His Feet Shall Stand on the Mount of Olives

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I think that it will be here when Zechariah 14:2-4 will be fulfilled:

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened" (Mt.24:21-22).​

The Lord Jesus will intervene at this time and in that way those days will be shortened. Then after the tribulation there will be signs in the sky and then the Lord Jesus will be seen in the sky (Mt.24:29-30).

And this passage I quoted earlier, shows that after the signs are seen in the sky He will be leaving Jerusalem:

"The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake" (Joel 3:15-16).​

So when the Lord Jesus will be seen in the sky He will be coming from Jerusalem:

"and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky. Then all the tribes of the eretz will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory" (Mt.24:30).​

Not only do I agree, but I also appreciate the way you have ordered these events. They fit into the cross reference of all like scriptures in the New and Old Testament!

Revelations begins to fit into these bookends as well.

The Locusts reference of Rev. And Joel 1 might even order into this.

What's your opinion on this?

Reference Rev. 9 and Joel 1 through 2:9 for full context. (Note that both reference an army as Locusts.)

Jerry Shugart

What's your opinion on this?

I believe that the "tribulation" mentioned at Matthew 24:21 is limited to Israel. After the tribulation is over then the signs will be seen in the sky (Mt.24:29) and then we see that after that there will be judgment coming on the whole earth:

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken...For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth"
(Lk.21":25-26;35).​

So when we see the reference to the signs in the sky in the book of Revelation we know that the events spoken of after that refer to the events which will come on the whole earth and have nothing to do with the tribulation mentioned at Matthew 24:21:

"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb"
(Rev.6:12-16).​

Last edited:

balut55

You won't know day or time is the idiom for festival of trumpets which is on September 26,2022. Maybe around this time.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

balut55

I believe that the "tribulation" mentioned at Matthew 24:21 is limited to Israel. After the tribulation is over then the signs will be seen in the sky (Mt.24:29) and then we see that after that there will be judgment coming on the whole earth:

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken...For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth"

So when we see the reference to the signs in the sky in the book of Revelation we know that the events spoken of after that refer to the events which will come on the whole earth and have nothing to do with the tribulation mentioned at Matthew 24:21:

"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb"
(Rev.6:12-16).​

I think the tribulations is worldwide. The Philippines is being prepared for a Chinese take over. The summary executions is part of it. Satan has taken their hearts in agreeing with executions. Ten kings and ten province. The EU is going through throws of change. The United States will be destroyed in one hour. The Bible clearly states this fact.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Opinions please!

When will this prophecy be fulfilled?:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

I can see only one place in the Scriptures when this will be fulfilled. Does anyone think that they know when it will be fulfilled?

Thanks!

Acts 1:11-12 is the missing link here. It's time this thread started building. : )

I'm going to start by pointing out that much doctrine has discounted the obvious link in these verses. It seems it's time to expand on these matters.

<(I)>

Jerry Shugart

I think the tribulations is worldwide.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

One thing that I am learning about your threads is that I can't get away with holding personal theological cards to my chest.

I will let go of some more of them now.

I agree and I believe that the "worlds" response to this situation will galvanize their standing with God. If God says in Joel 3:2 that He's upset at the division of Israel, I'm certain that it matters to pay close attention to how these events unfold. The final generation that fully wittinesses these things must break from doctrines of men and trust scripture and the testimony of Grace and Love.

Much of the world hates Jews and Israel. The predominant anti-theist view is that Israel is a false creation of people that believe in a fake God. I wonder if Christondom is catching the implications of this?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I will divulge more of my personal conjecture.

I believe that Zechariah is a very important book in assistance with prophecy. I believe that there is a seldom noted link between 1 Pt. 3:18 and Zechariah 3. The key is in the implications of the name "Joshua". This is important because it shows that the first Presence of God amongst us was found in this book. This would empower the implications of Zechariah 14:4 in reference to the second coming.

Interplanner

I will divulge more of my personal conjecture.

I believe that Zechariah is a very important book in assistance with prophecy. I believe that there is a seldom noted link between 1 Pt. 3:18 and Zechariah 3. The key is in the implications of the name "Joshua". This is important because it shows that the first Presence of God amongst us was found in this book. This would empower the implications of Zechariah 14:4 in reference to the second coming.

More esoteric nonsense. Mt 24A to v29 was about the revolt in Judea in the 1st century. After v29 it is about the worldwide day of Judgement.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
More esoteric nonsense. Mt 24A to v29 was about the revolt in Judea in the 1st century. After v29 it is about the worldwide day of Judgement.

Thanks for your opinion and input.

Your contribution to the OP is astounding! I'm amazed at your use of million dollar, western eschatology rhetoric!

How...... original

# Scathing Sarcasm
# Western Eschatology Drone
# Interplanner Kidman stars in "eyes wide shut"

#When is [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] adding a dislike button?

Jerry Shugart

Where do you place the fulfillment of this prophecy on the timeline revealed by the Lord Jesus Christ?:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

Jerry Shugart

Acts 1:11-12 is the missing link here. It's time this thread started building. : )

I'm going to start by pointing out that much doctrine has discounted the obvious link in these verses. It seems it's time to expand on these matters.

I am pleased that you brought up these verses:

"And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11. Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. 12. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey" (Acts 1:10-12).​

These verses are describing the Lord Jesus' ascending into heaven. As verse twelve indicates, the Lord ascended from the Mount of Olives. And those witnessing this event were told that the Lord Jesus would return in the same way that he went to heaven. And the following peophecy reveals exactly when that will happen:

The Lord Jesus left when His feet were standing on the Mount of Olives and when He will return His feet will stand on the same Mount.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, and the words here about the "BRANCH" and the "Stone" reveal more about the second coming:

"Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day"
(Zech.3:8-9).​

We see the fulfillment of this later in the 13th Chapter:

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God" (Zech.13:8-9).​

balut55

<(I)>

The day of the lord is here. The world has turned against Israel. I would say that he will stand on the mount of olives close to the "feast of trumpets" 2022. Israel's Sanhedrin counsel met in July 2016 and declared a Jubilee. In order to declare a Jubilee Israel must be a God mandated state which was declared. The UN resolution was the response.

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

In the next two years Jesus will wipe out millions. He is the stone as referred to in Daniel. The day of the lord is vengeance and gathering of the wheat.

Trump and Israel tunnel vision. God has definitely placed a plan in Trumps's minion brain.

balut55

Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.