WANT that God will not stay silent forever.
I don't think He's ever been silent. Do you mean the judgement? Well, we face that as individuals, not as nations. And I don't know of a nation without blood on its hands. Some more and some less and some do more good or less.

Sancocho

It doesn't come through and maybe the whole America/Prostitute wasn't the way to communicate the less general position that follows, but good to know.

The last time I looked the electorate was about half and half. So a lot of people were less than thrilled about the current administration.

I think that's an easy case to make as a society. As a government? Depends on how you approach it and it varies.

Sort of a skewed perspective there, but it makes sense that if that was your primary you'd have a pretty negative view of things.

Abortion I'm with you on. Promiscuity? I don't think that's in anyone's platform and homosexual marriage is the natural extension of the argument for individual civil liberty and a compact that isn't an extension of any particular religious view.

Individuals make moral choices. Nations either allow that latitude, with respect for individual rights balanced among one another, or they treat their populations like children. Ours takes the former route. How will that play out? It's still being worked out.

I don't think He's ever been silent. Do you mean the judgement? Well, we face that as individuals, not as nations. And I don't know of a nation without blood on its hands. Some more and some less and some do more good or less.

Actually the US is specifically promoting abortion, teen promiscuity and gay tourism sex here in the DR.

Call "it" what you want but I can post plenty of countries that since Christ have been vanquished and conspicuously their offenses are what God hates the most. The US is no different, it will fall. The blood and corruption exceed the average by a large margin.

BTW, the facts are the facts. As an engineer I can crunch numbers without the need for anyone to tell me results.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually the US is specifically promoting abortion, teen promiscuity and gay tourism sex here in the DR.
Then it should be easy to illustrate specifics. How is the U.S. government promoting teen promiscuity? Let's start with that one.

Sancocho

Then it should be easy to illustrate specifics. How is the U.S. government promoting teen promiscuity? Let's start with that one.

"Una elevada tasa de embarazos entre adolescentes sigue siendo motivo de preocupación. En el 2013 UNFPA estimaba que el 22 por ciento de las adolescentes habían estado embarazadas. Las elevadas tasas de embarazo contribuyeron al alto nivel de mortalidad materna: UNFPA encontró que el 19 por ciento de las muertes maternas ocurrieron entre adolescentes."

http://spanish.santodomingo.usembassy.gov/informe_ddhh-rd2014.html

El embarazo en las adolescentes es un problema de reconocida trascendencia.

http://www.unicef.org/republicadominicana/health_childhood_10191.htm

Embajador de EE.UU. deplora RD cierre las puertas al turismo gay

http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2015/02/25/embajador-.-deplora-cierre-las-puertas-turismo-gay

Embajador de EE.UU. en República Dominicana celebra mes de la igualdad

showimage.php

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...repblica-dominicana-celebra-mes-igualdad.html