ECT How alone is Grace alone salvation?

How alone is Grace alone salvation?

• Total voters

Shasta

Yes, you examine a person's every motive, thought and action, and then decide that there is no change, and they continue to sin "unabated"

John is the one that said this not me.

9 Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil can be distinguished: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother.… (1 John 3:9-10 BSB).

Going by your post it seems you think John was being unreasonable, either that or your proposition that this means "examining a person's EVERY motive, thought and action" is simply a straw man. John never said anything about examining a person's every motive, thought and action. He said that if we see a person claiming to be a Christian "practicing" (or living a lifestyle of) sin we can assume they are not a real believer. The other possibility - they are a lapsed Christian - is mentioned in a later chapter.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
John is the one that said this not me.

9 Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil can be distinguished: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother.… (1 John 3:9-10 BSB).

Going by your post it seems you think John was being unreasonable, either that or your proposition that this means "examining a person's EVERY motive, thought and action" is simply a straw man. John never said anything about examining a person's every motive, thought and action. He said that if we see a person claiming to be a Christian "practicing" (or living a lifestyle of) sin we can assume they are not a real believer. The other possibility - they are a lapsed Christian - is mentioned in a later chapter.

John 16:9 The world’s sin is unbelief in me; 10 there is righteousness available because I go to the Father and you shall see me no more; 11 there is deliverance from judgment because the prince of this world has already been judged.

That author assumed you understood this... That same author wrote John 6:29; 63.

Above All... the Bible's Author said... (John 5:39, 40)

Jesus would call you the leavening...
John would label you a Pharisee
Paul would wish that you circumcised all of yourself to keep your vile leavening from spreading.

You are setting yourself up to do the Holy Spirit's Job and are therefore clearly in league with (Is. 14:14) now.

Do you believe Jesus is YHWH?

Shasta

Do you think that the meaning of that Greek word changed between the time when the LXX was translated and the time when the NT was written?

The LXX is very close to the koine of the NT; however words are liable to change with time, usage and context. The lexicons I quoted deal with how the word was used specifically in the context of the NT where the emphasis was most often on moral rather than mental change.

If you do not believe that let me quote another lexicon:
metanoia
a change of mind, remorse (as regret for shortcomings and errors)...in our literature with an expressly religious context, repentance, turning about, conversion, as a turning away from dead works, repentance that leads to God, deeds that are consistent with repentance, conversion...

A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and other Early Christian Literature
by Bauer, Ardnt and Gingrich

As you can see in the context of the NT the word most often has a moral/spiritual connotation, so much so that defining it as a mere mental change of opinion would seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

As for the scripture you cited, 1 Samuel 15:29, that is about God not "changing His mind." I would not expect God to "repent" in the same way that a human being feels remorse regret and that leads him to a moral change. On the other hand, while people often "change their minds" about things it takes the influence of the Holy Spirit to convict them of the reality of their sin and their need for God. Their acceptance of this conviction and the consequent turning away from their former pattern of choices to God is repentance. I would hope you can see that just being intellectually convinced of the proposition that God exists or even that Christ is a savior does not automatically save anyone until they take the step of putting their trust in Him.

That repentance is not just about an intellectual change of opinion but has a greater impact on us can be seen in 2 Corinthians 7:

…9 And now I rejoice, not because you were made sorrowful, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you felt the sorrow that God had intended, and so were not harmed in any way by us. 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death
(2 Corinthians 7:9-10)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The LXX is very close to the koine of the NT; however words are liable to change with time, usage and context. The lexicons I quoted deal with how the word was used specifically in the context of the NT where the emphasis was most often on moral rather than mental change.

If you do not believe that let me quote another lexicon:

As you can see in the context of the NT the word most often has a moral/spiritual connotation, so much so that defining it as a mere mental change of opinion would seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

As for the scripture you cited, 1 Samuel 15:29, that is about God not "changing His mind." I would not expect God to "repent" in the same way that a human being feels remorse regret and that leads him to a moral change. On the other hand, while people often "change their minds" about things it takes the influence of the Holy Spirit to convict them of the reality of their sin and their need for God. Their acceptance of this conviction and the consequent turning away from their former pattern of choices to God is repentance. I would hope you can see that just being intellectually convinced of the proposition that God exists or even that Christ is a savior does not automatically save anyone until they take the step of putting their trust in Him.

