High school newspaper exposes how state police quoted Adolf Hitler in training manual

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
...How do you trust the police? How?
I don't trust the police....
I don't understand how you feeling this way, can be anything but very strongly Pro-Second Amendment then. It's literally irrational. Because you're right to perceive the slightest movement in police activity toward oppression, toward brutality, as extremely serious, in a nation like ours, where our rule of law is first of all defended by the police, and there's very little to nothing behind that. There's just, armed, and the better armed, the better, civilians. We are the last line of defense of the rule of law, if the worst case scenario ever occurs, even if only in dribs and drabs, here and there. Police swear allegiance to the Constitution. So do all our elected officials. If they then forget it or are tricked into breaking their oath, that can't just be the end of the world, or the end of this nation, or the end of the American story. We can stand up. Our founders put the means to do it right in the Constitution, and the preamble to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights even alludes to this ultimate form of redress. All we have to do is treat that sacred right to keep and bear arms like the rights to free speech, religion, conscience, thought and homosexual marriage and indiscriminate abortions. We know how to do it, we just have to apply what we know to the basic human right to own and carry arms.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
One thing we've seen from the protests - the police lie, and they lie, and they lie. And then someone has cellphone video and the lie is shown for what it is.

What about all the decades and decades when there was no cellphone video? It's a terrible thing to think about.

Without cell phones, there would have been no BLM, no arrest for the killers. Police unions are lobbying for laws preventing citizens from photographing police, for just that reason.

As a photographer, I've occasionally had police officers try to tell me that I couldn't photograph things, and I'm not talking about taping them or their behavior. Many of them are either lying or profoundly ignorant of the law WRT photography in public. Not too long ago, I had a policewoman question me because I was photographing the front of an airline terminal by passenger drop-off.
I pointed out that I had taken hundreds of shots of that airport over the years, and no one had bothered me before. She was a little defensive about it, citing terrorism.

I laughed and said "I know I don't have to do this, but would you feel safer if I showed you my ID?" She looked surprised, but said she would. So I did. She never wrote anything down, and walked away. If I made her feel a little foolish, then I did my duty as a citizen.

I don't trust the police. It's a conundrum, I might need to call them some day. But I'm white. And still - I didn't trust them when my sons were teen drivers and I trust them even less now. I can't imagine what a Black mother must feel like when her sons go out at night.

I have a co-worker who happens to be black. He was also my neighbor for years. Black parents have to give their sons "the talk" about how not to trigger racist police, to look non-threatening, and to try to deescalate things if they encounter one. He's always afraid for his older son, who is in his late teens.

I thought that woman who was assaulted by out-of-control cops and had her kid taken from her and put up on a police union website, was white. Am I wrong about that? Remember, if they can get away with doing it to black people, they will eventually move on to others.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And this is why the left must be destroyed

What an irrational response. Do you realize you sound unhinged?

Not only for your bizarre non-sequitur but also because you know he's not "the left." You know it.

Nevertheless:

They are our fellow citizens. They are your neighbors. Their children play with your children. And they hold deep seated beliefs that you find abhorrant if they give them voice in your hearing.

Follow your own diktat.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Without cell phones, there would have been no BLM, no arrest for the killers. Police unions are lobbying for laws preventing citizens from photographing police, for just that reason.

Good post - and good photo, Barbarian.

Can't help but wonder if you'd have been able to diffuse the situation as easily if you'd been 'foreign-looking.'

I don't know if the woman driving the car was white. I couldn't see her in the mob of cops attacking her, I only saw the cop propaganda photo of her son.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Good post - and good photo, Barbarian.

Can't help but wonder if you'd have been able to diffuse the situation as easily if you'd been 'foreign-looking.'

I don't know if the woman driving the car was white. I couldn't see her in the mob of cops attacking her, I only saw the cop propaganda photo of her son.

you saw what they wanted you to see anna. You never saw the precipitating incident that caused the cops to swarm her car and break out the windows. You assume that there was no justifying precipitating incident, that the cops just went crazy, because you are willing to believe that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What an irrational response. Do you realize you sound unhinged?

Not only for your bizarre non-sequitur but also because you know he's not "the left." You know it.

Nevertheless:

Follow your own diktat.

I'm pretty sure if you did a survey of everybody except for you and a couple of your buddies here the general consensus would be that barbie is indeed a leftist.

And barbie's reveal of a longing to embarrass an authority figure - I can understand why you would be sympathetic to it. I hope that you can understand why I would be vigorously opposed to it.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
"I don't understand how you feeling this way, can be anything but very strongly Pro-Second Amendment then. It's literally irrational."
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

...How do you trust the police? How?
I don't trust the police....
I don't understand how you, feeling this way, can be anything but very strongly Pro-Second Amendment then. It's literally irrational.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't understand how you, feeling this way, can be anything but very strongly Pro-Second Amendment then. It's literally irrational.

I am pro-second amendment. I own guns. I don't know why you're tying that to my posts about not trusting the police and then making a rationality judgment on it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
One should be a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment for the same reason that one should support all of the Bill of Rights. You can't take away anyone's rights without endangering your own. Guns have been in the past, a plague on America, but that has been declining for some time. Regardless, the laws protecting our rights should be jealously guarded, and any attempt to encroach on them should be opposed.

Doesn't mean you get to scream "fire" in a crowded theater, or have unlimited access to heavy weapons; it's always a balance. But we should err on the side of freedom.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I know. But I don't need approval, almost everyone in my family owns guns, from small revolvers to 9mm to the full gamut of long guns. It's not a big deal.

Sorry, no. Responsible gun control isn't taking away your guns or my guns, but I can't get into more than that even if I had the inclination. I simply don't have the time.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
One should be a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment for the same reason that one should support all of the Bill of Rights. You can't take away anyone's rights without endangering your own. Guns have been in the past, a plague on America, but that has been declining for some time. Regardless, the laws protecting our rights should be jealously guarded, and any attempt to encroach on them should be opposed.

Doesn't mean you get to scream "fire" in a crowded theater, or have unlimited access to heavy weapons; it's always a balance. But we should err on the side of freedom.

Agree. Well said.