Grandma living in Miami treehouse for 24 years in showdown with county

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Grandma living in Miami treehouse for 24 years in showdown with county CBSNews MSN Miami] "Miami-Dade County says a woman’s open-air tree house was built illegally, is unsafe and must be demolished in the next four months.

The Miami Herald reports Shawnee Chasser refuses to remove her tree house nestled against the forked trunks of an oak and strangler fig in the wooded front yard of her late son’s Biscayne Gardens home.

The fight sets up an only-in-Miami showdown between a $7 billion government and a 65-year-old grandmother who sells bags of organic popcorn at Whole Foods.

“I’m not taking down anything,” Chasser vowed during an interview. “I’ll chain myself to that tree house...”" Full text: Grandma living in Miami treehouse for 24 years in showdown with county Jn 8:36, Re 13:1-18

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
[Grandma living in Miami treehouse for 24 years in showdown with county CBSNews MSN Miami] "Miami-Dade County says a woman’s open-air tree house was built illegally, is unsafe and must be demolished in the next four months...

Can you believe it serpentdove, there are government officials who check buildings to make certain that they're safe for living in!

I wonder how granny would feel if her treehouse collapsed with her grandchildren in it?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Can you believe it serpentdove, there are government officials who check buildings to make certain that they're safe for living in!

I wonder how granny would feel if her treehouse collapsed with her grandchildren in it?

Granny can make that decision for her own grandchildren. :plain:

Granny's Got a Gun ~ Aerosmith Lk 22:36

b7d0c585cd065fe506909f7b82fef3b4.png

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Granny can make that decision for her own grandchildren. :plain:

Granny's Got a Gun ~ Aerosmith Lk 22:36

b7d0c585cd065fe506909f7b82fef3b4.png

Aren't you taking parental rights a bit far when it comes to the safety of innocent children?

How about this scenario instead:

Granny smokes too much dope up in her treehouse and falls and hits her head, bleeding profusely. Neighbors summon the local fire dept. who climb up into the treehouse and it collapses on them.

I can see your answer now:

'When they took the job they knew it was dangerous'.

shagster01

When I was a kid we built tree houses all the time without worrying about building codes. I bet they did in your day too. If they fell it was called an unfortunate accident. But I can't say I've heard of any deaths by tree house.

You probably support the cities that make kids get licenced to sell lemonade too, don't you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was a kid we built tree houses all the time without worrying about building codes. I bet they did in your day too. If they fell it was called an unfortunate accident. But I can't say I've heard of any deaths by tree house.

I didn't live in mine.

hqdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zeZq4ha1Xag/hqdefault.jpg

4_443412.jpg

http://1.i.baomoi.xdn.vn/w460x/16/09/06/20/20266359/4_443412.jpg

You probably support the cities that make kids get licenced to sell lemonade too, don't you?

Dope yes, lemonade no.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[ACW
Dictator.gif
] When I was a kid we built tree houses all the time without worrying about building codes. I bet they did in your day too. If they fell it was called an unfortunate accident. But I can't say I've heard of any deaths by tree house.

You probably support the cities that make kids get licensed to sell lemonade too, don't you?
It's a brave new world (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree, if its on her land, she should be able to live in a shack she built on it imo. I think safety laws for the homes there should come into play if and when she decides to sell it to someone else, not for her own use on her own land.

So building codes are just a waste of time unless you plan on selling your abode to someone?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A tree isn't a building. :plain: Jn 8:36

A house built in a tree is (hence the word "treehouse".

Now if want to suggest what parameters should be set by civil government for building codes (if you live in a non traditional house, building codes shouldn't be required) then make your case.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me help you along with deciding whether a non traditional house should be required to pass building code regulations serpentdove.

Should this treehouse be required to?

1234.jpg

http://therichest.imgix.net/1234.jpg?auto=format&q=40&lossless=1&w=568&h=364&fit=crop
The Treehouse Co. got hired by the Duke and Duchess of Scotland to make this most expensive tree house. They actually wanted this tree house to turn into a beautiful tourist attraction. It extends over a massive 6,000 square feet area, with a 120-seat restaurant, a retail store and two personal dining rooms. Alnwick Garden also has two classrooms wherein plays and movies are shown. The food offered at the restaurant is simply delectable, and the fine beer and wine offered will leave you wanting more.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Let me help you along with deciding whether a non traditional house should be required to pass building code regulations serpentdove.

1234.jpg

http://therichest.imgix.net/1234.jpg?auto=format&q=40&lossless=1&w=568&h=364&fit=crop
The Treehouse Co. got hired by the Duke and Duchess of Scotland to make this most expensive tree house. They actually wanted this tree house to turn into a beautiful tourist attraction. It extends over a massive 6,000 square feet area, with a 120-seat restaurant, a retail store and two personal dining rooms. Alnwick Garden also has two classrooms wherein plays and movies are shown. The food offered at the restaurant is simply delectable, and the fine beer and wine offered will leave you wanting more.

yes, you cited it would open to the public, and as such has to be able to be insured which would require appropriate building codes for insurance reasons and public safety. (same reasoning as mine, if the person intends to sell their structure, it would need to THEN pass codes.

There is a difference in public and personal use.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

1234.jpg

:yawn: Faulty Comparison