Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Of course He secured eternal life for me...is why I wish to go and sin no more...
How were you saved? Why is sin still an issue with you? Have you not reckoned yourself to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yup He did so I can too...through faith in Him
You said your faith justified you, but the passage shows you it is by the faith OF Jesus Christ that we are justified. It means what it says, not as you say.

Again... the work is voluntary made easy by gratitude in Him as He takes over our lives...the yoke is light not burdensome as it symbolizes we are His
What work? Lay it out for me.

ThreeAngels

Only the ceremonial part of the law of Moses prefigured Christ's work and thus passed away when Christ died. The rest is as an exposition of the Ten Commandments. These directions relating to the duty of the people to God, to one another, and to the stranger were only the principles of the Ten Commandments amplified and given in a specific manner, that none need err.

Lilstu

Only the ceremonial part of the law of Moses prefigured Christ's work and thus passed away when Christ died. The rest is as an exposition of the Ten Commandments. These directions relating to the duty of the people to God, to one another, and to the stranger were only the principles of the Ten Commandments amplified and given in a specific manner, that none need err.

I couldn't find anything about "ceremonial law" in the Bible.

clefty

What? :idunno: What are you saying?

Would you kill a lamb and spread its blood on both sides and the top of your front door if you didn't believe your God told you to because He was gonna kill your child if you didn't

Would you do it if you didn't have faith He wasn't gonna go through with it and actually kill your child unless you killed a spotless lamb and killed it and put the blood all over your front door...

Or

Would you work on a boat for a hundred years if you didn't have faith your God told you to because He was gonna destroy the world with something you have never seen before...rain much less floods...

I could go on and on...

But I trust you see it was the faith that saved because of it's manifestation in works...

As for grace and mercy and justification...

Even Adam and Eve knew grace and mercy as they wore the skin of one lamb which was killed in their stead to cover them...

All subsequent sacrifices symbolized that act and were done in gratitude for what was done...

Faith without works is indeed dead...in these instances death itself...

ThreeAngels

The ceremonial law pertains to sacrifices and offerings and the work of the priests. All this symbolized Christ's work as the one Sacrifice that could alone atone for sin and His ministry as our High Priest in heaven.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Genesis 15:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And He said to him, “I am the Lord who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it.”

Acts 7:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground, and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that He would give it to him as a possession, and to his descendants after him.

Abraham never got the land he was promised. Unfulfilled.

There's still time, what's the rush?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The new covenant is the blood of Christ shed for all. The NT shows that the new covenant prophesied in Jer 31 includes Gentiles. If one is not in that covenant, they are not saved.

The new covenant for Israel and Judah is for those not saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The OT shows that the 10 and all the commandments given to Moses for Israel, including the book of the Law is ALL the old covenant aka the Mosaic Covenant Law.

But what about today? Should we keep any of the ten instructions of God for living in peace with him and others?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 15:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And He said to him, “I am the Lord who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it.”

Acts 7:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground, and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that He would give it to him as a possession, and to his descendants after him.

Abraham never got the land he was promised. Unfulfilled.
Yep.
Some folks forget that the land was promised to Abe AND his seed, not to just his seed.

Genesis 13:14-15 KJV
(14) And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
(15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Genesis 17:8 KJV
(8) And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Genesis 15:7 KJV
(7) And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee [Abraham] out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee [Abraham] this land to inherit it.

Lilstu

The ceremonial law pertains to sacrifices and offerings and the work of the priests. All this symbolized Christ's work as the one Sacrifice that could alone atone for sin and His ministry as our High Priest in heaven.

Did Jesus make this distinction concerning the Law? got a Scripture?

Lilstu

There's still time, what's the rush?

I'm not in a hurry. But have you weighed the consequences of the Law being unfulfilled?
“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Lilstu

Yep.
Some folks forget that the land was promised to Abe AND his seed, not to just his seed.

Genesis 13:14-15 KJV
(14) And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
(15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Genesis 17:8 KJV
(8) And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Genesis 15:7 KJV
(7) And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee [Abraham] out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee [Abraham] this land to inherit it.

Thank you for clarifying my comment.
It would appear that the Law has not been fulfilled.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:e4e:

Not only did Abraham not inherit the land, but neither did Isaac and Jacob.
And neither did Jacob's 12 sons.

Wick Stick

That's Western thinking for an Eastern text.

Ancient Semites didn't put a difference between a man and his descendants. They would have reckoned that Abe did receive it, at the point where his descendants took possession.

If you're trying to figure out whether that promise came to pass, it did... mostly. Israel never quite took possession of the northernmost or easternmost places mentioned. :)

While we're at it, the verse in Matthew isn't meant to indicate a point of terminus for the Law. Rather, it talks about addition and subtraction to the Law. The point is that there is no subtraction, but there is addition.

Jarrod

clefty

What would inheriting land have to do with sin? That is why the Law remains to point out sin not borders...

Once the land was settled sin would go away?

False Prophet

He who says,"I know him," but does not keep his commandments; is a liar, and the truth is not in him. Pursue peace with all men, and holiness; without which, no one will see the Lord. Like the holy one we are to be holy in ALL, ALL, all our conduct. Jesus is coming back for a church without spot blemish or wrinkle (Eph 5:27)
Do not be deceived, when you see these words; don't you think it is possible to be deceived about something?
Let's see: [5] For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
[6] Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Eph 5