Hollywood pedophiles

Arthur Brain

It's hard to discuss this with someone like you that thinks society has reached it's pinnacle of depravity.

I think society was more depraved when it deprived women of the vote, tolerated children risking life and limb sweeping chimneys, treat blacks as second class citizens and forced homosexuals to live in the closet. Thankfully society has progressed beyond draconian times.

musterion

Musty is right.
At this point it could be an extreme case, but let's face it, extreme cases exist.

We are seeing right now in Hollywood how pedophilia has been hushed up, or just ignored, or threatened or payed
off a victim so film productions could go on.
It's been 'look the other way' for years to not rock the boat so as to have the appearance that everything was normal.

Ignore the emotionally retarded limey.

Just today the Left (much of it) did a 180° and came out in defense of Al Franken, a true creep, liar and harasser, even though (a) they've been demanding Moore's head on a pike for similar offenses and (b) only a week ago Franken posted a pious FB post about what a bad, bad man Weinstein is (and he is). But get this...Slate -- if you can believe it, leftist Slate -- is calling for Franken to resign to keep Democrats from looking even more like hypocrites...because when Leftist harassment skeletons start coming out of the closets, there'll be an avalanche of bones a warehouse won't contain.

leeann-airplane-pic.jpg

She's sound asleep. This is evidently after scumbag Franken force-Frenched her in rehearsal.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Ignore the pathological paranoiac:

Just today the Left (much of it) did a 180° and came out in defense of Al Franken

Schumer Calls For Ethics Committee To Probe Franken Allegations

New Republic: Al Franken is in big trouble... Franken has already responded. Suffice it to say, this won’t cut it.

HuffPo: Senate Dems Leave No Room For Ambiguity In Denouncing Al Franken

That's just for starters. As usual, you let your hatred of "the left" get in the way of rational thinking.

Arthur Brain

Just today the Left (much of it) did a 180° and came out in defense of Al Franken, a true creep, liar and harasser, even though (a) they've been demanding Moore's head on a pike for similar offenses and (b) only a week ago Franken posted a pious FB post about what a bad, bad man Weinstein is (and he is). But get this...Slate -- if you can believe it, leftist Slate -- is calling for Franken to resign to keep Democrats from looking even more like hypocrites...because when Leftist harassment skeletons start coming out of the closets, there'll be an avalanche of bones a warehouse won't contain.

leeann-airplane-pic.jpg

She's sound asleep. This is evidently after scumbag Franken force-Frenched her in rehearsal.

Eh, if there's anyone stunted around these parts it's cranks like you and aCW. You're clearly a paranoid wingnut and a very bitter little man. As for Franken then what he did was pathetic and he deserves the boot. If Moore is guilty of sexual assault and the molestation of a fourteen year old girl then what do you think he should face?

WizardofOz

How is there debate here? People shouldn’t sexualize children.

I think everyone here will agree on that. I don't see any debate revolving around some saying people shouldn't while others saying we should sexualize children. This is a debate because of people varying reactions to the many recent cases of sexual harassment and sexual abuse.

If anyone here has argued in favor of sexualizing children, kindly point them out.

Oh, and welcome to TOL :e4e:

Grip Docility

I think everyone here will agree on that. I don't see any debate revolving around some saying people shouldn't while others saying we should sexualize children. This is a debate because of people varying reactions to the many recent cases of sexual harassment and sexual abuse.

If anyone here has argued in favor of sexualizing children, kindly point them out.

IC. So, collectively, the back and forth is over the implications of the current trend in exposing sexual misconduct in Hollywood and if it sincere or not?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yeppers.

Just keeping the news alive to watch and see what the outcomes will be.

Grip Docility

Yeppers.

Just keeping the news alive to watch and see what the outcomes will be.

This makes sense. There will be much more news to come on this topic. It is simply odd that people have waited so long to come forward. It seems like people had accepted the grime as part of establishment of a career. Now, the money points to reporting people to establish a career. I wonder if this is a sincere trend or a trend with monetary motivation.

musterion

This makes sense. There will be much more news to come on this topic. It is simply odd that people have waited so long to come forward. It seems like people had accepted the grime as part of establishment of a career. Now, the money points to reporting people to establish a career. I wonder if this is a sincere trend or a trend with monetary motivation.

Normal people fear not being believed. That's too bad but it's often true.

But even marginally "connected" people, who know how things really work, fear being destroyed.

Look what happened to the guy who wrote a bio on Geffen that he didn't like. Ended up mysteriously dead, police investigation closed.

Or Seth Rich.

musterion

Eh, if there's anyone stunted around these parts it's cranks like you and aCW. You're clearly a paranoid wingnut and a very bitter little man. As for Franken then what he did was pathetic and he deserves the boot. If Moore is guilty of sexual assault and the molestation of a fourteen year old girl then what do you think he should face?

The same, if it was in fact a 14 year old girl.

Even IF the age of consent was 14 at that time (and I can NOT imagine it was and hope it was not) then while a scummy thing to do, he technically did not break the law. But I still cannot say I'd want him serving as a Senator...but since I don't live in Alabama, I don't have the liberty of not voting for him.

Grip Docility

Normal people fear not being believed. That's too bad but it's often true.

But even marginally "connected" people, who know how things really work, fear being destroyed.

Look what happened to the guy who wrote a bio on Geffen that he didn't like. Ended up mysteriously dead, police investigation closed.

Or Seth Rich.

Normal people do fear not being believed. They can also blame themselves if unaware of the psychological impact of sexual abuse. This is sad, but true.

Even “Marginally” connected people do fear being destroyed. This is even an old literary device that has been used for over 3000 years. It is well established.

I need to research the names you suggested.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Or Seth Rich.

The family of Seth Rich would like you to stop your conspiracy mongering.

Family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich criticizes right-wing media's role in igniting new conspiracy in murder case

Asked about the attention the new report received from right-leaning outlets, Brad Bauman, a representative for the Rich family, said the family condemned the attempt to politicize Rich's death.

"It's sad but unsurprising that a group of media outlets who have repeatedly lied to the American people would try and manipulate the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda," Bauman told Business Insider. "I think there is a special place in hell for people like that."

musterion

I don't care what your opinion is of him, the fact remains that he was quick to respond along with many others in Congress and journalism, in direct opposition to your claim that much of "the left" has "come out in defense" of Franken.

Don't lie. It's unbecoming.

I'm not lying. Lots of Senate ethics investigations end up as nothing more than brooms that sweep inconvenient facts under a rug, out of public view. I do not trust Schumer farther than I can throw a Chevy small block. But since this one has broke big, I seriously doubt corrupt Chuckie S. will be able to flack much for Al, whose vote the Dems do not want to lose.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm not lying. Lots of Senate ethics investigations end up as nothing more than brooms that sweep inconvenient facts under a rug, out of public view. I do not trust Schumer farther than I can throw a Chevy small block. But since this one has broke big, I seriously doubt corrupt Chuckie S. will be able to flack much for Al, whose vote the Dems do not want to lose.

We're not talking about how Senate investigations end up.

We're talking about your mischaracterization of how "the left" reacted to the news about Franken today.

Arthur Brain

The same, if it was in fact a 14 year old girl.

Even IF the age of consent was 14 at that time (and I can NOT imagine it was and hope it was not) then while a scummy thing to do, he technically did not break the law. But I still cannot say I'd want him serving as a Senator...but since I don't live in Alabama, I don't have the liberty of not voting for him.

There shouldn't be any state that has or had a legal age of consent as low as 14 and if he's guilty of the allegations then do you think he should serve jail time? Fair enough, you wouldn't want the guy serving as senator but he should face more than just losing his political career.