That repentance is not just about an intellectual change of opinion but has a greater impact on us can be seen in 2 Corinthians 7:

…9 And now I rejoice, not because you were made sorrowful, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you felt the sorrow that God had intended, and so were not harmed in any way by us. 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death
(2 Corinthians 7:9-10)

You are a Bible corrector and a Believer correcter.

You are a fire breathing Judaizer with the trimmings of a true believer.

You walk by Site and deny faith in Jesus. You declare His blood impotent.

Titus 1:11

Last edited:

Shasta

John 16:9 The world’s sin is unbelief in me; 10 there is righteousness available because I go to the Father and you shall see me no more; 11 there is deliverance from judgment because the prince of this world has already been judged.

That author assumed you understood this... That same author wrote John 6:29; 63.

Above All... the Bible's Author said... (John 5:39, 40)

Jesus would call you the leavening...
John would label you a Pharisee
Paul would wish that you circumcised all of yourself to keep your vile leavening from spreading.

You are setting yourself up to do the Holy Spirit's Job and are therefore clearly in league with (Is. 14:14) now.

Do you believe Jesus is YHWH?

John was specifically talking about a group of Gnostics who had invaded the various Churches under his care. The Gnostics believed they possessed a deposit of divine essence inside that could not be changed no matter how much carnality they engaged in. John was saying that practicing a lifestyle of sin is inconsistent with being a child of God. Shall we call John a 'Pharisee" for saying true Christians do not live in sin? Were his words, spoken against the antinomianism of the Gnostics, "leaven" that Christians should avoid? I think they are just as applicable to modern antinomian Christians who believe they are free to live perpetually in sin because all their transgressions, past, present and future are forgiven.

Yes, Jesus is YHWH.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
John was specifically talking about a group of Gnostics who had invaded the various Churches under his care. The Gnostics believed they possessed a deposit of divine essence inside that could not be changed no matter how much carnality they engaged in. John was saying that practicing a lifestyle of sin is inconsistent with being a child of God. Shall we call John a 'Pharisee" for saying true Christians do not live in sin? Were his words, spoken against the antinomianism of the Gnostics, "leaven" that Christians should avoid? I think they are just as applicable to modern antinomian Christians who believe they are free to live perpetually in sin because all their transgressions, past, present and future are forgiven.

Yes, Jesus is YHWH.

You are the lawless one. Your righteousness is carnal.

The adulterous woman.... God, Hypocrites and a sinner.

You are 1 of these 3... take your pick... Ker!

glorydaz

We cannot earn a standing of righteousness before God by works of the LAW. Peter said that the Mosaic System was "a yoke neither they (he and his fellow Jews) nor their ancestors were able to bear. Jesus has a "yoke" though and He tells us to "take that yoke on us." A yoke indicates that we are to be doing His work. It also entails our being in submission to the One who is guiding the plow. His work unlike the yoke of the Law is not a burden and we even experience rest.

Paul connects obedience to faith in this scripture:

25 Now to Him who is able to strengthen you by my gospel and by the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery concealed for ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the writings of the prophets by the command of the eternal God, in order to lead all the nations to the obedience that comes from faith (Romans 16:25-26)

Paul evidently saw obedience to God as the an expression of real faith. Faith without obedience is, as James said, dead, inoperable, useless. A person has not begun to trust Christ until they ENtrust themselves TO Christ. Obedience is relational because "if we love Him we will keep His commandments."

Paul is talking about the obedience of faith....which is believing unto salvation. We obey the Gospel when we believe.

If you read carefully what Paul is saying in this text, you will see "now is made manifest"..."my gospel" and "commandment of God" (which is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ). Nothing there about showing your love by "keeping the commandments". So, you're trying to mix law and grace again. Oil and water...they just don't mix.

Romans 16:25-26KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

glorydaz

Yes, Jesus is YHWH.

Clearly you don't know about the liberty we have in Christ Jesus, because you are obsessed with projecting your own sinful desires onto those who are new creatures IN CHRIST JESUS. If you knew what that means, you would not be making such silly accusations. Therefore, I can only assume you are one of those "false brethren" spoken of here.

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:​

It's always the same with you folks...hoping to bring us into the same bondage you are under. It's ever the enemy's way to get people to focus on themselves instead of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. You go ahead and focus on your own attempts at righteousness, but you won't sway any who are safe in Christ.

