ECT How is Paul's message different?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If he was preaching something different to the Gentiles then he hadn't preached it first to the Jews.

Good point.

(Rom 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

In the above, Paul tells us he preached "the gospel" to the Jew first.

Right Divider

Body part
No, that's exactly what it says.

Paul says he preached the gospel to the Jews first.
Rom 1:13-17 KJV Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. (14) I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. (15) So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. (16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Paul says that he is not ashamed of the gospel of Christ and that it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes.

NOWHERE in THIS does he say anything about preaching to someone first.

Danoh

It simply does NOT say that.

That's a very good point.

When it bears out it does so due to the very important principle found throughout Scripture - that what a thing appears to be saying, and what it is actually saying, are not always one and the same thing.

The "dividing" line betwen the two?

Well, it often appears anyone's say.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it does not.

Please explain how Paul didn't preach the gospel to the Jew first in the following verse:

(Rom 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Please explain how Paul didn't preach the gospel to the Jew first in the following verse:

Paul tried going to the Jews first, straightway, but they tried to kill him. Then he was sent to the gentiles.

Acts 13:50 KJV - Acts 14:1 KJV -

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul tried going to the Jews first, straightway, but they tried to kill him. Then he was sent to the gentiles.

Acts 13:50 KJV - Acts 14:1 KJV -

That's not what the verse says.

The verse says Paul did preach the gospel to the Jew first.

Paul also said he had to preach the gospel to the Jew first.

However, the Jews rejected it, so Paul then turned to preaching the gospel to the Gentiles.

(Acts 13:46) Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

This causes really big problems for your MAD because MAD claims a different gospel was preached to the Jews.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

However, the Jews rejected it, so Paul then turned to preaching the gospel to the Gentiles.

(Acts 13:46) Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

This causes really big problems for your MAD because MAD claims a different gospel was preached to the Jews.

That's what I said, he went straightway to the Jews in the synagogues - THEN he was sent to the gentiles. He tried to go to Jews first.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes.

MAD tells lies.

LA

Danoh

No. Only SOME MADs assert that was the case; though very few, in contrast to the many who do not. I don't.

As Paul's "to the Jew first" that he opens Romans with; he relates what he means by that in Romans 15. That that HAD been the order of his preaching in Acts.

While what he says in Acts 13 and Acts 18, etc., and also in Romans 1-3 and 9-11 tell the reader WHY he would go to the Jews first back when he was doing that.

Again, its like that article I posted about Preterism (which some on here right off concluded I might be promoting Preterism; talk about ignorance).

I posted it to show that all your ranting that MADs can't agree with one another leaves out the fact that neither do Preterists.

Again, MADs differ in their understanding about what Paul was doing when and where and or what he meant by one thing or another.

While some of the ones on here are nowhere near the level in understanding of their view as some of their other ones on here.

So please - quit lumping all MADs together - even those from within a same school.

Its your doing so that "is a mess."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Acts 9:20 KJV -