Grandma living in Miami treehouse for 24 years in showdown with county

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
yes, you cited it would open to the public, and as such has to be able to be insured which would require appropriate building codes for insurance reasons and public safety (same reasoning as mine, if the person intends to sell their structure, it would need to THEN pass codes.

There is a difference in public and personal use.

Are you saying that people who are invited into a treehouse restaurant by it's owner, that their lives are more important than the lives of people invited into a (unsafe) treehouse home by it's owner?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Are you saying that people who are invited into a treehouse restaurant by it's owner, that their lives are more important than the lives of people invited into a (unsafe) treehouse home by it's owner?

I am guessing at this point, you are unaware that one can purchase homes defined as "as is" that dont meet current building codes in our fine country - and if a person hosts a person in an unsafe home and their guest is injured, they still have the ability to sue the owner, no?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I am guessing at this point, you are unaware that one can purchase homes defined as "as is" that dont meet current building codes in our fine country - and if a person hosts a person in an unsafe home and their guest is injured, they still have the ability to sue the owner, no?

I must have missed your answer to my above question. Here is it again:

Regarding your above statement:

No, I wasn't aware that a building could be inhabited that can be a fire hazard or a structural hazard to people living in it and to people living nearby, passing by or first responders.

Would you cite the documents showing that please, and cc those to Miami-Dade County, as they obviously didn't get the memo.

"Miami-Dade County says a woman’s open-air tree house was built illegally, is unsafe and must be demolished in the next four months."

Regarding your "sue em!" attempt at a point:

I wasn't aware that dead people can sue or be sued.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Are you saying you cant read?

I must have missed your answer to my above question. Here is it again:

When again did you stop beating your wife? (i dont answer idiotic questions that have nothing to do with what i said, thanks.)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My my, someone is angry.

Property rights anarchists (as I call them) seem to think that they have a some kind of "right" to do anything with their property even though (as in this case) it is deemed hazardous by an expert on building construction.

If you ladies would like to debate me on this topic further, go cool down and drop the personal insults and get back to me with a legitimate argument (or better yet, legal documents proving your attempt at a point).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My my, someone is angry.

Property rights anarchists (as I call them) seem to think that they have a some kind of "right" to do anything with their property even though (as in this case) it is deemed hazardous by an expert on building construction.

If you ladies would like to debate me on this topic further, go cool down and drop the personal insults and get back to me with a legitimate argument (or better yet, legal documents proving your attempt at a point).
You're a real ladies man

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

So building codes are just a waste of time unless you plan on selling your abode to someone?

Let me put it into terms that you can relate to:

You're up in your man-cave/treehouse smoking dope out of your sissy vaporizer. You fall asleep and the incense that you're burning catches your man-cave/ treehouse on fire. You jump to your safety realizing that you've left the love of your life behind. You hysterically scream "Someone call the fire department, my 'baby' is up there!" Thinking that a life is in jeopardy, not that of a sissy dope vaporizer, firefighters come rushing in to save your 'baby'. You're too drugged up and distraught to tell them that your 'baby' is really a machine that wannabe dopers use.

Firefighters risk their lives climbing up into your man-cave/treehouse, and it gives out and several of them are injured because you built the treehouse (probably while high on dope) and didn't have it inspected.

Pop quiz at 11 to see if you understand the reasoning behind building codes.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[:yawn: Far-fetched comparison] Let me put it into terms that you can relate to:

You're up in your man-cave/treehouse smoking dope out of your sissy vaporizer. You fall asleep and the incense that you're burning catches your man-cave/ treehouse on fire. You jump to your safety realizing that you've left the love of your life behind. You hysterically scream "Someone call the fire department, my 'baby' is up there!" Thinking that a life is in jeopardy, not that of a sissy dope vaporizer, firefighters come rushing in to save your 'baby'. You're too drugged up and distraught to tell them that your 'baby' is really a machine that wannabe dopers use.

