ECT If David Calls Him 'Lord'

TweetyBird

Does not.

Those of Israel who believed, believed that He was the promised Messiah and that He was the one who would rule from David's throne....Jerusalem.
They worshipped Him as Messiah, Lord and King.

Nowhere in the Scriptures does it say that Christ is now sitting or ruling from David's throne.

Matt 21
4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ***, and a colt the foal of an ***.

6 And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, 7 and brought the ***, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. 8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. 10 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? 11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

Mark 11
7 And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. 8 And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

John 12
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***’s colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matt 21
4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ***, and a colt the foal of an ***.

No doubt 'that part' was fulfilled, but what about the rest of it?
Zechariah said more than that.

6 And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, 7 and brought the ***, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. 8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. 10 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? 11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

Mark 11
7 And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. 8 And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way. 9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

John 12
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***’s colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

They were quoting Ps 118 concerning their promised Messiah and King.
There's whole lot more in Ps 118.

Besides that, the Lord said in Mt 23 that Jerusalem(the head of the nation) would again quote Ps 118 in the future when they called upon Him and blessed Him.

andyc

I think he's a she.

Ah ......A shevangelical.

Those barean types that want to put everyone straight are all over the Web.
I gotta say, however, they're a safe haven for those taking the first step. John macarthur, Rob Bowman, Dave Hunt etc, are straighter than a ruler, but usually not satisfying enough for those wanting more.

TweetyBird

Where in these verses does it say that Christ is now seated and ruling from David's throne?

Please highlight it for me/us.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Colossians 1:13
who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

1 Thessalonians 2:12
that ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Peter 1:11
for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Revelation 15:3
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Revelation 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 19:16
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 22
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Rev 3
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Rev 5
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

andyc

Yep

Obviously the sceptre shall not depart from Judah, which means Jesus remains a priest forever in the order of melchizedek. He's the king of kings.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
....and a believing remnant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel are promised the inheritance of the land forever with their Messiah ruling from David's throne.

GOD said, "I will not lie to David, nor alter the thing that has gone forth from my mouth."
Yeppers.
And David was anointed king long before he sat on the throne.

TweetyBird

No doubt 'that part' was fulfilled, but what about the rest of it?
Zechariah said more than that.

They were quoting Ps 118 concerning their promised Messiah and King.
There's whole lot more in Ps 118.

Besides that, the Lord said in Mt 23 that Jerusalem(the head of the nation) would again quote Ps 118 in the future when they called upon Him and blessed Him.

Both Matthew and John quoted the prophecy and said it was fulfilled. Zech 9 looks to me like it's all been fulfilled in Christ.

John 13
13 took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***’s colt. 1

Matt 21

andyc

Yeppers.
And David was anointed king long before he sat on the throne.

So does David stand down and let Jesus rule?

It's funny watching the hyper dispies trying to explain this stuff.
The Son of David is the king of David?

Talk about failing to detach the spiritual from the natural.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Yep. Done.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Yep, the certain promise, Ps 45:6.

Yep, the certain irrevocable promise.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Christ was raised up 'to sit' on David's throne.
Indeed, He was.

31 he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Vs 31 refers to:

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

....as prophecied by David in Psa 16:10 and says nothing about David's throne but only refers to Christ's resurrection from the dead.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Yes, indeed witnessed by credible, faithful men and believed by those who believe their testimony.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Yes exalted to the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne which has existed since the beginning of creation. Christ now sits at the Father's right hand as Scripture frequently affirms.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens:

Nope, David was prophecying about his descendent, the Lord Jesus to be raised from the dead and exalted to the right hand of the Father in heaven.

but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Indeed, Christ is sitting at the right hand of the Father in heaven.

The pertinent verse is:

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

This verse says that Christ was raised up 'to sit' on David's throne, which I whole-heartedly always affirm. It does not say that Christ is now sitting on David's throne.

The Lord Himself states that He will sit on that throne at His second coming Mt 25:31, which is in harmony with all the prophets.

Scripture is in harmony with Scripture and doesn't contradict.

I may address those other verses later.
I've go work to do, now.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You have trouble with comprehension and well, just everyday life don't you?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
He was anointed to be king, and was not called king until he became king of Israel. Jesus IS King.

He's not King of Israel until a believing remnant which survives as the nation of Israel receives Him as King of Israel and He rules from David's throne.

The Lord Jesus calls Himself 'the Son of man' in:

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

He calls Himself 'King' after He sits on His glorious throne:

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Note that the Kingdom of Messiah begins at the judgement of the nations, at Christ's second coming.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

David died and Solomon ruled from his father's throne.

Solomon died and Rehoboam ruled from his grandfather's throne....the throne of David.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He was anointed to be king, and was not called king until he became king of Israel. Jesus IS King.
David was chosen as king by GOD.

David did not take the throne right away.
David served others (tending livestock for his family, serving king Saul, and killing Goliath).
He LATER sat on his throne and was then served as king.

When Jesus came the first time, He did not come to be served (as a king would be); He came to serve. (Matt 20:28 and Mark 10:45)
It will be LATER when Christ sits on David's throne (and will be served as king).

Matthew 25:31 KJV
(31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Hasn't happened yet.