Insults???

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You could just have just politely corrected me instead you just reinforce my question.

Pete ��
:wazzup:
Come on, that would be boring. Tiptoe through the tulips is not my style.
That is a cute little person figure you have, I'll say that

revpete

That is a cute little person figure you have, I'll say that

You find being polite boring not to mention scriptural? I agree with you about figure though. 😉

Pete 👤

glorydaz

You could just have just politely corrected me instead you just reinforce my question.

Pete ��

Don't take it so personally. I'm sure your intentions were good with this OP, but by taking every comment so personally, you are open to judging Ktoyou's delivery.....not "polite" enough. It ends up promoting the idea of making sure our coat of whitewash is in place and APPEARING righteous in the eyes of man rather than knowing what actually lies in the heart. For instance, I've been accused of being hateful when there was not an ounce of hate in my heart. What sounds hateful to one who is looking for hate, is often simply a matter of fact statement that was meant for rebuke or correction.

glorydaz

Amen. Life is too short to have to guard your every word. Oh, this might hurt his feeling. Oh, this might offend that one. Oh, she'll think I'm talking about her in particular. Then the moment is gone...the lull in the conversation is over and someone else is talking.

I've noticed the young can drone on and on and say nothing, and the elders just cut to the chase. Most of us reach a point in our lives when we are free to be who we are and if they don't like it they can turn away. :)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Usually because they have no answer to the OP, thus an Ad Hominum attack on the poster.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, there are good times being old. I especially like having lots of family, although they do drive me a bit cuckoo at times. :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
:sibbie:
The whole sensitivity thing is a bit silly. This is especially so when anyone makes a thread on the subject, why that is almost a request to being blasted a bit.

especially so

:jolly::jolly:

fzappa13

Why is it that so many on here find it necessary to resort to personal insults, does it mean that we allow the old nature to rule us when we should know better?

"The Bob" does this routinely and so his acolytes not only allow but encourage it at this web site with the result being that small groups of neg reppers/insulters form and try to shape the site in their desired image with impunity in the name of "truth smacking" ... for a while. Inevitably the atmosphere becomes so noxious that they have to be dealt with as they drive the thoughtful and civil into quiescence. Then the whole cycle starts over again. The whole muss and fuss is no doubt helpful in driving up the hit count necessary to maintain the advertisers necessary to maintain the site but eventually it requires the maintenance you are seeing now. Most of the folks that gravitated to this thread are the latest pack to have to be dealt with.

This is the rhythm of the site. For better or for worse. If things continue to form there will be something of a renaissance here at TOL in the not too distant future. Patience.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"The Bob" does this routinely and so his acolytes not only allow but encourage it at this web site with the result being that small groups of neg reppers/insulters form and try to shape the site in their desired image with impunity in the name of "truth smacking" ... for a while. Inevitably the atmosphere becomes so noxious that they have to be dealt with as they drive the thoughtful and civil into quiescence. Then the whole cycle starts over again. The whole muss and fuss is no doubt helpful in driving up the hit count necessary to maintain the advertisers necessary to maintain the site but it eventually it requires the maintenance you are seeing now. Most of the folks that gravitated to this thread are the latest pack to have to be dealt with.

This is the rhythm of the site. For better or for worse. If things continue to form there will be something of a renaissance here at TOL in the not too distant future. Patience.

Who are these Monsters?

glorydaz

:sibbie:
The whole sensitivity thing is a bit silly. This is especially so when anyone makes a thread on the subject, why that is almost a request to being blasted a bit.

especially so

:jolly::jolly:

"The Bob" does this routinely and so his acolytes not only allow but encourage it at this web site with the result being that small groups of neg reppers/insulters form and try to shape the site in their desired image with impunity in the name of "truth smacking" ... for a while. Inevitably the atmosphere becomes so noxious that they have to be dealt with as they drive the thoughtful and civil into quiescence. Then the whole cycle starts over again. The whole muss and fuss is no doubt helpful in driving up the hit count necessary to maintain the advertisers necessary to maintain the site but it eventually it requires the maintenance you are seeing now. Most of the folks that gravitated to this thread are the latest pack to have to be dealt with.

Fact versus Fiction

Conservative versus Liberal

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
latest