Hip Hop White House

Arthur Brain

I thought so.

Well now you know, you'll stop doing it? :idunno:

If I did that, it would be trollish as you say. :peach:

You do do that. You make false allegations about people in your sig alone before the miscontext even comes into play...

I never interrupt Barbarian while he makes a fool of himself. :DK:

You don't get chance to 'interrupt' people on a debate forum SD. I'll bet you don't quote him in full in response however...:rolleyes:

Left and Right enter into it (Eccl 10:2).

That has to do with politics how exactly?

After you and Cheese take your disputes to the U.N., comment on Michelle Obama. What do you think of her? A little Spartan? :smokie:

Somehow I reckon the U.N would have better things to do......and as to Michelle Obama. She's a politicians wife. Much like any other I suspect. Flawed like the rest of us.

Quincy

Well, it kinda works like this SD. You're a troll if you deliberately misrepresent people, make allegations towards other members sans evidence, misquote people out of context and link to own website etc. Left and Right really don't enter into it...Clear enough now? Excellent!
Glad to be of service etc

:e4e:

I cannot rep you for awhile.. apparently but for that avatar, I owe you one. I just laughed so hard my stomach hurts.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Fatherless homes in the black community are a big problem. Perhaps the :Nineveh: Obamas :peach: could find time between :wazzup: bad poetry parties to speak out on the issue. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's why you noted and narrowed, your overwhelming concern for them on that point. You do realize that there are more single parent homes with white women out there suffering from the irresponsibility of dead-beat dads, don't you?

Should the Speaker of the House be all over that one?

:rolleyes:

bigbang123

Romney is clearly trumpeting an aspect of his candidacy that none of his top-tier rivals can match, observers say.[/I]

Just saying...

that reminds me of one of Romney's lame mormon jokes during the last Presidential cycle - "He believes that mariage should be between a man and a woman and a woman and ...."

What's the word on Pawlenty - isn't he still with wife # 1?

I think Ron (he doesn't stand a chance) Paul is still with wife # 1.

I'm pretty sure that Karen Santorum is Rick Santorum's only wife.

But then again - you did say top-tier rivals

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"She's a politicians wife...Flawed like the rest of us."
Too bad :peach: she involves herself in policy.

"...Take this short history quiz. What time and place in history do the following statements describe?

People, especially the educated ones, have rejected traditional religion.
Cults from the East have been accepted.
Astrology is practiced.
Patriotism ahs declined.
Men practice manners which have previously been considered effeminate.
The upper class is consumed with the pursuit of pleasure.
Education stresses knowledge more than character, and produces masses of half-educated people.
Public athletic games have turned into professional contests.
Homosexuality is popular.
Men who want to watch dances by unclad women do not have to go far to find them.
The dramas of the day are full of seduction and adultery.
A women's' liberation movement has brought women into active roles in a culture which has previously been male oriented.
Motherhood is devalued, and the bearing of children is viewed an inconvenience.
Abortion is commonly practiced, as well as infanticide.

Choose the best answer from the following:
A. America, during the 1950s
B. Ancient Greece, during the later stages of its decline
C. America, today

(If you selected B or C, you are correct. Either one will do.)

The similarities between decadent Greece and present day America are stark and sobering...This was Greece near the end of her life (pg. 19-20, Overman)."

Arthur Brain

Too bad :peach: she involves herself in policy.

"...Take this short history quiz. What time and place in history do the following statements describe?

People, especially the educated ones, have rejected traditional religion.
Cults from the East have been accepted.
Astrology is practiced.
Patriotism ahs declined.
Men practice manners which have previously been considered effeminate.
The upper class is consumed with the pursuit of pleasure.
Education stresses knowledge more than character, and produces masses of half-educated people.
Public athletic games have turned into professional contests.
Homosexuality is popular.
Men who want to watch dances by unclad women do not have to go far to find them.
The dramas of the day are full of seduction and adultery.
A women's' liberation movement has brought women into active roles in a culture which has previously been male oriented.
Motherhood is devalued, and the bearing of children is viewed an inconvenience.
Abortion is commonly practiced, as well as infanticide.

