If you sincerely follow the Holy Spirit, He will lead you to the Catholic Church

Lon

If you sincerely follow the Holy Spirit, He will lead you to the Catholic Church
...you will ... be led there b/c that is part of Christendom...

Deuteronomy 24:1-4 or 1 Corinthians 7 ?

The Reformation was a declaration that the RC was unfaithful and a call to her to come back to her first-love. Because those 95 infractions were upheld instead of repented of, the Reformation happened. It has been asked often on TOL "Who gave Martin Luther authority?" As a member of the Body, he had the power of that body to decry another's abuse of members of the same body. Roman 12:5 When it comes to disassociating with an abusive spouse, God gave grounds for divorce, though it is not what is desired/intended.

The Catholic church, imho, is a long way from rectifying and in regards to divorce, are unacceptable courting Reformed church members who belong to these institutions. It is like trying to 'remarry' those divorcees (read those scriptures). We weren't kidding about the Reformation. It doesn't matter to me 'who' you list, as a returnee, this is no precedence for a non-Catholic. Because you are Catholic, and much more, think like one, these kind of 'authority' maneuvers impress you, but it is precisely these that made the Reformation happen in the first place. It is odd to me that Catholics often try to court/draw Protestants ( it is rarely seen the other way around). For me to be 'drawn' to the RC would be a denial of the Reformation and it's more than legitimate complaint and separating event.

I embrace that divorce, because of abuse, as necessary and legitimate. That is the end of the story as far as I'm concerned.

God's Truth

You may have an aversion to the Roman Catholic Church, don't want to go there, heard so many odd and unkosher sounding things about it..

But you will nonetheless be led there b/c that is part of Christendom...

and if you study history of the Church (from reliable sources) you will learn more and more about this historic Church, THE Church... (but you don't believe that yet) and you will learn more and more and

well...

2 words

Scott Hahn

(Why re-invent the wheel? He has done all the research for you)

He was once anti-Catholic, but he, unlike most anti-Catholics here, STUDIED... and studied and studied... He studied so that he could prove Catholicism was WRONG... but he could not do that...

He has read literally THOUSANDS of books on theology... by Catholics and non-Catholics..

and most of you know what happened..

___

Catholics do not respect the written Word of God. Catholics think they can add to it with their Catechism.

The Catholic church went apostate from Jesus' teachings.

StanJ

Funny because when I was filled with the Holy Spirit, as a RC, it was IN a Pentecostal church where I was also saved. At that time (1971), this was NOT happening in the RCC, and it STILL doesn't.

Cruciform

Catholics do not respect the written Word of God.
GT likes to confuse her preferred interpretations of the written word of God with "God's word" itself. No, Catholics simply do not respect GT's personal interpretations (opinions) of God's word. Big difference there.

Catholics think they can add to it with their Catechism.
No Catholic would claim that the Catechism is "Scripture," so we can hardly think that it "adds to Scripture." Try again.

The Catholic Church went apostate from Jesus' teachings.
Post the historical date and precise doctrine concerning which the Catholic Church supposedly "went apostate."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Dan Emanuel

Deuteronomy 24:1-4 or 1 Corinthians 7 ?

The Reformation was a declaration that the RC was unfaithful and a call to her to come back to her first-love. Because those 95 infractions were upheld instead of repented of, the Reformation happened. It has been asked often on TOL "Who gave Martin Luther authority?" As a member of the Body, he had the power of that body to decry another's abuse of members of the same body. Roman 12:5 When it comes to disassociating with an abusive spouse, God gave grounds for divorce, though it is not what is desired/intended.

The Catholic church, imho, is a long way from rectifying and in regards to divorce, are unacceptable courting Reformed church members who belong to these institutions. It is like trying to 'remarry' those divorcees (read those scriptures). We weren't kidding about the Reformation. It doesn't matter to me 'who' you list, as a returnee, this is no precedence for a non-Catholic. Because you are Catholic, and much more, think like one, these kind of 'authority' maneuvers impress you, but it is precisely these that made the Reformation happen in the first place. It is odd to me that Catholics often try to court/draw Protestants ( it is rarely seen the other way around). For me to be 'drawn' to the RC would be a denial of the Reformation and it's more than legitimate complaint and separating event.

