How you can obey God’s commands.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The law does reveal sin and the law can never save you. See Romans 8:1-4 NASB. We ought to obey God's commands.

The law can never save you out of one side of his mouth
we ought to obey God's commands out of the other

In fact this is man's dilemma, he ought but he can't

When you come that far with God you either walk away or press on past obeyings of commands to grasp God's mercy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law can never save you out of one side of his mouth
we ought to obey God's commands out of the other

In fact this is man's dilemma, he ought but he can't

When you come that far with God you either walk away or press on past obeyings of commands to grasp God's mercy.
I don't know what you are referring to.

We are to obey God and Jesus. This is about obedience not mercy.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I don't know what you are referring to.

We are to obey God and Jesus. This is about obedience not mercy.

You do not obey Him, nobody ever has sufficiently enough to merit salvation....now it is a sin to lie Jake my boy, tell the truth. The best you can do is to say "I want to obey, I try" so do we all but that is not good enough for salvation see.

You do not love the Lord thy God with all your heart and soul and mind, neither do you love your neighbour quite as you love yourself.

You cain't even start on this business of obedience until you are saved, the life is made clean through the new birth.

If you keep hammering on obedience to laws but never talk about being saved you cause us to question whether or not you can be saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You do not obey Him, nobody ever has sufficiently enough to merit salvation....now it is a sin to lie Jake my boy, tell the truth. The best you can do is to say "I want to obey, I try" so do we all but that is not good enough for salvation see.

You do not love the Lord thy God with all your heart and soul and mind, neither do you love your neighbour quite as you love yourself.

You cain't even start on this business of obedience until you are saved, the life is made clean through the new birth.

If you keep hammering on obedience to laws but never talk about being saved you cause us to question whether or not you can be saved.

I already am saved. That is why I am telling people about salvation and God's commands.

My name is not Jake. It is Jacob.

keypurr

I already am saved. That is why I am telling people about salvation and God's commands.

My name is not Jake. It is Jacob.
Jacob you have my respect friend. They don't seem understand that love brings obediance. We do not obey to be saved, we obey because we love our creator. They seem to be mixing the apples with the oranges. Jesus taught us to keep his laws in our hearts.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob you have my respect friend. They don't seem understand that love brings obediance. We do not obey to be saved, we obey because we love our creator. They seem to be mixing the apples with the oranges. Jesus taught us to keep his laws in our hearts.
Shalom keypurr.

Where do you find that Jesus taught us to keep his laws in our hearts?

Much love in Christ,

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's in both the old and the new testament. I am not at home at the moment but I will get it for you when I can. Look up the words "magnify the law".

Isaiah 42:21 KJV - The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If even an angel from heaven adds to or subtracts from Paul's gospel, let him be accursed. Like adding works and obedience to faith. Let you be accursed. You have been shown over and over, yet you persist. Not only are you an idiot, you are hell bound.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If even an angel from heaven adds to or subtracts from Paul's gospel, let him be accursed. Like adding works and obedience to faith. Let you be accursed. You have been shown over and over, yet you persist. Not only are you an idiot, you are hell bound.

Because Paul spoke of obedience I see no reason I should not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are saved by the blood of Jesus. We are justified by His blood. We are justified by faith. We are to be obedient to God and Jesus in faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are to obey the gospel.

You be the judge of if you are to obey God's commands? I believe there is scriptural evidence that we should obey God's commands.

Bradley D

Even if you don't commit adultery or murder or steal or tell lies you are still a sinner. Sin is much deeper than outward actions, read the sermon on the mount.

I have read the Sermon on the Mount. Even a wrong thought is a sin of the mind. As God told Noah out of the hearts of humans come evil imaginations. Thus I am ever dependent on the Holy Spirit to guide and convict me. I am ever dependent on my High Priest in heaven Jesus Christ to turn to for forgiveness.