ECT HOW MUCH DID THE JEWS KNOW , 1 PETER 1:13 ?

turbosixx

Hi turbosixx , and I write to educate , not just for you , BUT to all those who read your answers to my posts , which are seen all over the USA and I use the verbs that are in the Greek text as seen by your answer above !!

dan p

I appreciate you taking your time with me. I write to help cure your blindness.

I don't understand your obsession with Greek. Men who understand Greek translated it for us so we do not have to know Greek. I do like to check words occasionally, but it doesn't change the meaning of the English. Do you not trust any translations? Are you a better translator?

DAN P

I appreciate you taking your time with me. I write to help cure your blindness.

I don't understand your obsession with Greek. Men who understand Greek translated it for us so we do not have to know Greek. I do like to check words occasionally, but it doesn't change the meaning of the English. Do you not trust any translations? Are you a better translator?

Hi turbosixx , are the Original Scriptures , Inspired , YES !!

Are translations INSPIRED , NO , unless you believe in DOUBLE INSPIRATION , do you ??

WRONG , as their are about 160 TRANSLATIONS , to date are they all INSPIRED ?

You have to always check the Greek texts and we see that even some of Paul's letters were FALSE and FAKE , check 2 Thess 2:2 and see !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi turbosixx , and I write to educate , not just for you , BUT to all those who read your answers to my posts , which are seen all over the USA and I use the verbs that are in the Greek text as seen by your answer above !!

dan p

I'm one who appreciates your teaching, Dan. Thanks for being here. :thumb:

turbosixx

Hi turbosixx , are the Original Scriptures , Inspired , YES !!

Are translations INSPIRED , NO , unless you believe in DOUBLE INSPIRATION , do you ??

WRONG , as their are about 160 TRANSLATIONS , to date are they all INSPIRED ?

You have to always check the Greek texts and we see that even some of Paul's letters were FALSE and FAKE , check 2 Thess 2:2 and see !!

dan p

I agree that the translators were not inspired. I also think they did a very good job but I don't stick to only one translation. I have no problem going to the Greek for clarification.

What I struggle with from you is, you will add what you want to the definition of a Greek word. For example, "baptizer". Can you point me to a Greek word for baptizer? I checked the Vines, I didn't see baptizer as a possible definition. The closest I can see would be "Baptist" which is only used in reference to John.

glorydaz

Maybe you can help. Can you point out when Paul received and proclaimed the mystery?

There are several places in the Bible where we see the Lord was giving Paul revelation. I'm far from an expert on Paul's journeys and his progressive revelations, but I see here where Paul was chosen and would be given such revelations in the future.

Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.​

Clearly, Paul was a chosen vessel with a message that would be revealed by the Risen Lord, Himself. Do you deny what Paul writes here?

Eph. 3:1-9
3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​

turbosixx

There are several places in the Bible where we see the Lord was giving Paul revelation. I'm far from an expert on Paul's journeys and his progressive revelations, but I see here where Paul was chosen and would be given such revelations in the future.

Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.​

Clearly, Paul was a chosen vessel with a message that would be revealed by the Risen Lord, Himself. Do you deny what Paul writes here?

Eph. 3:1-9
3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​

I totally agree Paul was chosen vessel and given revelation from Jesus himself. What I'm seeing is people are looking at Paul's letters and they see a different gospel but when we read what Paul preached and how he converted those Christians, and some he didn't convert, it's same message as those before him. Paul's letters are to Christians, people already in Christ. What did they hear and what did they do to get in Christ?

They all preached repentance, the kingdom of God, forgiveness of sins, Jesus is the Christ and baptized those who believed.

So when did Paul proclaim something different? Through letters to people who were already Christians after his travels? If so, when did it change?

DAN P

I totally agree Paul was chosen vessel and given revelation from Jesus himself. What I'm seeing is people are looking at Paul's letters and they see a different gospel but when we read what Paul preached and how he converted those Christians, and some he didn't convert, it's same message as those before him. Paul's letters are to Christians, people already in Christ. What did they hear and what did they do to get in Christ?

They all preached repentance, the kingdom of God, forgiveness of sins, Jesus is the Christ and baptized those who believed.

So when did Paul proclaim something different? Through letters to people who were already Christians after his travels? If so, when did it change?

Hi and like I keep telling you , a lot of Greek words are TRANSLITERATED becuse there is no one word that fits it in English , like Baptism , Grace , Angel , Apostle , Israel , or Gentile , just to mention a few !!

dan p

glorydaz

Where do you see others preaching we "Believe unto righteousness", or "Saved by grace through faith, not of yourselves"? Where do you see other preaching justification of faith?

Show me....

turbosixx

Where do you see others preaching we "Believe unto righteousness", or "Saved by grace through faith, not of yourselves"? Where do you see other preaching justification of faith?

Show me....

Paul is making these points to CHRISTIANS. Look at who these words are addressed to. So my question is, was it necessary for these Christians to know this to become a Christian?

Interplanner

Show me....

Ephesians is the widest circulated document of Paul. It may have been intended as a 'publication.' See 1:1, in the original, where the city is not mentioned, but just left blank.

What does that mean? That every group he worked with got a copy, so it was one of the best examples of his teaching. It is possible to refer to the removal of the debt of sin without the exact same words each time.