How to tell if you're a Marxist

glorydaz

I thought he couldn't be stupid enough to go after a family member, so he must have misspelled. Apparently I overestimated him.

Dip wad. He was using "pop" in a generic way, like the Lord saying the devil was the father of the hypocrites. He wasn't attacking their fathers of the flesh.

What I find interesting is that you think you can call us pigs, but you whine like a baby when someone mentions you're pretty much a piece of dung. :chuckle:

Boo Hoo :baby:

glorydaz

That is the definition of a bully, someone who can't take what they dish out. Thats why TH has me banned from his little turd thread where he critiques everybody. He doesn't want to get a nasty post from me, the coward. I'll turn that thread into a nuclear wasteland if I get in there

He usually just shuts down his thread when people dare to respond, and opens it up just long enough to run his slap stick routine.

He really must be the star attraction. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dip wad. He was using "pop" in a generic way, like the Lord saying the devil was the father of the hypocrites. He wasn't attacking their fathers of the flesh.

What I find interesting is that you think you can call us pigs, but you whine like a baby when someone mentions you're pretty much a piece of dung. :chuckle:

Boo Hoo :baby:

You forgot to mention that, TH believes himself to be the funniest character that ever walked planet earth? At least he and his 'protective ilk' believe that. At least they think they do? :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Which is it?

If you insist.

For those playing at home, WoZ responded to GM with:

And CC, for some reason, decided this was a good idea:

I thought he couldn't be stupid enough to go after a family member, so he must have misspelled. Apparently I overestimated him.

Well, since you don't remember that, you must have forgotten 'The Alamo,' as well? However...:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, here's how it is with Old GM....My imagination and natural flair for Wit, sarcasm, and hyperbole do not require a huge amount of forethought or preparation.
Well, it's good of you to admit it, but I don't think it was really necessary. :plain:

That's one of the advantages I have over posters such as yourself and your ilk.
The other being modesty and a command of grammar rarely seen in the literate.

Unfortunately, TH, you require a fan-base that automatically 'assumes' that whatever you say just has to be brilliant, amazingly Witty, profound, a thing of pure unmitigated genius, and something that has never been uttered in the history of mankind.
You're like the tone-deaf kid who thinks the opera is an elaborate practical joke.

I realize that humor/Wit is totally and irrefutably, subjective. In conclusion, no humor is known to be universally accepted. There's room for all forms of Wit and humor. That's a good thing, right?
Good points. There are things we laugh about that are universal, but culturally filtered. When scientists tried to find humor that appealed to the broadest possible international audience this was the winner:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well, it's good of you to admit it, but I don't think it was really necessary. :plain:

The other being modesty and a command of grammar rarely seen in the literate.

You're like the tone-deaf kid who thinks the opera is an elaborate practical joke.

Good points. There are things we laugh about that are universal, but culturally filtered. When scientists tried to find humor that appealed to the broadest possible international audience this was the winner:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

I really have to apologize to you. You see, I stopped reading after barely getting my feet wet in your dribble.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TH, as you might have already guessed, I have to admit something to you after all of these years. You see, I really don't like you. In fact, I can barely stand you. I just needed to admit that to you personally. I certainly hope you're not offended by this declaration? I really think your humor is second rate and your personality is about third rate. I was taught: "If you don't have something nice to say, say it anyway."

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
........You're like the tone-deaf kid who thinks the opera is an elaborate practical joke.........

OMG, what a pompous arse. Did you just compare your posts and your thread to an opera that nobody else can understand? LOLLLLLLLL.

You are more like the monkey on a monkey grinder that nobody can understand because you just squeak the same crap. Your are dressed in a nice suit but underneath you're an ignoramus.

Opera! LOLLL!! Lord, you just have to be the most egotistical, supercilious, condescending JERK at TOL.

You're like Frasier: A self-important, imperious, overbearing blowhard who screws everything up, the only difference being that at the end of the show he is likable and you're not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
TH, as you might have already guessed, I have to admit something to you after all of these years. You see, I really don't like you. In fact, I can barely stand you. I just needed to admit that to you personally. I certainly hope you're not offended by this declaration? I really think your humor is second rate and your personality is about third rate. I was taught: "If you don't have something nice to say, say it anyway."
Not a problem. I'm just happy to hear you had some sort of education. I'd get into it more, but someone else is publishing their diary and time is, as they say, a wasting.

But first,
I really have to apologize to you.
And in that spirit, I accept.

OMG, what a pompous arse. Did you just compare your posts and your thread to an opera that nobody else can understand? LOLLLLLLLL.
No. Also, in Revelations the Bible isn't really saying that death rides a horse, so don't let westerns make you nervous.

