ECT If your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

Jamie Gigliotti

Why do you boast and claim "we must do" what God has done and is doing in us? He "created" us IN Christ Jesus. We are HIS workmanship and He has ORDAINED that we will walk in good works. Boasting is excluded by the law of faith. EXCLUDED.....means you can not do it and should not claim you are doing what He does.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

How is it boasting by urging what He says to do?

glorydaz

I promote sowing to the Holy Spirit, not works of the law; loving because of His love.
Why are you mad at me because God says, "do not become proud but fear" (Romans 11:20). If you choose to ignore Him on this that is your choice.

I'm not mad at you, I'm simply trying to get you to see you have no reason to fear. Romans 11 is not even talking about you. It's talking about nations.

Have you access to the whole armour of God? The helmet of salvation? The shield of faith? The breastplate of righteousness? That breastplate, by the way, is not your righteousness which would be too inadequate to stop the fiery darts of the enemy. It must be the righteousness of God. The sword of the Spirit is the word of God...wield it freely when satan comes along telling you to be afraid or doubt.

glorydaz

How is it boasting by urging what He says to do?

There is nothing wrong with encouraging others. There is nothing wrong with sharing your faults and how the Lord is teaching you to grow in grace. What is wrong is to suggest we must perform or even can perform anything well enough to either get saved or maintain our salvation. Our best efforts would never be good enough for either of those.

glorydaz

I am only trying to urge people to do what God says to do. I don't brag about doing it, but I do press on to perfection (Phiilipians 3), i will openly admit that in my past refusal, there was no hope, only misery, darkness, the house was left empty and the demons came back stronger.

There is no hope and only misery for us all before we're saved. There are even times as we walk through this world where we go through times of misery because we refuse to heed the promptings of the Spirit within. We're sitting in our rooms with our arms crossed kicking our toys and making ourselves miserable. But, that doesn't mean for even half a second that we are in danger of being kicked out into the darkness of night. It doesn't mean we can sneak out without being seen and kept by our loving Father from harm. We may fall into a hole, and we may even think we somehow manage to claw and crawl our way out. But, in truth, He sees our attempt and reaches down, grabs us by the scruff of the neck, and enfolds us in His loving arms. If you stop and think about it, you'll admit that's what you've been describing. I've been there....I know how it works. :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am only trying to urge people to do what God says to do. I don't brag about doing it, but I do press on to perfection (Phiilipians 3), i will openly admit that in my past refusal, there was no hope, only misery, darkness, the house was left empty and the demons came back stronger.

Yes God will lick you into shape...that is cause for comfort not alarm

Jamie Gigliotti

There is no hope and only misery for us all before we're saved. There are even times as we walk through this world where we go through times of misery because we refuse to heed the promptings of the Spirit within. We're sitting in our rooms with our arms crossed kicking our toys and making ourselves miserable. But, that doesn't mean for even half a second that we are in danger of being kicked out into the darkness of night. It doesn't mean we can sneak out without being seen and kept by our loving Father from harm. We may fall into a hole, and we may even think we somehow manage to claw and crawl our way out. But, in truth, He sees our attempt and reaches down, grabs us by the scruff of the neck, and enfolds us in His loving arms. If you stop and think about it, you'll admit that's what you've been describing. I've been there....I know how it works. :)

I know what you are saying, He never stopped loving me, but He did not force me to come back.

Jamie Gigliotti

His presence gives me all the comfort, hope I need, more than I ever imagined. OSAS does nothing except invite complacency in our relationship with Our Father, and our Lord Jesus.

glorydaz

No it's free for the taking.

Will we sow to Him. Christ didn't die for robot making, He died for love. Love can not be forced. I can not convince you of this. Only He can...

You're not listening. Talk about robots....you got the walk and you got the talk. :nono:

Those of us who are members of the body of Christ understand quite well that we are not robots. He is the Head that tells the hand when to reach out, and tells the foot when to take a step. If you can't see that, then perhaps you haven't yet been crucified with Christ. Perhaps you are still trying in the flesh to do what only God can do for you. Like the Jews...a great zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:2-3
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

glorydaz

His presence gives me all the comfort, hope I need, more than I ever imagined. OSAS does nothing except invite complacency in our relationship with Our Father, and our Lord Jesus.

Nonsense. Your only "comfort" comes from depending on your own faithfulness. Mine comes from HIS faithfulness.

glorydaz

Yes God will lick you into shape...that is cause for comfort not alarm

Indeed. Man will lay on beds of nails, and beat himself about the shoulders with chains, and go without eating for days, but he always ends up patting himself on the back for those efforts. God's ways are not our ways....they are always higher and effective. ;)

Jamie Gigliotti

You're not listening. Talk about robots....you got the walk and you got the talk. :nono:

Those of us who are members of the body of Christ understand quite well that we are not robots. He is the Head that tells the hand when to reach out, and tells the foot when to take a step. If you can't see that, then perhaps you haven't yet been crucified with Christ. Perhaps you are still trying in the flesh to do what only God can do for you. Like the Jews...a great zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:2-3
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​
There is nothing good in me besides Him.

musterion

Indeed. Man will lay on beds of nails, and beat himself about the shoulders with chains, and go without eating for days, but he always ends up patting himself on the back for those efforts. God's ways are not our ways....they are always higher and effective. ;)

The flesh profiteth nothing.

Works-driven religion = flesh.

To deny UESIC, one may be saved and deceived but it's almost always a sign of someone who simply does not fully trust Christ to save him and keep him safe. In that case, flesh is all that's left to trust in.