ECT If MAD is False Why Did Paul Make the Distinction in Romans 4:16?

Right Divider

Body part
Ok, so you're telling me there is no prophecies about the body which has been around for almost 2,000 years, twice as long as this "millennial" kingdom, that is for Jew and Gentile and breaks down the barrier between the two, that Jesus died for, that forgives man's sin and gives us the hope of eternal life. No word till Paul?
That body began with the apostle Paul. See 1 Tim 1:16

NOTE: The blood of Christ is for ALL; both Israel and the church which is His body.

turbosixx

That body began with the apostle Paul. See 1 Tim 1:16

NOTE: The blood of Christ is for ALL; both Israel and the church which is His body.

His body is Israel.

What does Paul mean by this?

2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Right Divider

Body part
What did Paul do to establish the body?
1Cor 3:10 (KJV)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Paul was very careful NOT to build upon another man's foundation.
Rom 15:20 (KJV)
(15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Once again, just like you are following the wrong PATTERN, you are also building on the wrong FOUNDATION.

turbosixx

1Cor 3:10 (KJV)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

You stopped short. There is only one foundation.

11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Same foundation the twelve laid. It says apostles, plural, not Paul.

Eph. 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

Right Divider

Body part
You stopped short. There is only one foundation.

11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Same foundation the twelve laid. It says apostles, plural, not Paul.

Eph. 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
Same LORD Jesus Christ.... TWO foundations LAID.

Keep trying to justify your confusion.

turbosixx

Same LORD Jesus Christ.... TWO foundations LAID.

Keep trying to justify your confusion.

Two foundations is confusing. Just like saying there's one baptism when we see people being water baptized, even by Paul. That's confusing. The one baptism is water and there's only one foundation LAID, Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Two foundations is confusing.
Only for someone like you that refuses to listen to scripture.

Just like saying there's one baptism when we see people being water baptized, even by Paul. That's confusing. The one baptism is water and there's only one foundation LAID, Christ.
It's the BIBLE that says that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ.

ONE baptism is WATER?

You're lost boy.

turbosixx

So YOU think that the foundation that Paul said that HE laid and the foundation that Paul said that another man laid and that HE did NOT want to build upon are the SAME one? :juggle:

How many times can a foundation be laid?

Paul didn't want to build on an existing foundation. He wanted to get the word to those who hadn't heard.

20 And thus I aspired to preach the gospel, not where Christ was already named, so that I would not build on another man's foundation;

21 but as it is written,

"They who had no news of Him shall see,

And they who have not heard shall understand."

Still the same foundation, Christ.

turbosixx

It's the BIBLE that says that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ.

ONE baptism is WATER?

You're lost boy.

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body,

Now these Corinthians were water baptized into Jesus' name by Paul and other men.
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

So you believe that when Paul says
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body,, they will know he's NOT talking about their water baptism?

Wouldn't that be two baptism?

Right Divider

Body part
Paul didn't want to build on an existing foundation. He wanted to get the word to those who hadn't heard.

20 And thus I aspired to preach the gospel, not where Christ was already named, so that I would not build on another man's foundation;

21 but as it is written,

"They who had no news of Him shall see,

And they who have not heard shall understand."

Still the same foundation, Christ.
Paul said that HE was a MASTER BUILDER and that HE LAID a FOUNDATION.

Of course I can understand that CHRIST is the underlying foundation of BOTH of THOSE foundations. Sadly, you cannot.

Gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of the grace of God, no matter how much you object to what God is doing.

Right Divider

Body part
13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body,

Now these Corinthians were water baptized into Jesus' name by Paul and other men.
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

So you believe that when Paul says
For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body,, they will know he's NOT talking about their water baptism?

Wouldn't that be two baptism?
Paul says that there is ONE baptism and YOU claimed that it was WATER.

You are a dummy.

Right Divider

Body part
Is this the ONE baptism Paul is talking about or is there more than one?

16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas

Maybe so, but I don't have to make excuses why Paul practiced water baptism even thought YOU SAY this isn't the ONE baptism.
Paul discontinued the water ceremony when God sent him NOT to baptize (with water), but to preach the gospel.

1Cor 1:17 (KJV)
(1:17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

You just won't give up your earthly kingdom. :loser:

How utterly foolish YOU are to claim that the ONE baptism is WATER.

turbosixx

Paul discontinued the water ceremony when God sent him NOT to baptize (with water), but to preach the gospel.

1Cor 1:17 (KJV)
(1:17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

You just won't give up your earthly kingdom. :loser:

How utterly foolish YOU are to claim that the ONE baptism is WATER.

Ok, thanks for your time.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:AMR:

Rom 1:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

They never wonder what this means.... or even notice it at all.
They surely do not. The blind running around claiming they can see. The seeing-eye dogs have glaucoma.

You'll have to explain to me how "at hand" isn't soon and this verse as well.

Lk. 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God."
"At hand" meant it was ready, at that moment.

It amazes me that you think God is incapable of changing His mind if His conditions aren't met. You do know the story of Jonah and Nineveh, don't you?

Just because you say it's conditional doesn't make it conditional. Where is your proof and what are the conditions?
The conditions are that Israel recognize the Messiah. he proof they didn't is that they were cut off and the Gentiles were brought in without the law to provoke Israel to jealousy.

Your passage proves your premises false. Two groups. One way. Jesus, faith, grace.
One group of faith and the other of the Law. Looks like two different paths to me. Both following Jesus.

Do you know the Greek word for dispensation? The word Paul actually used?

οἰκονομία

Strong's Definition

From G3623; administration (of a household or estate); specifically a (religious) “economy”: - dispensation, stewardship.

It comes from the word οἰκονόμος meaning:

Strong's Definition

From G3624 and the base of G3551; a house distributor (that is, manager), or overseer, that is, an employee in that capacity; by extension a fiscal agent (treasurer); figuratively a preacher (of the Gospel): - chamberlain, governor, steward.

In turn coming from the words οἶκος meaning:

Strong's Definition

Of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literally or figuratively); by implication a family (more or less related, literally or figuratively): - home, house (-hold), temple.

...and νόμος meaning:

Strong's Definition

From a primary word νέμω nemō (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), generally (regulation), specifically (of Moses [including the volume]; also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle): - law.

So, dispensation essentially means "house law," or "house rules." The dispensation of grace is new house rules.

Scripture is how I know it's been established and Jesus isn't a liar.
And that Scripture would be?

Or is your argument simply that He said it would be, so it must have been even though the Bible never explicitly says that it was?

Conditionality is true but you have to go with the last one given. That would be that they would recognize Messiah once they sang Ps 118 about him. Some did and joined the mission to the nations. Which was where the whole movement was going. it was not nor is ever going to a Davidic theocracy.
You don't think God will implement a theocracy during the millenial reign of Christ?

That's what I was thinking about you. I can see Paul and James in agreement. I see the apostles and Paul teaching the same thing. You have to discredit most of it for it to be in agreement in your mind.
Then exegete the passages for us and show us the agreement. Show us how they are in agreement.

Is this the ONE baptism Paul is talking about or is there more than one?

16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas

Maybe so, but I don't have to make excuses why Paul practiced water baptism even thought YOU SAY this isn't the ONE baptism.
Is the one baptism with water, as John baptized, or with the Spirit and fire, as John said Jesus would baptize?

If it is water then it cannot be with the Spirit and fire...