I embrace that divorce, because of abuse, as necessary and legitimate. That is the end of the story as far as I'm concerned.
Protestantism is definitely an interesting experiment. Lets start over, with just our Bible's to guide us.

'Fact is thats not how the actual Church started. The Bible (including the New Testament and the Greek Old Testament) was the Churches' idea. The Christian Bible is a product of the Church, not the other way around. So to "re-start" the Church based "solely" on the Bible, ought to lead you right back to the Church herself, if the Church did it right; and thats the point of the O.P.

Daniel

God's Truth

GT likes to confuse her preferred interpretations of the written word of God with "God's word" itself. No, Catholics simply do not respect GT's personal interpretations (opinions) of God's word. Big difference there.

No Catholic would claim that the Catechism is "Scripture," so we can hardly think that it "adds to Scripture." Try again.

Post the historical date and precise doctrine concerning which the Catholic Church supposedly "went apostate."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Prayers for the dead and sign of the cross, approximately began in 310 AD.

Veneration to angels and dead "Saints", approx. 375.

The worship of Mary, and giving her the title "Mother of God", approx. 431.

Priests begin to dress elaborately, 500 AD.

The doctrine of purgatory, 593.

A chosen language for use, even though it would be an unknown language to a parishioner...the Latin language was chosen as the language of prayer and worship in churches, 600 AD.

The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the emperor Phocas, 610 AD.

The kissing of the Pope's feet, 709 AD.

Worship of the cross, images and relics, 788.

Canonization of dead saints, 795 AD.

Holy Water, water mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, 850 AD.

Fasting on Fridays and during Lent, 998 AD.

The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.

The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII, 1079 AD.

The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans.

The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion.

The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin, 1190 AD.

The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed upon by Pope Innocent III, in the year 1215.
The priests from all over the world pretends to perform daily a miracle by changing the wafers into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive. The Lord's Supper is remembrance of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. See Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; 1st Corinthians 11:26.

Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council, 1215 AD.

The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius, 1220 AD.

The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia, 1229 AD.

The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, and English monk, 1287 AD.

The Ave Maria, 1508 AD. The Hail Mary (sometimes called the "Angelical salutation", sometimes, from the first words in its Latin form, the "Ave Maria") is the most familiar of all the prayers used by the Universal Church in honour of our Blessed Lady.

It is commonly described as consisting of three parts. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07110b.htm

The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible.

The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent, 1546 AD,

The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles.

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX, 1834 AD.

In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility.

In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

You may have an aversion to the Roman Catholic Church, don't want to go there, heard so many odd and unkosher sounding things about it..

But you will nonetheless be led there b/c that is part of Christendom...

and if you study history of the Church (from reliable sources) you will learn more and more about this historic Church, THE Church... (but you don't believe that yet) and you will learn more and more and

well...

2 words

Scott Hahn

(Why re-invent the wheel? He has done all the research for you)

He was once anti-Catholic, but he, unlike most anti-Catholics here, STUDIED... and studied and studied... He studied so that he could prove Catholicism was WRONG... but he could not do that...

He has read literally THOUSANDS of books on theology... by Catholics and non-Catholics..

and most of you know what happened..

___

Nope

Ben Masada

I don't think Catholics are wrong. We all are different, but we have a common denominator in Jesus.

A common denominator in Jesus or in Paul? I am sure you won't deny that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism. How could Catholics have a common denominator in the Judaism of Jesus when we seem not to agree with any thing about each other?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+[/FONT]

Prayers for the dead and sign of the cross, approximately began in 310 AD.

Veneration to angels and dead "Saints", approx. 375.

The worship of Mary, and giving her the title "Mother of God", approx. 431.

Priests begin to dress elaborately, 500 AD.

The doctrine of purgatory, 593.

