[End of the world as we know it (
waterski.gif
)] Wot? !!!!
REM waterski song
bye.gif

See:

Planet X

eider

According to Jesus and Ezekiel, Sodom's crime was inhospitality and ignorance of the suffering of the poor.

Thankyou for that info....... I had missed that.
So, basically, Sodom's crime was that it was a Leftist City..... :D

Since everybody against gays is quoting the OT laws, I thought that the following might suit for Sodom...

Ex.22:24
Deut. 15:7
Deut. 15:9
Deut. 24:10

Thanks again for that info..... :)

Reactions: Lon

kiwimacahau

Thankyou for that info....... I had missed that.
So, basically, Sodom's crime was that it was a Leftist City..... :D

Since everybody against gays is quoting the OT laws, I thought that the following might suit for Sodom...

Ex.22:24
Deut. 15:7
Deut. 15:9
Deut. 24:10

Thanks again for that info..... :)
Modern political shades do not apply to other times and cultures.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

eider

Indeed, I don't imagine that they do.
That was just me, enjoying some humour. The smiley was intended to show that.

But the serious part of my post was the inclusion of four bible quotes.

:)

eider

I've been thinking about the above.

There is not one political shade which is 'modern'.
John the Baptist was furious about the way in which ordinary folks would trek all the way to Jerusalem from Northern provinces (and elsewhere), risking bandits all the way, even thru Judea from Jericho to Jerusalem, limited to the Jordan's East Bank in order to avoid Samaria, once arriving around Jerusalem fleeced for every meal, bed and service they needed, despised by the locals because of their strange voices and accents, and then, once arriving at the Temple being charged for bureau-de-change services into Temple coinage which showed a Greek God on its face Melgarth-Heracles, known to them as Baal...... yes...... Baal (!!!) on every Temple coin, then fleeced for the purchase of a perfect lamb, and further fleeced for Priesthood services ............... just to free themselves of any feelings of guilt, to feel clean at last..... until next time when they've saved a bit more money.

And so John (who hated the hypocrisy and greed of the priesthood) came out of the wastes where he subsisted upon the sends and surges of nature and the Grace of God, and his call went out to the travellers, 'Come to me, and I will hear your confessions and immerse you in these waters..... for the Remission of your sins!'

And they came...... and then they flocked in their thousands...... and those Temple takings started to fall away......

Now...... if that was a prophet coming out of some desert today, calling out to the people to come and be cleansed...... for little or nothing ...... what labels do you think that folks would plant upon him?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Sexual sin same as confusing dinner folk with salad fork Ex 20:14] Thank you for that info...

Ro 1:32

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).

eider

Hmmmph....... why do you do that? ........... stuff bits of junk in other folk's quotations?
*grumble grumble*

Now...... whatya got?

Wowe! Well at least you've got the right covenant. So let's have a look at the context....
Romans {1:29} Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, {1:30} Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, {1:31} Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: {1:32} Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

What a wicked naughty deception! Out of about 22 bad things, you snuck that in as if it was an indictment against gays. Suitable 'smilie' coming up :madmad:

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).
....... and now you've needed to sneak back into the Old Covenant for more Old Laws, 'cos you couldn't find anything suitable in the New.
And your smilie isn't a stripper..... she's a pole dancer....... much more..... umm.... athletical.
And what's a pole dancer got to do with gays?

Suitable smilie coming up...... :kookoo:

eider

Bits of junk :idunno: God's word Jn 8:37

No my lovely....... not Ex 20:14 from the Old Covenant... I was referring to your personal junk, as well you know. I'm getting to know you, just a bit.

Now, let's look at your new quote.... John 8:37. Ah yes... you've manipulated that, I see. :D
This is so much fun! :)

Jesus was telling a Jewish audience some with him, many not.....
John {8:31} Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; {8:32} And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. {8:33} They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? {8:34} Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the
servant of sin. {8:35} And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: [but] the Son abideth ever. 8:36} If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. {8:37} I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. {8:38} I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. {8:39} They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the
works of Abraham. {8:40} But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. {8:41} Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, [even] God.

So they all declared themselves to be sons of God, their Father....... interesting.

...which gets you, with your agenda....... nowhere.
Mr 'Nowhere' Serpentdove, maybe? :idunno:

eider

he
"Law without penalty is only advise." ~ Adrian Rogers

My goodness! You really don't get it, do you....! ?
Sin....... caused....... SICKNESS, and DEATH! :grave:
Sickness and/or death could be the penalty for breaking the laws.
Oh dear... where is the correct smiley for this...... :bang:

Which of course is why so many of the 613 were written, to protect from sickness, plague, death.

eider

God's law is perpetual and ongoing (Mt 5:18). When did God nail do not murder, do not commit adultery to the cross? :smokie: Mal 4:4-6, Mt 24:14
So you selected two laws written up in the new covenant!

Or do you obey all of the old covenant laws? You don't, do you......!
You're wriggling!
...... and squirming...... yuk.. .