I never knew you !

beloved57

Also those in Matt 7:23 that Jesus said He never knew, they could not possibly be any of those God foreknown as here Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

​No they could not have been of His People He foreknew !

beloved57

The ones in Matt 7:23 whom Christ said I never knew you, they most definitely cannot be of His Sheep that He died for as stated by Him here

Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

The reason being is because Jesus says of them, His Sheep these words Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine

This is the same word know in which Jesus says in Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And the word never means , not at any time did I know you ! Those are words Jesus cannot and would not say about or towards His Sheep that He layed down His Life for without being in serious contradiction with Himself and His very own words !

Nanja

Also those in Matt 7:23 that Jesus said He never knew, they could not possibly be any of those God foreknown as here Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

​No they could not have been of His People He foreknew !

Right, so only the foreknown ones Rom. 8:29 did God predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, because they were created in the Image and Likeness of God Gen. 1:26.

But all the ones He never knew Mat. 7:23 are castaways, reprobates, vessels of wrath fitted for destruction Rom. 9:22.

~~~~~

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Right, so only the foreknown ones Rom. 8:29 did God predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, because they were created in the Image and Likeness of God Gen. 1:26.

But all the ones He never knew Mat. 7:23 are castaways, reprobates, vessels of wrath fitted for destruction Rom. 9:22.

~~~~~
So you think you were predestinated? Ha !! You think God foreknew YOU ?

Nanja

The ones in Matt 7:23 whom Christ said I never knew you, they most definitely cannot be of His Sheep that He died for as stated by Him here

Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

The reason being is because Jesus says of them, His Sheep these words Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine

This is the same word know in which Jesus says in Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And the word never means , not at any time did I know you ! Those are words Jesus cannot and would not say about or towards His Sheep that He layed down His Life for without being in serious contradiction with Himself and His very own words !

Exactly! Therefore, the portion of mankind that Christ never knew Mat. 7:23 could never have been any of His Sheep He died for as spoken of here:

1 Cor. 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly! Therefore, the portion of mankind that Christ never knew Mat. 7:23 could never have been any of His Sheep He died for as spoken of here:

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

~~~~~
Amen Sister Nanja, The our sins in 1Cor 15:3 are the Sheep!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You need to take a more literal interpretation of the scripture rather than being so abstract. Your interpretation is rather laughable.

Nanja

Precisely stated!

All the sins of the Sheep, God's Elect, which were Chosen in Christ to have forgiveness / remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7, were imputed to Christ for Him to die for Is. 53:6 in their stead!

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins [the Sheep John 10:11, 15] according to the scriptures.

Those sins of the Sheep were imputed / charged to Him, and His Righteous imputed to them!

2 Cor 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~

beloved57

Precisely stated!

All the sins of the Sheep, God's Elect, which were Chosen in Christ to have forgiveness / remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7, were imputed to Christ for Him to die for Is. 53:6 in their stead!

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins [the Sheep John 10:11, 15] according to the scriptures.

Those sins of the Sheep were imputed / charged to Him, and His Righteous imputed to them!

2 Cor 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~
Amen!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent (Ac 17:30, emphasis mine).

If men aren't going to be saved, why ask them to repent? :banana:

God has a 'revealed will' and a 'secret will'.

The revealed will is what is told to us- His secret will is His plan from the beginning in how He would conduct His revealed will.

This is what most non-Calvinists fail to understand: it is the gospel behind the gospel; what is really going on behind the curtains. The crux of the Reformist tradition is in God's omniscience, which others have more and more trivialized.

People at a point now of just foolish talk- creating dichotomies such as foreknowledge vs predestination or universal vs free grace. It's gotten ridiculous, and the reason why Calvinists may come of as arrogant is because, quite frankly, it isn't hard to do- we aren't against any real theological challenge :rolleyes:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
God has a 'revealed will' and a 'secret will'.
Revealed will, secret will :idunno: permissive will, determined will

This is what most non-Calvinists fail to understand...
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

See:

Predestination and Will: How are predestination and election connected with foreknowledge?

Does God Elect Everyone?

...[C]reating dichotomies such as foreknowledge vs predestination or universal vs free grace. It's gotten ridiculous, and the reason why Calvinists may come of as arrogant is because, quite frankly, it isn't hard to do- we aren't against any real theological challenge.
Other than Jn 3:16. :idunno:

beloved57

Christ knows them that are His Own !

2 Tim 2:19

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Now if this be True, "The Lord knoweth them that are his" then who are these the Lord says this unto:

Matt 7:23

They most certainly didn't belong to Christ, unless there's an contradiction with this scripture and 2 Tim 2:19 which says

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Be advised that its the same greek word for know being used in both the Matt 7:23 verse and the 2 Tim 2:19 verse, the word ginōskō. It means at times to have an intimate acquaintance with, to know in love and approval.

Those in Matt 7:23 cant be of those Christ names as His Sheep that He knows and lays down His Life for Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Nanja

Christ knows them that are His Own !

2 Tim 2:19

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Now if this be True, "The Lord knoweth them that are his" then who are these the Lord says this unto:

Matt 7:23

They most certainly didn't belong to Christ, unless there's an contradiction with this scripture and 2 Tim 2:19 which says

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Be advised that its the same greek word for know being used in both the Matt 7:23 verse and the 2 Tim 2:19 verse, the word ginōskō. It means at times to have an intimate acquaintance with, to know in love and approval.

Those in Matt 7:23 cant be of those Christ names as His Sheep that He knows and lays down His Life for Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Amen Brother! Christ knows each one of His Sheep intimately that were given Him of the Father before the foundation of the World Eph. 1:4. And each one of them shall come to Know Him intimately as well through His Spirit given them in New Birth Rom. 8:9.

1 Pet. 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now those He never knew in Mat. 7:23 couldn't possibly be any He died for according to the scriptures.

beloved57

Nanja

And each one of them shall come to Know Him intimately as well through His Spirit given them in New Birth Rom. 8:9

Amen Sister because Jesus says that they shall know Him Jn 10:14

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

beloved57

That's for sure Brother :thumb:

It's a Covenant Blessing of His Suretyship Death Jn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Nanja

It's a Covenant Blessing of His Suretyship Death Jn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Indeed, it's the Knowing of Faith given in New Birth to all Christ's Sheep Is. 53:6; Heb. 13:20.