PS--that wasn't comparing my writing to the Bible either. :nono:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not a problem. I'm just happy to hear you had some sort of education. I'd get into it more, but someone else is publishing their diary and time is, as they say, a wasting.

No, but that's okay. I don't expect people who use OMG and LOL to understand that, with that backlog of Teen Beat and Highlight magazines to work through dividing your attention.

Also, in Revelations the Bible isn't really saying that death rides a horse, so don't let westerns make you nervous. :nono:
I did the Highlight at the Dentist and the eye Doctor. I always enjoyed getting a new fresh one. As I got older it was Reader's Digest for me. Amazing literary works.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You are more like the monkey on a monkey grinder that nobody can understand because you just squeak the same crap. Your are dressed on a nice suit but underneath you're an ignoramous.

Opera! LOLLL!! Lord, you just have to be the most egotistical, supercilious, condescending JERK at TOL.

You're like Frasier: A self-important, imperious, overbearing blowhard who screws everything up, the only difference being that at the end of the show he is likable and you're not.

Excellent assessment of the 'Townster.' His humor is totally alien to any sense of humor/Wit I've ever encountered, and I've been walking planet earth for nearly 68 years. Townsters so-called humor is extremely overrated. The worst 'tragedy' is, he's not even witty or humorous. However, as long as he believes he's 'witty' I would surmise, that's all that counts. And, he does have a few posters slapping their knees and squirting their beverages out of their noses.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
OMG, what a pompous arse. Did you just compare your posts and your thread to an opera that nobody else can understand? LOLLLLLLLL..........
.......No, but that's okay......

Yes you did, you dope, you liar.

GM was talking about your posts when he said: "you require a fan-base that automatically 'assumes' that whatever you say just has to be brilliant, amazingly Witty, profound, a thing of pure unmitigated genius, and something that has never been uttered in the history of mankind"

....and you responded with: "You're like the tone-deaf kid who thinks the opera is an elaborate practical joke"

In other words, GM is "tone deaf" because he doesn't think your posts are the greatest thing since sliced bread. GM cannot grasp the opera that is your postings. Good grief.

Excellent assessment of the 'Townster.' His humor is totally alien to any sense of humor/Wit I've ever encountered, and I've been walking planet earth for nearly 68 years. Townsters so-called humor is extremely overrated. The worst 'tragedy' is, he's not even witty or humorous. However, as long as he believes he's 'witty' I would surmise, that's all that counts. And, he does have a few posters slapping their knees and squirting their beverages out of their noses.

Mega Dittos

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I did the Highlight at the Dentist and the eye Doctor. I always enjoyed getting a new fresh one. As I got older it was Reader's Digest for me. Amazing literary works.
Hey, to everything a season. And as a public service to CC and glory, I mean a time of year and not something you use to make food tastier. :plain:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Hey, to everything a season. And as a public service to CC and glory, I mean a time of year and not something you use to make food tastier. :plain:

I don't need a baby-killing leftist to explain a Biblical reference to me you pompous jerk. Oh, you do realize that IS actually rooted in the Bible, right? Ecclesiastes 3:1-8? Once again, you think your wit is so far above all else that it needs explanation. The only thing that needs explanation is how you escape getting beat up every day for being a jackass

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes you did, you dope, you liar.
No, but it's like you to insist, and sound like a kid doing it.

GM was talking about your posts when he said: "you require a fan-base that automatically 'assumes' that whatever you say just has to be brilliant, amazingly Witty, profound, a thing of pure unmitigated genius, and something that has never been uttered in the history of mankind"
So far, so good. GM was busy being GM when:

....and you responded with: "You're like the tone-deaf kid who thinks the opera is an elaborate practical joke"
Right. At least I know you know how to copy a thing, though the ellipse is wrong. And you're still not getting it, which is darn near endearing. :)

In other words, GM is "tone deaf" because he doesn't think your posts are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
To quote another poster around here, "Nope." But just this once I'll spell it out so you can still not get it and lubricate your monitor again.

The set up was GM's shtick that my humor is something a certain group doesn't get but pretends to grasp. GM doesn't have a lot of arrows in the quiver, so he largely keeps firing that one. My response was aimed at that. It's a barb aimed at GM confusing his limitations with everyone's to the point where if he doesn't get something anyone who does must be pretending.

GM cannot grasp the opera that is your postings. Good grief.
No, it's that GM doesn't believe there is a thing called opera, because he's tone deaf. And I thought opera was a good illustration because a sub rosa complaint he's making involves what he sees as the pretentious, which is funny considering the shtick.

You're welcome.

I hope you get mugged on the streets today. You have it coming.
I hope you grow up one day. We all have it coming.