ECT Heretical Teaching of the Word-Faith Movement

musterion

I'm sorry, Steko. How about this one.

2012030550jan.jpg

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sorry, Steko. How about this one.

Ha! I was listening to Joe Focht, Calvary Chapel, probably fifteen years ago.
He said he ran into her on an elevator in Jerusalem.
Then he said, "I think Jimmy Hoffa may be hiding in there, somewhere!"

musterion

The efficacy of pentecostal "tongues."

2005-06-01-preacher-vs-raving-lunatic.gif

(yes, the guy on the left is very muddled but that's beside the point here)

rougueone

As I said, I was in the Word - Faith Movement. I went to Copeland revivals in St. Louis. I've read countless books by Copeland, Hagen, Savelle, Oral Roberts, Marilyn Hickey, etc. I spoke in tongues as did my wife. We nearly double-tithed every year. The New Age Movement started to infiltrate Grace World Outreach Center in St. Louis County. It's now known as Grace Church. My wife told me about the shenanigans going on during the "Happy Hunters" crusade some years before I became a Christian. God opened our eyes. If the Holy Spirit doesn't convict you that striving for riches which are perishable instead of developing a closer relationship with Jesus is more important, no amount of words on my part will ever be adequate. I prefer not to waste my limited amount of time left on this planet on fruitless endeavors.

Your obliviously disappointed. Consider some insight on this issue. You have much experience. I geared toward the Pentecostal movement itself.

"something amiss" with the Pentecostal church ?
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110126

Aimiel

Actually, scripture + Faith = experience.
You see, even if I never ever saw anything, I'd still believe it because the word says it.
You're paraphrasing, it's: "God said it, I believe it, that settles it." -- Smith Wigglesworth (one of the founding fathers of the Word of Faith). TV Preachers aside: Blood + Word = Defeat of Dragon.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

andyc

Acts 28. From then on, in Paul's letters, he never again refers to Israel as Israel or to Jews as Jews.

What does he refer to them as?

I already blew this out of the water weeks ago. The Greek is very specific on what the man had faith for, and it was to be saved, not to be healed.

The bible actually goes on to explain what he had faith for. "He leaped up and walked.

Pure wishful thinking. Quit eisegeting.

You don't know the situation.

Exactly. Because the gifts were gone, and remain gone. God CAN and DOES heal today, if He chooses to do so. But He no longer uses healers or the sign gifts. Everything claiming to be such today is either delusion or demonic, or a blend of both.

Repent while you can or you'll be meat for the lying signs and wonders that are coming.

Salvation and healing has always been as a result of God's mercy, whether or not people claim it.
Don't worry, it''ll never happen to you, because you reject it.

andyc

All the mocking aside, I was assuming this thread would lead to a discussion involving the teaching of word faith, but it continually yields posts attempting to expose media ministers. No longer interested until the teaching itself is dealt with.

All the mocking aside, I was assuming this thread would lead to a discussion involving the teaching of word faith, but it continually yields posts attempting to expose media ministers. No longer interested until the teaching itself is dealt with.
What teaching do you want discussed? Name it and claim it? Tongues versus languages?

andyc

What teaching do you want discussed? Name it and claim it? Tongues versus languages?

Word faith.

The fact you don't even know what it is, makes me think you were just sucked into the world of media ministers and the prosperity gospel, and just became disillusioned with the whole thing like a poor wounded bird who fell for all the tricks and scams.

Boring same ole same ole.

Cross Reference

Word faith.

The fact you don't even know what it is, makes me think you were just sucked into the world of media ministers and the prosperity gospel, and just became disillusioned with the whole thing like a poor wounded bird who fell for all the tricks and scams.

Indeed, why the unnecessary strife __ born in the unbelief of the purpose of Pentecost and perpetrated by cessationism?

Word faith.

Since you choose to speak ill of me instead of addressing my question, it very much reminds me of the "circle the wagons" attitude of the Word-Faith Movement. It's not very Christian of you to attack another Christian with verbal put-downs. I await your apology.

andyc

Indeed, why the unnecessary strife __ born in the unbelief of the purpose of Pentecost and perpetrated by cessationism?

Yeah same ole same ole.
Poor wounded deluded ex pentecostal who was suckered by the scams and feels all beat up and angry against all pentecostals.

Good luck in your powerless Christianity focusing on dispensationalism and uselessness.

andyc

Since you choose to speak ill of me instead of addressing my question, it very much reminds me of the "circle the wagons" attitude of the Word-Faith Movement. It's not very Christian of you to attack another Christian with verbal put-downs. I await your apology.

I've seen your types on here over and over. It doesn't wash with me. I see through it every time.

In fact I don't even believe you were ever even involved with it. You don't even understand what word faith is.

You're just a pathetic attention seeker.

Good day.

andyc

These people claim they were involved in the world of charismania, but they don't even understand the doctrines they claim to be involved in.
So they're either too unintelligent to even understand what they were taught, or they never were involved in the first place.

They're just here to seek attention from the powerless dispies.

Meh......leave em to cry in their beer.