Firefighters risk their lives climbing up into your man-cave/treehouse, and it gives out and several of them are injured because you built the treehouse (probably while high on dope) and didn't have it inspected.
The guy's a homo, too? :scripto:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[:yawn: Far-fetched comparison] When you property anarchists are able to debate me on why an inhabited dwelling shouldn't be required to have building codes, get back to me.

I just want to get the facts :peach: straight. When said homo falls on the fire fighter, is he overweight? :scripto: Is he a leper? :scripto:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just want to get the facts :peach: straight. When said homo falls on the fire fighter, is he overweight? :scripto: Is he a leper? :scripto:

I wasn't aware that homosexuality was involved in my above scenario. You can put the stones down now sd, as Muslim punishment won't be needed at this time (She really needs to put the bottle down).

BTW, when you're able to debate me on why building codes shouldn't be required on certain inhabited dwellings, get back to me.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[:yawn: Far-fetched comparison] ...BTW, when you're able to debate me on why building codes shouldn't be required on certain inhabited dwellings, get back to me.
I just want to get the facts :peach: straight. When said pot-smoking, fat, leprous, hippie homo fell on the fire fighter, was he cross-eyed? :scripto: And did he have a mullet? :scripto:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just want to get the facts :peach: straight. When said pot-smoking, fat, leprous, hippie homo fell on the fire fighter, was he cross-eyed? :scripto: And did he have a mullet? :scripto:

I see that you're making a joke about structural safety codes.

Here, get a good laugh out of this:

Fire That Killed 6 in Queens Is Laid to Faulty Wiring

The fire that swept through a house in Queens and killed five children and their grandfather on Friday night was caused by faulty electrical wiring, fire officials said yesterday.

Standing outside the gutted, two-story house in South Ozone Park, Arthur Massett, supervisor for the Queens Fire Marshal's office, said the blaze had begun at an electrical outlet in the enclosed front porch. Mr. Massett said it was unclear whether the faulty wiring was in the porch wall or in a cord that family members said had connected the outlet to a television set, which was turned on at the time...

Those killed in the fire were Marvin Weaver, 67 years old, and five of his grandchildren: Lonnie Simmons, 12, Kenneth Pough, 7, Ebony Simmons, 6, Kalief Simmons, 4, and Shante Simmons, 1.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/11/24/n...led-6-in-queens-is-laid-to-faulty-wiring.html

Victims have faces as well as names.

7_children_killed_in_house_fire_2738030000_15395913_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://media2.abc2news.com/photo/20...e_fire_2738030000_15395913_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[:yawn: False comparison] I see that you're making a joke about structural safety codes.

Here, get a good laugh out of this:

Fire That Killed 6 in Queens Is Laid to Faulty Wiring

The fire that swept through a house in Queens and killed five children and their grandfather on Friday night was caused by faulty electrical wiring, fire officials said yesterday.

Standing outside the gutted, two-story house in South Ozone Park, Arthur Massett, supervisor for the Queens Fire Marshal's office, said the blaze had begun at an electrical outlet in the enclosed front porch. Mr. Massett said it was unclear whether the faulty wiring was in the porch wall or in a cord that family members said had connected the outlet to a television set, which was turned on at the time...

Those killed in the fire were Marvin Weaver, 67 years old, and five of his grandchildren: Lonnie Simmons, 12, Kenneth Pough, 7, Ebony Simmons, 6, Kalief Simmons, 4, and Shante Simmons, 1.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/11/24/n...led-6-in-queens-is-laid-to-faulty-wiring.html

Victims have faces as well as names.

7_children_killed_in_house_fire_2738030000_15395913_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://media2.abc2news.com/photo/20...e_fire_2738030000_15395913_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Did they live in a tree?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Mr. Massett said it was unclear whether the faulty wiring was in the porch wall or in a cord that family members said had connected the outlet to a television set, which was turned on at the time...

you didnt even read your own story did you acw...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't aware that homosexuality was involved in my above scenario. You can put the stones down now sd, as Muslim punishment won't be needed at this time (She really needs to put the bottle down).

BTW, when you're able to debate me on why building codes shouldn't be required on certain inhabited dwellings, get back to me.
Does serpy hit the bottle?