Choose the best answer from the following:
A. America, during the 1950s
B. Ancient Greece, during the later stages of its decline
C. America, today

The similarities between decadent Greece and present day America are stark and sobering...This was Greece near the end of her life (pg. 19-20, Overman)."

What exactly is 'traditional religion'? A conservative view of Christianity? :squint:

Education wouldn't be much use if it didn't enhance knowledge. Maths doesn't have anything to do with character by way of example, though teaching moral values etc is obviously a good thing

Are you against professional sport? I'm not, I enjoy being a spectator to a fair bit of it...

Nothing wrong with women being liberated IMO. Rather ironic you'd quote that as plenty misogynistic men would think you shouldn't even be allowed to have your say on here SD....

People have always had a sex drive and it's pretty naive to think that promiscuity only existed with the introduction of strip clubs...

The dramas (as well as the films of today) are often hit or miss. Personally I don't want my viewing limited to Mary Poppins and the like...

Homosexuality is accepted now. If that equates to being 'popular' then thats your correlation.

Not every woman wants to have children. Thats hardly something to have 'just appeared'.

Abortion is hardly new either...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[T]hat's why you noted and narrowed, your overwhelming concern for them on that point...."
If I am not concerned why did I bring it up? Are you concerned? Are you projecting your lack of concern on me?

[White dead beat dads] "Should the Speaker of the House be all over that one?"
Obama is the first black American President. :Nineveh: He speaks ebonically when it serves him. :peach: His wife bumps and grinds on The White House South lawn while encouraging people to get fit like a Spartan. She has invited a "poet" to the White House who encourages violence against authorities and former Presidents. Do you think this first family is serving as a fine example for black youth to emulate?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If I am not concerned why did I bring it up?
Rather, why not suggest a wider net OR suggest a connection between the larger problem among whites laid at the feet of Mr. Bonner?

Are you concerned? Are you projecting your lack of concern on me?
Rather, I'm noting the phoniness, a concentration owing its existence singularly to your desire to slight the President, one evidenced by your focus and in the surrounding commentary.

Obama is the first black American President. :Nineveh: He speaks ebonically when it serves him.
Right. I already got the race issue you struggle with. No need to further illustrate it with this or even stereotypical dietary attractions. :rolleyes:

:peach: His wife bumps and grinds on The White House South lawn while encouraging people to get fit like a Spartan.
No, really. The cherry on top and all. It's too kind of you. What kind, I'll leave to the reader. :D

...Do you think this first family is serving as a fine example for black youth to emulate?
Hard working, well educated people breaking through color barriers in the pursuit of public service...yeah, I can see how that would bother you. :chuckle:

Would you feel better if they lived on the porch? :plain:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"What exactly is 'traditional religion'?"
Faith in God (Heb 11:1).

"...[T]eaching moral values etc is obviously a good thing..."
Not Greek values. :shocked:

"...For the Hebrew, an objective, superhuman source of information was an absolute necessity in defining human values. This objective source was the Word of the personal-unlimited God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Understanding this superhuman source of information and applying it to their lives was critical to their well-being. That's how Moses, Solomon, and the Apostle Paul saw it. These men, and others like them, believed that to look within themselves, or to look within one's society , for the standards by which to measure values was to look in the wrong direction. Paul warned that those who measure themselves by themselves are unwise. Man was to look outward, to an objective instrument panel for successful flying in life. Not to understand this instrument panel (the Word of God) was to be uneducated, and to disregard it was foolish. And to say "man is the measure of all things" was stupidity, which explains why the study of Greek philosophy was not tolerated in Hebrew schools (pg. 46, Overman)."

"Are you against professional sport?"
No.

"...Sparta...a place where "no one was allowed to live after his own fancy; but the city was a sort of camp, in which every man ...looked upon himself not so much born to serve his own ends as the interests of his country...[T]hey were to make themselves one with the public good, and, clustered like bees around their commander, be by their zeal and public spirit carried all but out of themselves, and devoted wholly to their country."

...[F]or Lycurgus and his city-state, there was simply no greater good than the good of the group as a while. In Sparta we find one of the most brazen examples of statism the world has ever known. Statism means the interests of the state provide the sole bases of human worth and moral values. In statism, what is good, moral, honorable, and just is defined in terms of the goals and aspirations of the state itself. Under such conditions, the state sets the standards of value, not only for human lives, but for every human activity. Such values are prescribed by the state, and are relative to the purposes of its self-serving existence.

In Sparta, the will of the state was supreme, and its inhabitants were virtually owed by the city-state from the cradle to the grave. The Spartan army provided the cohesive factor of the culture. To be "good" meant to be strong and brave. The measurement of a man's worth was found in how much he contributed to the strength of the group as a whole. And in the process, the individual was minimized (pg. 38-39, Overman)."

"Nothing wrong with women being liberated IMO...."
How do you like :peach: Michelle calling her :Nineveh: husband "stinky" in public and correcting him time and time again? Her mother lives in The White House. :rolleyes:

"...As for the character of Spartan women, the Greek historian Plutarch described them as "bold and masculine, over bearing to their husbands (pg. 38, Overman)."

"...[H]ey buddy, you're the President. Get down to the Oval Office and call some leaders :)sibbie: Michelle Obama)."
People have always had a sex drive and it's pretty naive to think that promiscuity only existed with the introduction of strip clubs...
Our culture is sex-obsessed. Greece was in the end, too.
"The dramas (as well as the films of today) are often hit or miss. Personally I don't want my viewing limited to Mary Poppins and the like..."
O be careful little eyes what you see

There's a Father up above

And He's looking down in love

So, be careful little eyes what you see
"Homosexuality is accepted now. If that equates to being 'popular' then that's your correlation."
Are you tolerant of the Christian view opposing homosexuality? :rolleyes: You are a humanist. You value man's opinion over God's word (1 Cor 6:9).

"Not every woman wants to have children. That's hardly something to have 'just appeared'."
Europe is not reproducing itself. You don't see a problem with that?
"Homosexuality is accepted now..."
"...At seven years of age the Spartan boy was taken from his parents to be brought up by the state. He became part of a military training program which included the most severe forms of discipline. Bearing pain and hardships silently was expected of all. Any signs of cowardice brought days of disgrace. By the age of twelve, they were required to sleep in the open air on a bed of broken rushes from the river band. Underclothing was not allowed, and only one garment was worn throughout the entire year. They knew no comforts of home, but lived in barracks until the age of thirty. These youngsters were often the homosexual objects of older men.

At the age of thirty a man was admitted to the rights of a citizen and allowed to dine with his elders, where he was required from his thirtieth year to his sixtieth to eat his main daily meal in the public dining hall, the food being deliberately small in amount in order to harden him for war (pg. 37-38, Overman)."

"Abortion is hardly new either..."
New morality is old sin.

"A newborn baby's cry broke the early morning air as another human life took breath. A baby boy was born. His deep brown eyes and wavy, coal-black hair bore unmistakable resemblance to his parents. His father and mother were pictures of robust health, and this baby boy seemed healthy, too. Yet, he was considerably smaller than normal, which caused the parents to exchange glances of concern. "We'll let the Council decide," the mother said.

It was the City Council's duty to determine the worthiness of children born into this society. Infants were brought before the Council for official inspection and formal approval. It was for the common good of the city as a whole. The highest standards of strength must be maintained. Even before they brought him to the Council, his parents knew what the outcome would probably be. And they were right. This child was deemed unfit for life.

Removing the baby from his parents (who willingly have him up), the officials took him to a high cliff and tossed him over the edge. His helpless wail was abruptly cut off by the impact of his tiny body upon the jagged rocks below. A fleeting echo remained but for a moment. Then all was silent once again. This grisly scene really happened. Not once, but many times over. The place was Sparta. The time was about 2,500 years ago. The cliff is on Mt. Taygetus, in southern Greece.

What happens in a culture where the dividing line between man and animal is blurry? The answer is: The two blend into one. People lose their sense of humanity, and act more like animals than men. Such was the case in ancient Sparta (pg. 37, Overman)."

Last edited:

Flipper

I don't think so. Ancient Greece, with the exception of Sparta, appears to have generally treated women as chattel and non-citizens up until the end of the classical period. Sappho, the only female contributor to the Greek literary tradition, was pre-classical.

Aristophanes wrote Lysistrata, an ostensibly feminist play, but Aristophanes was a satirist who enjoyed absurdist inversions.

If that's a symbol of cultural decline then maybe you should post less?

Flipper

Faith in God (Heb 11:1).

"A newborn baby's cry broke the early morning air as another human life took breath. A baby boy was born. His deep brown eyes and wavy, coal-black hair bore unmistakable resemblance to his parents. His father and mother were pictures of robust health, and this baby boy seemed healthy, too. Yet, he was considerably smaller than normal, which caused the parents to exchange glances of concern. "We'll let the Council decide," the mother said.

It was the City Council's duty to determine the worthiness of children born into this society. Infants were brought before the Council for official inspection and formal approval. It was for the common good of the city as a whole. The highest standards of strength must be maintained. Even before they brought him to the Council, his parents knew what the outcome would probably be. And they were right. This child was deemed unfit for life.

Removing the baby from his parents (who willingly have him up), the officials took him to a high cliff and tossed him over the edge. His helpless wail was abruptly cut off by the impact of his tiny body upon the jagged rocks below. A fleeting echo remained but for a moment. Then all was silent once again. This grisly scene really happened. Not once, but many times over. The place was Sparta. The time was about 2,500 years ago. The cliff is on Mt. Taygetus, in southern Greece.

What happens in a culture where the dividing line between man and animal is blurry? The answer is: The two blend into one. People lose their sense of humanity, and act more like animals than men. Such was the case in ancient Sparta (pg. 37, Overman)."

You know, the Athenians thought the Spartans were bumpkins who couldn't control their women.

Sparta =/ Classical Greece.

Besides, the Spartans were ultimately defeated by a phalanx made up of exclusively gay men, so go figure.

Arthur Brain

Faith in God. (Heb 11:1)

Which isn't solely applicable to those who are conservative in their political outlook then is it?

Not Greek values. :shocked:

I am not interested in your copy/pastes. We don't live in Greece from thousands of years ago. Trying to compare the modern West to an ancient Civilization is just flaming bizarre...

Good. No problems then eh?

How do you like :peach: Michelle calling her :Nineveh: husband "stinky" in public and correcting him time and time again? Her mother lives in The White House. :rolleyes:

How would you like a man telling you you have no right to voice opinions in public? If you feel that strongly about it then get behind the kitchen sink and make the beds SD. Leave the debates et al to the menfolk....:rolleyes:

Our culture is sex-obsessed. Greece was in the end, too.

Fixation with sex is nothing new SD. Even in Victorian times....

There's a Father up above

And He's looking down in love

So, be careful little eyes what you see

Yep, well I do avoid the cheesy mind numbing pap for the most part but I don't want my viewing censored by what self righteous prudes deem as 'immoral' thanks.

Are you tolerant of the Christian view opposing homosexuality? :rolleyes: You are a humanist. You value man's opinion over God's word (1 Cor 6:9).

Yeh, I'm tolerant of it unless disagreement with that particular zealous view equates to being a 'humanist'....:yawn:

New morality is old sin.

Nice soundbite.....:plain: