How you can obey God’s commands.

Epoisses

The new covenant spoken of by Jeremiah was to be made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. See Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

In Luke Jesus speaks of the new covenant. That was first century when Jesus died for you that your sins would be forgiven.

The only tribes in existence in the 1st century were Judah, Benjamin and a few Levites aka the house of Judah. Where was the house of Israel??????

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The only tribes in existence in the 1st century were Judah, Benjamin and a few Levites aka the house of Judah. Where was the house of Israel??????
Do you remember you are talking about Israel?

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Luke 22:7-20 NASB - 7 Then came the first day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 And Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us, so that we may eat it." 9 They said to Him, "Where do You want us to prepare it?" 10 And He said to them, "When you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house that he enters. 11 "And you shall say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher says to you, "Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?"' 12 "And he will show you a large, furnished upper room; prepare it there." 13 And they left and found everything just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover. 14 When the hour had come, He reclined at the table, and the apostles with Him. 15 And He said to them, "I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 16 for I say to you, I shall never again eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God." 17 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves; 18 for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes." 19 And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

Romans 1:16-17 NASB - 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

1 Corinthians 1:18 NASB - 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When I say through Christ, I mean that Christ has already obeyed Gods required commandments for me ! Do you believe that ?
You do not obtain salvation through your works or obedience to God's commands but through what Jesus has accomplished for you. Then we are to obey God's commands.

beloved57

You do not obtain salvation through your works or obedience to God's commands but through what Jesus has accomplished for you. Then we are to obey God's commands.
Were you saved by what Christ accomplished for you before you believed in Christ and while you were a enemy ?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Were you saved by what Christ accomplished for you before you believed in Christ and while you were a enemy ?

Christ died for the ungodly at the right time. While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

beloved57

beloved57,

Are you trying to make me scared?

Your response indicates that you think I should be scared, but I don't understand why.
You are evading the question. Why? Are you scared?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are evading the question. Why? Are you scared?

Again, I don't know why you think this. Now I don't know why you believe that I am evading your question. I told you I answered it.

I also don't know why you are picking up thinking or asking if I am scared again. Did you not already get a response from me in this regard?

beloved57

Again, I don't know why you think this. Now I don't know why you believe that I am evading your question. I told you I answered it.

I also don't know why you are picking up thinking or asking if I am scared again. Did you not already get a response from me in this regard?
Look, I'm not going to be going back and forth about this. Either answer the question with a simple yes or no or forget it and move on.