A chosen language for use, even though it would be an unknown language to a parishioner...the Latin language was chosen as the language of prayer and worship in churches, 600 AD.

The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the emperor Phocas, 610 AD.

The kissing of the Pope's feet, 709 AD.

Worship of the cross, images and relics, 788.

Canonization of dead saints, 795 AD.

Holy Water, water mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, 850 AD.

Fasting on Fridays and during Lent, 998 AD.

The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.

The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII, 1079 AD.

The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans.

The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion.

The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin, 1190 AD.

The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed upon by Pope Innocent III, in the year 1215.
The priests from all over the world pretends to perform daily a miracle by changing the wafers into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive. The Lord's Supper is remembrance of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. See Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; 1st Corinthians 11:26.

Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council, 1215 AD.

The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius, 1220 AD.

The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia, 1229 AD.

The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, and English monk, 1287 AD.

The Ave Maria, 1508 AD. The Hail Mary (sometimes called the "Angelical salutation", sometimes, from the first words in its Latin form, the "Ave Maria") is the most familiar of all the prayers used by the Universal Church in honour of our Blessed Lady.

It is commonly described as consisting of three parts. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07110b.htm

The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible.

The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent, 1546 AD,

The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles.

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX, 1834 AD.

In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility.

In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.

CRUCIFORM...

Would you please address each of these in this list that you asked for? I'd like to see your response to each item and date. Thanks.

Dan Emanuel

A common denominator in Jesus or in Paul? I am sure you won't deny that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism. How could Catholics have a common denominator in the Judaism of Jesus when we seem not to agree with any thing about each other?
The Holy Catholic Church is you're birthright.

Daniel

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Addressed here, here, here, here, and here.

Links? And likely from biased sources?

Why not directly and succintly address questions that someone took time to posit in response to your demands for detailed doctrines that are at issue?

THIS is why no one can take you seriously. You default to others to answer questions and evade directly doing so yourself.

You did not address even one line of what was posted. Links are only relevant to support your own conversation and contentions.

Why can't you actually defend your position? At least take the time to copy material from the links into responses to each item addressed.

You are the reason so many will never consider Catholicism. And I think that's great, personally.

God's Truth

Links? And likely from biased sources?

Why not directly and succintly address questions that someone took time to posit in response to your demands for detailed doctrines that are at issue?

THIS is why no one can take you seriously. You default to others to answer questions and evade directly doing so yourself.

You did not address even one line of what was posted. Links are only relevant to support your own conversation and contentions.

Why can't you actually defend your position? At least take the time to copy material from the links into responses to each item addressed.

You are the reason so many will never consider Catholicism. And I think that's great, personally.

That is kind of you. Thank you for acknowledging the effort I went through to show Catholics, and here especially Cruciform, to show him the dates of the false doctrines of the Catholic denomination.

I figured that Cruciform would reply with links. I wish that he would consider what he stands up for, and see that he is in love with the Catholic church and against God's Word.

Dan Emanuel

That is kind of you. Thank you for acknowledging the effort I went through to show Catholics, and here especially Cruciform, to show him the dates of the false doctrines of the Catholic denomination.

I figured that Cruciform would reply with links. I wish that he would consider what he stands up for, and see that he is in love with the Catholic church and against God's Word.
The Holy Catholic Church is the Church in Gods Word.

Daniel

God's Truth

Thats what the papacy teach's. My guess is that Peter taught that well before you ever did, so if your going to beat that drum, you have to give credit where its due.

Decide for yourself if the Catholic denomination, or you personally go against God.

Do you add to the written Word?

Do you go by the traditions of men?

Do you call your brothers in Christ 'father'?

Do you use others as mediator between God and you?

Do you, or your denomination water baptize those who have not repented?

Does anyone in your church take the seat of most importance?

Does anyone in you r church wear long flowing robes, and allow others to bow to them, even kissing their feet?

Do you, or anyone in your denomination teach the bowing to statues, pictures, and relics (objects belonging to 'saint')?

The Holy Catholic Church is the Church, not some denomination.

Daniel

It is another false denomination.