Shasta

You are a Bible corrector and a Believer correcter.

You are are fire breathing Judaizer with the trimmings of a true believer.

You walk by Site and deny faith in Jesus. You declare His blood impotent.

Titus 1:11

A Believer corrector?
And yet it is you who are making accusations against me personally. I have never called you anything. Perhaps you would like to present some of the rationale behind some of your accusations rather than just state them. At least I could address them.

A Bible corrector?
I just interpret the scriptures according to what I believe are sound hermeneutics. If you disagree you are free to refute what I say or present the rationale for your own beliefs instead of generating epitaphs about me.

I am a Judaizer?
Have I ever advocated keeping any of the practices of the Mosaic Law - such as circumcision, fasting, eating kosher, keeping Sabbath and the Feast Days? Maybe it is because I affirm the ongoing applicability of the moral law. Well, so did all the Apostles. That is why they made lists of various sins - just to make sure people understood what was wrong and what was right. Jesus affirmed the moral principles too. Did that make Him a Judaizer?

The scripture you cited speaks about "godliness" (or "God likeness") as being in accord with the truth he preached:

1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness (Titus 1:1)

As long as we are in Titus lets look at another scripture that bears on this discussion:

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works (Titus 2:11-14)

We should be renouncing all ungodliness and passion not hiding it under a cover of libertine "free grace." God does not want antinomianism. He gave Himself specifically to redeem us from ALL lawlessness. We are also supposed to be zealous for....(gasp)...good works(??) Was Paul advocating the Phariseeical practice of obtaining right standing with God through meritorious works? No, he was speaking of the activity of real faith. This is what the Spirit does in and through us when we yield to Him.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Clearly you don't know about the liberty we have in Christ Jesus, because you are obsessed with projecting your own sinful desires onto those who are new creatures IN CHRIST JESUS. If you knew what that means, you would not be making such silly accusations. Therefore, I can only assume you are one of those "false brethren" spoken of here.

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:​

It's always the same with you folks...hoping to bring us into the same bondage you are under. It's ever the enemy's way to get people to focus on themselves instead of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. You go ahead and focus on your own attempts at righteousness, but you won't sway any who are safe in Christ.

What you have written is so very beautiful here... it has moved me to tears. Amen, GloryDaz!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
A Believer corrector?
And yet it is you who are making accusations against me personally. I have never called you anything. Perhaps you would like to present some of the rationale behind some of your accusations rather than just state them. At least I could address them.

A Bible corrector?
I just interpret the scriptures according to what I believe are sound hermeneutics. If you disagree you are free to refute what I say or present the rationale for your own beliefs instead of generating epitaphs about me.

I am a Judaizer?
Have I ever advocated keeping any of the practices of the Mosaic Law - such as circumcision, fasting, eating kosher, keeping Sabbath and the Feast Days? Maybe it is because I affirm the ongoing applicability of the moral law. Well, so did all the Apostles. That is why they made lists of various sins - just to make sure people understood what was wrong and what was right. Jesus affirmed the moral principles too. Did that make Him a Judaizer?

The scripture you cited speaks about "godliness" (or "God likeness") as being in accord with the truth he preached:

1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness (Titus 1:1)

As long as we are in Titus lets look at another scripture that bears on this discussion:

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works (Titus 2:11-14)

We should be renouncing all ungodliness and passion not hiding it under a cover of libertine "free grace." God does not want antinomianism. He gave Himself specifically to redeem us from ALL lawlessness. We are also supposed to be zealous for....(gasp)...good works(??) Was Paul advocating the Phariseeical practice of obtaining right standing with God through meritorious works? No, he was speaking of the activity of real faith. This is what the Spirit does in and through us when we yield to Him.

Yes... wipe that shock off your face wolfie... lambs are going to trample your lies. Yes ....

But... But...

But, Silence (Titus 1:11)

You were warned and now you are seen for the sheep facade you were wearing. Your spirit has been tested and your wolves teeth are revealed. No little red riding hood for you! The swords are trained on your lies.

Show us your faith ... wolfie! You show us your faith and we'll show you our works of Jesus Christ. We wear His righteousness as armor!

Your dead corpse works stink!

Legal Clause... The use of the word Wolfie© is a trade mark of [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]. enterprises.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

"Most often"? What about the other times?

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Are you saying that there is not just one thing which a person must do other than believe the gospel in order to be saved?

