I YHWH will raise unto David a righteous Branch, a King over the Earth

beameup

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a KING, and without a prince, and without a SACRIFICE, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

Afterward shall the children of Israel RETURN, and seek YHWH their God, and David their KING; and shall fear YHWH and his goodness in the latter days.
- Hosea 3:4-5

This is currently a work-in-progress (since 1948). Messiah will return

chair

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a KING, and without a prince, and without a SACRIFICE, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

Afterward shall the children of Israel RETURN, and seek YHWH their God, and David their KING; and shall fear YHWH and his goodness in the latter days.
- Hosea 3:4-5

This is currently a work-in-progress (since 1948). Messiah will return

I suppose that the State of Israel is a Christian creation?

beameup

I suppose that the State of Israel is a Christian creation?

co·nun·drum = a confusing and difficult problem to solve :sherlock:

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a KING, and without a prince, and without a SACRIFICE

The Temple (with sacrifices) is the next item on the "agenda" (right after the Psalm 83 War). :rapture:

beameup

The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; He will not turn from it;
Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

For the LORD hath chosen Zion; He hath desired it for His habitation.
This is My rest forever: here I will dwell; for I have desired it.

- Psalm 132:11,13,14

COGTHW

“Behold, the days are coming,” declares YHWH,
“When I will raise up for David a Righteous BRANCH;
And He will reign as King and act wisely
And do justice and righteousness in the Earth.

Jeremiah 23:5

The Messiah you are talking about has already come. His name is Jesus. 'Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.' Isaiah 7:14 That is Jesus. 23 'Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.' Matthew 1:23 ; you are looking for the Messiah which is Jesus to come back and gather the 12 tribes of Israel you are not part of that unless you are a Hebrew man of FLESH and a virgin. 4 'These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.' Revelation 14:4 : Revelation 14:1 'And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.'

beloved57

“Behold, the days are coming,” declares YHWH,
“When I will raise up for David a Righteous BRANCH;
And He will reign as King and act wisely
And do justice and righteousness in the Earth.

Jeremiah 23:5

This is speaking of Jesus Christ, the Head of His Body the Church !

beloved57

Thus speaketh YHWH of hosts, saying, Behold the MAN whose name is The BRANCH; and HE shall grow up out of his place, and HE shall build the Temple of the LORD: Even HE shall build the Temple of the LORD; and HE shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon HIS Throne; and he shall be a Priest upon HIS Throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. - Zechariah 6:12-13

This is speaking of Christ, for He has built the Temple of the Lord 1 Cor 3:16

[FONT=&quot]Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

[/FONT]
Eph 2:20-21

[FONT=&quot] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:[/FONT]
1Pet 2:5

[FONT=&quot]Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

[/FONT]
That spiritual house is a Temple !

beameup

This is speaking of Christ, for He has built the Temple of the Lord 1 Cor 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? Eph 2:20-21

The Old Testament clearly states that Messiah will sit upon David's Throne, and receive Worship.

Interplanner

The Old Testament clearly states that Messiah will sit upon David's Throne, and receive Worship.

But the OT has clearly been interped by the NT. The coronation of Christ was the resurrection. How can the Christ then be David's son?--as Jesus asked in the final week, Mt 22:45. Of course, the lineage is there, but obviously the Christ is bigger than lineage, being God. He brought the kingdom made without human hands; he is to be preached as Lord or as 'King' as Acts 17:7 implies.

The problem is not that OT passages are being denied but that they need to be seen as true in Christ. The Christian proclamation of Christ as Lord and as King of Kings is utterly daring: you are asking Caesar, Charlemagne, Putin, Kai-Shek, and Obama to kneel to Christ as Lord of this world. Not to overthrow governments but to honor the Son.

The NT does not see a re-instated Judaistic theocracy on this earth; it is the NHNE after this world is consumed by the fire of the day of judgement. That's why no NT passage about the 2nd coming has any Judaistic detail to it, which I have listed 100x.

Ben Masada

“Behold, the days are coming,” declares YHWH, “When I will raise up for David a Righteous BRANCH; And He will reign as King and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the Earth Jeremiah 23:5.

The righteous Branch raised up for David was not a king but Judah his own Tribe, the Southern Kingdom which was promised for the sake of David to be a Lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I Kings 11:36)

Ben Masada

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a KING, and without a prince, and without a SACRIFICE, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel RETURN, and seek YHWH their God, and David their KING; and shall fear YHWH and his goodness in the latter days. - Hosea 3:4-5 This is currently a work-in-progress (since 1948). Messiah will return.

Only that you are going to wait for another 2000 years. Now, if you change into believing in the collective concept of Messiah as I do, the Messiah has returned three times already. First time from Egypt when Moses, the Messianic leader guided the Messiah back to the Promised Land.

The second time around,from Babylon when, according to Isaiah 45:1, Cyrus was the
anointed one for his role to proclaim freedom for the Jews and financing the rebuilding of the Temple. The third and last time was from the four corners of the earth when the Messianic leader aka Theodor Herzl sacrificed his life to induce the Jews in exile with love for Zion. In 1948 the third Jewish Commonwealth was proclaimed as if the Temple had been rebuilt.

Now, where was Jesus during all these developments? When he was born, Israel was under
the control of a foreign power, during his lifetime that domination did not change
and, after he died Jerusalem was destroyed and the People thrown into another exile of
almost 2000 years. Sorry to say this but, contrary to our expectations, Jesus could not classify even as a Messianic leader, let alone the Messiah.

Last edited:

COGTHW

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions. Matthew 22 ; Jesus is the LORD AKA YHWH : The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. Psalms 110 David knew who Jesus was. Wait...right hand.?? 'Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.' 1 Peter 3:22

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

COGTHW

Only that you are going to wait for another 2000 years. Now, if you change into believing in the collective concept of Messiah as I do, the Messiah has returned three times already. First time from Egypt when Moses, the Messianic leader guided the Messiah back to the Promised Land.

The second time around,from Babylon when, according to Isaiah 45:1, Cyrus was the
anointed one for his role to proclaim freedom for the Jews and financing the rebuilding of the Temple. The third and last time was from the four corners of the earth when the Messianic leader aka Theodor Herzl sacrificed his life to induce the Jews in exile with love for Zion. In 1948 the third Jewish Commonwealth was proclaimed as if the Temple had been rebuilt.

Now, where was Jesus during all these developments? When he was born, Israel was under
the control of a foreign power, during his lifetime that domination did not change
and, after he died Jerusalem was destroyed and the People thrown into another exile of
almost 2000 years. Sorry to say this but, contrary to our expectations, Jesus could not classify even as a Messianic leader, let alone the Messiah.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

John 4:25-26

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beameup

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations [Gentiles] which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to WORSHIP the KING, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
- Zech 14:16

beameup

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be Ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. - Micah 5:2

beameup

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure forever, and his Throne as the sun before me. It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
Psalm 89:34-37

beameup

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. - Daniel 7:13-14

beameup

The righteous Branch raised up for David was not a king but Judah his own Tribe, the Southern Kingdom which was promised for the sake of David to be a Lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I Kings 11:36)

“When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. “He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the Throne of his Kingdom forever." - 2 Samuel 7:12-13
God's message to David through prophet Nathan