GUNS!

Dan Emanuel

This is a slow motion video of a 1911 pistol. You could argue it is a commercial for Wilson Combat, but the video is good anyway. You can watch it go in and out of battery.

1911 cutaway
That was pretty much awesome, thanks for publishing it. :BRAVO: :third: :second: :first: :up:

Did it look to you like the extractor needed to be tuned? I thought I saw a couple casings that looked like they could have wound up stovepiping, but maybe that's the way it's supposed to look like from that angle, I don't know.

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am thinking a $3000 1911 (or 5k) doesn't need to have the extractor tuned. In that slow mo, one sure looked like it was going to stove pipe. I wonder how much cutting away changed ejection. I wonder if they cannibalized more than one to make it work right.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This going to be the next rifle I build...been wanting a .308 for a while now.

dsc_0701_1-600x600.jpg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
black = scary

and i think the bipod is a strike against it

and a telescoping stock? no way

good thing it doesn't have bayonet lugs

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
black = scary

and i think the bipod is a strike against it

and a telescoping stock? no way

good thing it doesn't have bayonet lugs

Not true...This rifle is a Tikka you can also buy this conversion for the Savage or Remington 700. It is a hopped up hunting rifle but, most sniper rifles are. Bolt action rifles really haven't received the scrutiny as semi-auto AR's & handguns have here in the communist mecca of Californication.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am thinking a $3000 1911 (or 5k) doesn't need to have the extractor tuned. In that slow mo, one sure looked like it was going to stove pipe. I wonder how much cutting away changed ejection. I wonder if they cannibalized more than one to make it work right.

the 1911 costs 3,000 ? why ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:idunno: Buy one for us and let us know. Mine was $650 on the shelf.

I thought your post said $3000 and something about 5K

Originally Posted by Nick M View Post

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
iirc, "black" was one of the criteria that NYS lawmakers used to determine whether or not a weapon was an "assault weapon"

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
iirc, "black" was one of the criteria that NYS lawmakers used to determine whether or not a weapon was an "assault weapon"

Given that most hunting rifles & shotguns are being sold with black composite stocks these days, that criteria pretty much rules out all hunting weapons but, that is what the NY liberals probably want.

Dan Emanuel

There were a couple shots of him pumping rounds out without any issues, so maybe the super-slow-mo was fooling me. It was really interesting to watch how "long" (in S.S.M.) it took for the recoil to work its way through the pistol to his hand. All the energy goes into the slide first and then it hit his hand. The apparent stove-piping may be normal but handling the recoil well (as he was doing) may prevent stove-piping entirely.

I remember trying out a .380 ACP pistol with my wife, and she wound up stove-piping it fairly regularly but I never did, and I've got to think that it's because I wasn't as limp in the wrist as she was.

She never stove-piped the .45 ACP 1911 though. :cool:

I've got a Smith with an external extractor, and I prefer it. To my mind, if something's adjustable but doesn't need to be, that's just asking for trouble, and the external extractor has never failed for me --thousands and thousands of rounds without any issues.

I've had a few F.T.F. but it was the mag. Chip McCormick Power Mags have been perfect. I've heard equally good things about Wilson mags, but have no experience with them.

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The suppressor is coming off the NFA list. The NFA is illegal and unconstitutional (and immoral) but one step at a time. So now people don't have to go deaf to shoot. For the record, it isn't a "silencer", and it doesn't make it silent. Get as far away from somebody who is trying to tell you how it is if "silencer" or "clip" rolls off their tongue.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The suppressor is coming off the NFA list. The NFA is illegal and unconstitutional (and immoral) but one step at a time. So now people don't have to go deaf to shoot. For the record, it isn't a "silencer", and it doesn't make it silent. Get as far away from somebody who is trying to tell you how it is if "silencer" or "clip" rolls off their tongue.

Is this a done deal?