How you can obey God’s commands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
ONCE AND FOR ALL?
I am not sure I know what this phrase means. How do you mean it?

Once for all is found in the Bible in these places.

Romans 6:10 NASB - For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Hebrews 7:27 NASB - who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Hebrews 9:12 NASB - and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 10:10 NASB - By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

1 Peter 3:18 NASB - For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Jude 1:3 NASB - Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

Jude 1:5 NASB - Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

God's Truth

I am not sure I know what this phrase means. How do you mean it?

Once for all is found in the Bible in these places.

Romans 6:10 NASB - For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Hebrews 7:27 NASB - who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Hebrews 9:12 NASB - and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 10:10 NASB - By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

1 Peter 3:18 NASB - For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Jude 1:3 NASB - Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

Jude 1:5 NASB - Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

The Jews had to have animals sacrificed daily, year after year.

Jesus is the last sacrifice ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Jews had to have animals sacrificed daily, year after year.

Jesus is the last sacrifice ONCE AND FOR ALL.
I am asking about your phrase.

I know the daily sacrifice was not the only sacrifice according to the Law when the temple was standing.

Deuteronomy 12:11 NASB - then it shall come about that the place in which the LORD your God will choose for His name to dwell, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, your tithes and the contribution of your hand, and all your choice votive offerings which you will vow to the LORD.

God's Truth

I am asking about your phrase.

I know the daily sacrifice was not the only sacrifice according to the Law when the temple was standing.
I said what the Bible says, and I explained it to you. Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who is the last sacrifice and only sacrifice that God accepts, once and for all.

The people had to offer animals to sacrifice year after year; but since Jesus died, all they have to do is go through Jesus' one time sacrifice and they are clean for ever, as long as they stand firm til the end.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said what the Bible says, and I explained it to you. Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who is the last sacrifice and only sacrifice that God accepts, once and for all.

The people had to offer animals to sacrifice year after year; but since Jesus died, all they have to do is go through Jesus' one time sacrifice and they are clean for ever, as long as they stand firm til the end.
I think some things are getting confused. I have identified your phrase as not coming from the translation of the Bible I used.

God's Truth

I think some things are getting confused. I have identified your phrase as not coming from the translation of the Bible I used.

Why don't you believe Jesus is the sacrifice? Why don't you believe he is the Lamb of God? Why don't you believe his sacrifice is once and for all?

Explain to us why you do not believe what is written.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you believe Jesus is the sacrifice? Why don't you believe he is the Lamb of God? Why don't you believe his sacrifice is once and for all?

Explain to us why you do not believe what is written.

I believe all the scriptures I quoted. I believe all of scripture.

God's Truth

Acts 2:46-47
Acts 3:1
Acts 18:21
Acts 21
Luke 24:53

There's more, but I'm tired.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

The Jews would not associate with an unclean person. If the apostles were not clean, according to the old law's purification/ceremonial works, then they would not let the apostles near them. That is why Paul circumcised Timothy. The Jews knew that Timothy was unclean/uncircumcised.