Shasta

You have made quite a few judgments about me, not knowing anything about me or how I live. You have accused me, for instance, of living in some kind of bondage. Why? Because I said we Christians should not use the pretext of "free grace" as a license to practice lawlessness. Didn't Paul say the same thing? Read Titus 2:11-14.

I will concede, however, that I do not have complete liberty. For instance, I do not have the liberty to live a lifestyle of immorality. I am not "free" to hate people or even harbor unforgiveness. I wear a yoke too though not the yoke of the law but the yoke of Christ who is such a harsh taskmaster that His commands are that I love him and other people which the Spirit enables me to do.

Your scripture (Galatians 2:4) is referring to the dangers posed by the Judaizers who wanted to convert the Gentile believers to Judaism by imposing the rite of circumcision and other practices. When have I ever recommended that to anyone? I have not.

Paul also says
25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us walk in step with the Spirit (Galatians 5:25)

"Walk" refers to how we conduct ourselves in our daily lives. This means trusting in Him as well as obeying Him.

He also wrote that we are to:

...walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

It is only through walking BY the Spirit that we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, nevertheless, the verb "walk" is in the imperative mood, meaning that it is a command we must submit to. Is it "legalistic" to follow this command? One of the main purposes of the Holy Spirit is so that we might be conformed to the image of the Son - which was the essence of what the moral law was about.

so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:4)

Shasta

"Most often"? What about the other times?

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Are you saying that there is not just one thing which a person must do other than believe the gospel in order to be saved?

Generally, you take the definition that is most prevalent. That is common practice when using any word that has more than one definition but in the context of a moral appeal the word was not just about a mental change of opinion. It had more force. Rather than address that you have disregarded the lexicons of NT language and grammar in favor of a relatively uncommon meaning you had to dig up out of the LXX, a context which was not speaking about people but God. Now I have to ask myself why you are going to the trouble unless you are trying to reverse-engineer textual meanings as they have been traditionally understood in order to impose some new paradigm.

The message was repent and believe. Since you cannot delete the "repentance" part you have to redefine it to make it more consistent with your theology.

Jerry Shugart

Generally, you take the definition that is most prevalent.

Sure, if it suits your purpose that is what you do.

That is common practice when using any word that has more than one definition but in the context of a moral appeal the word was not just about a mental change of opinion.

Let's examine the "context":

"Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead" (Acts 17:29-31)​
The words "think" and "ignorant" are speaking about these people's mental process in regard to what they think of God, "that the Godhead is like unto gold or something graven by men."

And then Paul tells them to have a change of mind (repent) about their opinion of God because He is not a graven image but instead He will judge the world in the future.

But you jerk the meaning of the Greek word translated "repent" out of its context and then you place a foreign meaning on that word.

glorydaz

You have made quite a few judgments about me, not knowing anything about me or how I live. You have accused me, for instance, of living in some kind of bondage. Why? Because I said we Christians should not use the pretext of "free grace" as a license to practice lawlessness. Didn't Paul say the same thing? Read Titus 2:11-14.

And you have made quite a few judgments about those of us who trust in the obedience of Christ instead of our own. Your assumptions about "free grace" are nothing more than finger pointing because you don't understand what it means to be new creatures created in Christ Jesus. If you did, you wouldn't be making such charges.

I will concede, however, that I do not have complete liberty. For instance, I do not have the liberty to live a lifestyle of immorality. I am not "free" to hate people or even harbor unforgiveness. I wear a yoke too though not the yoke of the law but the yoke of Christ who is such a harsh taskmaster that His commands are that I love him and other people which the Spirit enables me to do.

"Harsh taskmaster"? You're contradicting yourself again.

Your scripture (Galatians 2:4) is referring to the dangers posed by the Judaizers who wanted to convert the Gentile believers to Judaism by imposing the rite of circumcision and other practices. When have I ever recommended that to anyone? I have not.

No, Paul's admonition refers to all who go about establishing their own righteousness...those who add anything to His Gospel of believing unto salvation.

Paul also says
25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us walk in step with the Spirit (Galatians 5:25)

"Walk" refers to how we conduct ourselves in our daily lives. This means trusting in Him as well as obeying Him.

...walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

It is only through walking BY the Spirit that we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, nevertheless, the verb "walk" is in the imperative mood, meaning that it is a command we must submit to. Is it "legalistic" to follow this command? One of the main purposes of the Holy Spirit is so that we might be conformed to the image of the Son - which was the essence of what the moral law was about.

so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:4)

All of that to support your idea that believing it not enough. We must add "repentance" (and what you mean by that, I haven't yet figured out}, and obedience (which you insist means more than obeying the Gospel by believing). You've made all that pretty clear as you go about accusing others of not being righteous enough. You can't simply add to the gift of God and not expect to face some opposition. What the Spirit does to and through us is to His glory, and boasting is excluded. When that is not the case, we see people like you pointing your finger at what you imagine is another person's behaviour.

As far as your interpretation of what Paul says...we are not in the flesh. You can't walk in the flesh if your are not in the flesh. Paul is explaining...not commanding.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

PS...would you please keep your posts shorter, then we won't take up so much space per post?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Paul also says

How dare you wield the book of Galatians! You are arrogant and ignorant to do so! That entire book rips your lies to shreads! Galatians?!?

You've graduated from Judaizer to Foolish Galatian that Paul would have leveled with the genuine message of faith and salvational assurance!

Paul outright exalts salvation by faith! I see your fruit! How could I not? You're a biblical twisting fruit!

All rending intended,

-EE

Shasta

Yes... wipe that shock off your face wolfie... lambs are going to trample your lies. Yes ....

But... But...

But, Silence (Titus 1:11)

You were warned and now you are seen for the sheep facade you were wearing. Your spirit has been tested and your wolves teeth are revealed. No little red riding hood for you! The swords are trained on your lies.

Show us your faith ... wolfie! You show us your faith and we'll show you our works of Jesus Christ. We wear His righteousness as armor!

Your dead corpse works stink!

Legal Clause... The use of the word Wolfie© is a trade mark of [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]. enterprises.

Obviously I cannot show you my faith any more than you can show me your "works" I know nothing about your life and you know nothing about mine other than what I post. Even if you were to describe all your good works I would have no idea about whether what you said really happened or it was your interpretation of what happened...but you probably were not being serious about that.

It is interesting, is it not, that I, the one you are accusing of being for "works" never mention anything about what Christ might have done through me. I have absolutely no interest in doing so nor do I have any interest in getting "reps" around here. I am only here to discuss the scriptures Rather than do this you persist in calling names and hurling invectives. As for this john w I know next to nothing about what he believes so your reference is lost on me.

Shasta

How dare you wield the book of Galatians! You are arrogant and ignorant to do so! That entire book rips your lies to shreads! Galatians?!?

You've graduated from Judaizer to Foolish Galatian that Paul would have leveled with the genuine message of faith and salvational assurance!

Paul outright exalts salvation by faith! I see your fruit! How could I not? You're a biblical twisting fruit!

All rending intended,

-EE

Go back read what I quoted and tell me how I have misinterpreted it.

Shasta

And you have made quite a few judgments about those of us who trust in the obedience of Christ instead of our own. Your assumptions about "free grace" are nothing more than finger pointing because you don't understand what it means to be new creatures created in Christ Jesus. If you did, you wouldn't be making such charges.

"Harsh taskmaster"? You're contradicting yourself again.

No, Paul's admonition refers to all who go about establishing their own righteousness...those who add anything to His Gospel of believing unto salvation.

All of that to support your idea that believing it not enough. We must add "repentance" (and what you mean by that, I haven't yet figured out}, and obedience (which you insist means more than obeying the Gospel by believing). You've made all that pretty clear as you go about accusing others of not being righteous enough. You can't simply add to the gift of God and not expect to face some opposition. What the Spirit does to and through us is to His glory, and boasting is excluded. When that is not the case, we see people like you pointing your finger at what you imagine is another person's behaviour.

As far as your interpretation of what Paul says...we are not in the flesh. You can't walk in the flesh if your are not in the flesh. Paul is explaining...not commanding.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

PS...would you please keep your posts shorter, then we won't take up so much space per post?

Galatians says "walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh" Grammatically, word "walk" is not a statement declaring what they were (inevitably) doing by virtue of some legal position in Christ. It was a command that required a response of the will. "Walking" refers to how we behave, the pattern of our choices. If we can choose to walk in the Spirit we can certainly choose not to. Whenever we refuse to walk in the Spirit, we will automatically walk in the flesh.