GUNS!

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Best thing (IMO) is try a few different types and find out what your weapon shoots best...then stick with that.

Or...load yer own.

I had a 22 magnum once that loved Federal and shot nice. Didn't shoot for poo on anything else.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I'd join you.....but I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about cowboy guns. I do like the 30-30 and the 45-70, but I'm more of a 1911 and onward gun kinda guy.

PS. I'm the kinda guy that calls them "weapons." It must be left over from my Army days. I was in the First Cav Division...you might appreciate that VC.

I got a couple "onward" guns you might like, check out my pics if you get a chance.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Uh....lightbringer...I had to wipe a little drool off my chin when I checked out your photos.

Love em all!!! Especially the fiddy.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
If only I could have back every gun or guitar I ever sold or traded....

The world would be a little bit brighter. Course, I'd need a bigger gun safe...but I could deal with that!

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whoa..whoa..whoa, there son. That's premium defense ammo...kinda pricey for target shooting. :nono:

It was all they had for a Colt .45, and I get to kinda foaming at the mouth when in a gun frenzy...so pretty much all the time.

Suggestions??

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah...the WEB is just crawing with ammo suppliers. I haven't bought ammo from a retail store in ages. :plain:

I'm just so paranoid about paying for stuff online with a credit card. I was burned once, and now I'm a bit wary. :noid:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...buy-record-numbers-of-guns-for-Christmas.html

According to the FBI, over 1.5 million background checks on customers were requested by gun dealers to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in December. Nearly 500,000 of those were in the six days before Christmas.

It was the highest number ever in a single month, surpassing the previous record set in November.

Multiple theories are floated. The correct answer is preparation for what the Kenyan crusader will attempt in 2012 against the people and freedoms.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...buy-record-numbers-of-guns-for-Christmas.html

According to the FBI, over 1.5 million background checks on customers were requested by gun dealers to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in December. Nearly 500,000 of those were in the six days before Christmas.

It was the highest number ever in a single month, surpassing the previous record set in November.

Multiple theories are floated. The correct answer is preparation for what the Kenyan crusader will attempt in 2012 against the people and freedoms.

I must admit that people do seem to be preparing for something!

Big day at the range maybe?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

People are afraid that, as insane as it sounds, Obama may in fact get re-elected. The good citizens of this nation know what that means. They are prepared to have him try to take their guns by prying them from their cold, dead hands. Nothing short of this will ever get mine from me.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
People are afraid that, as insane as it sounds, Obama may in fact get re-elected. The good citizens of this nation know what that means. They are prepared to have him try to take their guns by prying them from their cold, dead hands. Nothing short of this will ever get mine from me.

Not saying it will never happen, but it won't be in the near future, not at least during my life time.

Let's hope it never comes to that!

Buzzword

My father-in-law has made a mint off people's paranoia about Obama taking their guns away.
On a lark he built an automatic rifle out of spare parts left him by a cop friend who died in the line of duty.

After Obama was elected, he started getting offers for it from fellow firearm enthusiasts who were hunkering down like they'd have to fight off mobs of Democrats sent after them by Obama.

He ended up selling the gun for around $15k, and paid off his house.

He's since built three more, selling them for $20k, $30k, and $45k respectively, all to men who (like vegascowboy) think the 2nd Amendment will be magically disintegrated by a wave of Obama's pen.

I realize I will probably never be able to own this gun, and I hope to God I never need a weapon which only fires armor-piercing bullets, but the HK MP7 submachine gun is just plain SEXY.

HKMP7.jpg

It looks like it would be right at home on the set of Firefly.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My father-in-law has made a mint off people's paranoia about Obama taking their guns away.
On a lark he built an automatic rifle out of spare parts left him by a cop friend who died in the line of duty.

I do not doubt it. There are a lot of crazy folks out there! :noid:

What?!

He's since built three more, selling them for $20k, $30k, and $45k respectively, all to men who (like vegascowboy) think the 2nd Amendment will be magically disintegrated by a wave of Obama's pen.
I see your point...and I don't. I get a bit extreme in my love of firearms as well as the 2nd Amendment, but I believe in being prepared. I hope, as lightbringer commented earlier, that it never comes to a point where we are asked to give up our 2nd Amendment rights.

Having said that, Obama has done more, from his words as well as his pen, do curtail our gun rights than any other president in the history of our nation. That, my friend, is a fact. Don't believe me? I'm happy to provide a long list of detailed examples.

I realize I will probably never be able to own this gun, and I hope to God I never need a weapon which only fires armor-piercing bullets, but the HK MP7 submachine gun is just plain SEXY.

That is a mighty fine weapon, agreed! :thumb:

Buzzword

vegascowboy said:
What?!

I see your point...and I don't. I get a bit extreme in my love of firearms as well as the 2nd Amendment, but I believe in being prepared. I hope, as lightbringer commented earlier, that it never comes to a point where we are asked to give up our 2nd Amendment rights.

Having said that, Obama has done more, from his words as well as his pen, do curtail our gun rights than any other president in the history of our nation. That, my friend, is a fact. Don't believe me? I'm happy to provide a long list of detailed examples.

I understand that paranoia always has some foundation in reality, but it really comes down to whether or not a law or "executive decision" (aka law-sans-lawmakers) will be enforced.

I've known many police officers over the years, and NONE of them are anything but extreme gun enthusiasts, just as proud of their right to protect themselves at home as they are of protecting others in their chosen profession.

Same thing with soldiers, assuming the president was ever idiotic enough to use the military for domestic law enforcement.

Thus, I don't get too worked up about rumors of the 2nd Amendment going the way of the dodo.

I'm too busy being excited that my wife will someday inherit her father's walk-in gun safe and all its contents. :cool::Grizzly: