How you can obey God’s commands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is possible to obey God’s commands. This is actually what God has asked us to do. Do you obey God’s commands? Can you encourage others to obey God’s commands? You can obey God’s commands. Do you know how to obey God’s commands? Do you know what God’s commands are and how to obey them? How do you obey God’s commands? Can you explain how you can obey God’s commands? We know that we can obey God’s commands. Now we need to do so. May God be with you wherever you go, and as you do obey His commands.

Bradley D

Do you commit murder, commit adultery, steal, tell lies about your neighbor, covet other peoples things? If not you are obeying God's commandments. But God wants more than that. God wants us to Love Him and Neighbor! Even more than that to Love your Enemy!

beameup

God wants you to "walk in the Spirit". If you do that, everything else will "fall into place" automatically.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (see rest of chapter).
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16 (see all of chapter).
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:4

Someday, even all Israel will do this: And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Ezekiel 36:27

Epoisses

Talk about beating a dead horse. Hey, Jacob the law reveals sin but it can never save you. Jesus saves and it says so on every bumper sticker.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Talk about beating a dead horse. Hey, Jacob the law reveals sin but it can never save you. Jesus saves and it says so on every bumper sticker.
The law does reveal sin and the law can never save you. See Romans 8:1-4 NASB. We ought to obey God's commands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yea, you ought to believe in Jesus and live by his love. The old covenant has expired.
I do believe in Jesus. The love with which Jesus lived is the love of God. We ought to live with this same love.

I don't see that the old covenant has expired, sorry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It has. Heb. 8:13
This is about what God had for Jeremiah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

The new covenant came in Jesus Christ.

Epoisses

Do you commit murder, commit adultery, steal, tell lies about your neighbor, covet other peoples things? If not you are obeying God's commandments. But God wants more than that. God wants us to Love Him and Neighbor! Even more than that to Love your Enemy!

Even if you don't commit adultery or murder or steal or tell lies you are still a sinner. Sin is much deeper than outward actions, read the sermon on the mount.

Epoisses

This is about what God had for Jeremiah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

13 When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

The new covenant came in Jesus Christ.

You're an unbelieving dead branch! All dead branches will be gathered up and tossed into the fire.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're an unbelieving dead branch! All dead branches will be gathered up and tossed into the fire.
Why do you say that? I am not familiar with people saying this and I don't know what you mean saying it of me.

God wants us to repent and believe the gospel, as Jesus said. To obey God. This obedience is obedience to the commands of God, the commands of Jesus.

Epoisses

Why do you say that? I am not familiar with people saying this and I don't know what you mean saying it of me.

God wants us to repent and believe the gospel, as Jesus said. To obey God. This obedience is obedience to the commands of God, the commands of Jesus.

Christianity is not about obedience, that's Judaism! Christianity is about belief in Christ but then you wouldn't understand that.

Epoisses

Both Judaism and Christianity are true. And, both speak of obedience to God. Messiah has come. Yeshua (Jesus).

You're a deranged religious nut case that should be quarantined away from civilized society. It's people like you that make religion odious to the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're a deranged religious nut case that should be quarantined away from civilized society. It's people like you that make religion odious to the world.
That you say so means you do not know about the Christianity you attempt to speak of.

The new covenant came to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Remember the words of Jesus when He spoke of the new covenant.

I see no reason for you to attack me this way.

May you come to understand the truth and love from a pure heart.

Epoisses

That you say so means you do not know about the Christianity you attempt to speak of.

The new covenant came to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Remember the words of Jesus when He spoke of the new covenant.

I see no reason for you to attack me this way.

May you come to understand the truth and love from a pure heart.

The house of Israel did not even exist in the 1st century. A covenant cannot be ratified with one party in absentia.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The house of Israel did not even exist in the 1st century. A covenant cannot be ratified with one party in absentia.
Are you a Christian?

Do you believe that Jesus spoke of the same new covenant God did through Jeremiah?

Epoisses

Are you a Christian?

Do you believe that Jesus spoke of the same new covenant God did through Jeremiah?

The new covenant was for the house of Judah and Israel. Where was the house of Israel in the 1st century? The Samaritans don't count.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant was for the house of Judah and Israel. Where was the house of Israel in the 1st century? The Samaritans don't count.
The new covenant spoken of by Jeremiah was to be made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. See Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB.

In Luke Jesus speaks of the new covenant. That was first century when Jesus died for you that your sins would be forgiven.